Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Hell yeah Bankston giggling at the personal injury lawyer dig. Crush this piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Another personal injury attorney dig lmao. Bankston might shank this guy.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

cubicle gangster posted:

I would love for them to forget they're being livestreamed right now and say something dumb

e: lol alex just did finger guns at the camera while walking out of the room. PLEASE show that clip to the jury when everyone gets back from lunch.

They’re smiling like that was some Atticus Finch opening statement and this win is in the bag already.

E: also :goddamn: Jones is rotund.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Rocky vs a side of beef for the $150 million dollar championship belt, and he’s going to make sure it goes all 15 rounds.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Lol at jones’ lawyer stretched out like he’s on his couch at home.

E: You can see the Cover Your rear end gears churning while she answers each question.

‘In your capacity as a corporate representative who was ordered by the judge to become an expert on the infowars corporation, how many listeners does Alex have?’

‘I have never seen a piece of paper with this information on it, it is probably impossible to find out’

red19fire fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 26, 2022

red19fire
May 26, 2010

*clinking coke bottles*

A-LEX JOO-OOOO-OOONES, COME OUT TO PLAA-AAAA-AAAAYYYYY

E: HOLD DARIA IN CONTEMPT

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Come on Bankston, let the bad cop question Daria.

E: if you don’t understand what a deposition is you shouldn’t be a juror.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

neato burrito posted:

How is any of this questioning relevant to how much AJ has to pay out? Can the judge just say "I've heard enough, gently caress you" and state an amount?

Jones’ defense is basically ‘I’m just a journalist chasing the truth, I don’t have time to check everything, first amendment.’ The plaintiffs attorney is establishing that Jones ignored clear evidence that he was pushing lies, that infowars has a culture of cherry-picking facts to support a conclusion, using random emails to a tip email as ‘confirmed sources’, etc. He’s showing that it’s more than just a journalist making a one-time oopsie, it was a prolonged and malicious campaign.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Get her rear end. Hell yes. God drat, Daria is a moron.

I think I just saw Jordan dash out after that exchange :classiclol:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Daria is deliberately a moron. Her deposition is part of why Jones got a $1m sanction against him.

This is part of the judge's factual findings in support of these sanctions (which was upheld by the 3rd COA).

e: part of the death penalty sanction was five different corporate rep depositions where the corporate rep knew nothing. Daria's depo was after the full default.

I didn’t know that part. Incredible. It’s like Alex hired her thinking she would make a great stool pigeon.

Is she personally going to face any punishment? Like contempt of court for the deposition shenanigans and this nonsense.

‘Did Jim Helbig appear on infowars in 2015?’

‘It’s impossible for me to know for sure, there’s too many videos.’

red19fire
May 26, 2010

There’s a part of the deposition where she is told to review a 30 minute video during a one hour lunch break and reminded that the judge ordered her to review it, then comes back and says she skimmed 10 minutes of it.

The other attorney in the gray suit is the pit bull, Mark should let him loose.

E: also Alex said on his show last week that he can’t wait to face his accusers in open court, the truth will save him, etc.

loving gutless coward.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 27, 2022

red19fire
May 26, 2010

This is one million percent better to watch with Jones present. I saw him texting earlier and seems to be squirming but it’s probably wishful thinking.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Lmao. Your honor, this witness cannot be asked about answers in her deposition as a corporate rep because she’s not a corporate rep witness she’s testifying about her answers in the deposition.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

God drat she’s disagreeing with her own deposition.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

‘It’s impossible for me to know where the source for this video came from’

‘This is from the info wars website’

E: I’m sorry for posting so much, this is the KF masterpiece.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Does anyone have the email of this Wolfgang guy because this email sounds loving wild.

He wrote to Alex that he found out where one of the sandy hook parents had moved after changing their name to escape Jones’ fans, using LE connections. He went to their gated community to interrogate their neighbors by pretending to be a fan of their tv appearances, who indirectly confirmed it by texting the parents. He then got ‘permission’ to walk around their home because the gated community doesn’t have a security guard. All of this in a gleeful tone as if he’s unraveling a hardy boys mystery.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Wow, and suddenly she can go into precise details and has a photographic memory.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I’ve got a rainbow afro wig and a foam finger and I’m screaming LETS GO BANKSTON every time he objects.

E: PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER.

V: also that guys friends ambushed Alex and beat the poo poo out of him, that’s why he left town :classiclol:

red19fire fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jul 27, 2022

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Judge dismissed the jury early because the defense is trying to introduce new evidence without telling the plaintiffs about it. She is crushing him right now.

Holy poo poo she is giving him the business.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

HAHA HOLY gently caress HE JUST CALLED THE PLAINTIFF ‘S ATTORNEY DISHONEST IN FRONT OF THE JUDGE.

Immediately after being warned about personal insults.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

This is day 2 of possibly 10-14 and defense has already admitted they’re wildly unprepared and trying to pull shenanigans in defiance of pre trial orders. Bankston (pbuh) is mopping the floor with him.

E: this trial should be released as a dvd box set.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 27, 2022

red19fire
May 26, 2010

As if by magic she can explain Alex’s sourcing process soup to nuts. Yesterday it ‘comes from his head, it’s impossible to know.’

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Did the judge address the spat after she left, or the conduct of the defense at all?

Also lmao they’re just going to play full episodes of infowars.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Surely if we let Jones slide with a warning, *this time* he’ll learn his lesson.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Lol 90% of platforms ‘cancelled’ Alex Jones, therefore he is innocent.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Your honor I object to showing an interview that I just asked a witness about in court.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Jones hustling the gently caress out of there after that video :classiclol:

‘If you notice your enemy is about to slash his own throat, never interfere.’ -napoleon bonapart 250 years ago.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Watching the noose tighten in real time. Holy poo poo these lawyers are not playing games.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Holy gently caress she is giving this dipshit defense attorney the business.

OH MY loving GOD LETTING THIS rear end in a top hat SLIDE AGAIN.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

So they’re going to watch Alex’s show with owen and see what they said about the trial tonight? 5 years later and still playing games.

Take the kid gloves off. Just give him a little smack. Overnight in jail. Something.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

This camera guy is way too friendly with the defense.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The more they look like a thumb, the more damning the testimony.

E: Jones should be required to sit through every minute of this trial, it is a masterpiece.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

mojo1701a posted:

I can't imagine what the defence is going to ask the expert witness. I mean, what is there to say?

‘Well you didn’t read all 20,000 pages of the report, how do you know there isn’t a footnote that proves Alex was right all along?’ :smug:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

It feels like he’s really trying to get this witness to say that Alex is a journalist so he’s protected by free speech but not the kind that is bound by professional ethics or integrity.

Or even the absolute bare minimum citations you’d expect from a grade schooler’s first book report.

E: also lol at it being up to the viewers to do the editors’ job of separating fact from fiction.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jul 29, 2022

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Still doing the ‘Alex is just a humble radio call-in show host, he has no control over what callers say’ routine. But as anyone who has tried to prank call a radio station would know, they have screeners who are supposed to keep the riff raff out.

$100k a year to let any psycho call in seems like a great gig.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Oh, you haven’t reviewed 8,000 hours of Mr. Jones’ show? Then how can you be an expert on journalism? :smug:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

El Fideo posted:

Also, he seems to think that "presenting alternate viewpoints" means that the journalistic code of ethics means that it's an inherent good to spout bullshit conspiracy theories.

It’s the 99 climate change scientists vs 1 anti-climate change scientist. Gotta hear both sides.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury, I’m just an aw-shucks lawyer trying his first case. But isn’t it a breach of journalistic ethics *not* to spend years having cranks on Jones’ show talking about the dead child of the plaintiff being part of an elaborate false flag attack?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Whoa whoa whoa, just because using the word ‘journalist’ to describe yourself has specific implications for professional ethics and trustworthiness doesn’t mean Alex knows what any of those things are because he thinks ‘journalist’ means something else!

This is an actual argument presented by a lawyer. Who I hope got paid up front NOT

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Hahaha Bankston just snorted at that ‘overruled’.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

God drat mark’s guffaws are incredible. Doing an end zone dance on Jones’ grave.