Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
$150,000,000 holy poo poo. That feels like a big swing but I hope they get it.

lol Jones' lawyer seeking a mistrial for reasons I didn't hear because they were going to break. Good effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Seems like Jones' lawyer is still trying to argue for innocence like this is the first part of the trial.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

its all nice on rice posted:

It's TYOOL 2022. Can we get a digital whiteboard in here?

Sure if they prepared in any way whatsoever I'm sure they could have had all kinds of stuff in there.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Digital Jedi posted:

Judge is a paid op by Soros

DEMOCRAT JUDGE!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I swear each time Alex's lawyer said "conspiracy theory" I think I saw Alex wince a little bit.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

cubicle gangster posted:

I would love for them to forget they're being livestreamed right now and say something dumb

definitely potential for a Robert Durst moment during these breaks. Burp.

Piell posted:

Alex's lawyer just told Alex to stop talking because the audio was still going, so close!

Oh, drat.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
what does "invoking the rule" mean? if I heard that right.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Lambo Trillrissian posted:

Did you all catch the first thing after returning from the break was the judge striking the defense's entire opening statements from the record "due to having no evidentiary value."

This is fun.

Did they strike more than "Alex has already apologized?"

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Watching a Jones lawyer work reminds me of nightmares I have sometimes where I'm struggling to do something simple at my job.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
It's Daria time

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

BigglesSWE posted:

Who is Daria?

Sounds like they're getting into it but she's an Info Wars producer and she acted as a corporate representative (the second of 3 because none of them could do the job properly) for Infowars/Freespeech Systems at the depositions.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Grand Fromage posted:

And being fawningly pro-Russia is pretty much Alex's only consistent position.

Other than "GUNS GOOD" yeah pretty much

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Grand Fromage posted:

I'm not counting The Globalists since there's nothing consistent about his conspiracy poo poo even within a single episode.

This is the same reason I wouldn't count his religious beliefs because whatever brand of Christianity/Woo he believes swings wildly from day to day or faster.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Her 10 second pause before she answers every simple question is infuriating.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
What do you think the plaintiffs hope the jury gets out of this Daria questioning?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I hope the person with the horrendous cough is wearing a mask but it's Texas so lol

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Grand Fromage posted:

10% of the world's population was his claim IIRC. Also all world leaders.

Don't be ridiculous. It was 10% of the English speaking world.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Back on the record real quick so Defense can take another swing at a mistrial.

Judge: Are you going to bring this after every witness?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
A lot of "I object because it's devestating to my case" this trial.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Mr. Nice! posted:

I would be terrified to practice in front of her for fear of drawing her ire, but I loving love watching her.

I think you only get to this level of ire after 5 years of loving around.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
lol I love hearing random no context Jones clips being played in the courtroom while they're on break. I think they are trying to figure out an audio issue or something?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
It's always jarring to see the juxtaposition of the court in casual mode on break vs formal mode when they are going. Even for this clown show.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
So Alex returned to the court and then just before the break ended decided "nah" and peaced out?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
They're reading the hosed up email right now on the stream. I think somebody was looking for a link to the KF episode earlier that covered it.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

ILL Machina posted:

Where is Alex??

He was in the room like 3 minutes before the break ended and then left after potentially Jinxing himself.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Scam Likely posted:

So this Wolfgang guy was openly bragging in an email about how thankful he was for his police connections who gave him confidential witness protection info, which he used to physically confront victims... wow.

Yep and I would even say that's a charitable summary of the email.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

TulliusCicero posted:

Is this lunatic Wolfgang guy infowars? Or just a nutjob that listens to them

I don't think he was employed by info wars but he was clearly a source they leaned on for a lot of their crazy stories and videos.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I might be misinterpreting this from Jordan's live tweeting but Alex might be in the room just not on camera? The tweet says

quote:

The clip played shows Alex repeating the same Sandy Hook theories in 2017, despite their insistence that's not possible. Alex makes a noise.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Love that we're getting Jones ad pivots in court.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Crazy Ted posted:

Reminder that before he became a lunatic conspiracy theorist Alex Jones used to look like this....

Rabbit holes: not even once

This Alex Jones probably killed a guy.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
"...in your role as the corporate representative that's been imposed on you..."

not said: by us

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

haljordan posted:

Unless you steal money from a client you ain't getting disbarred

Yeah this is essentially what lawyer Andrew Torrez has said on his podcast Opening Arguments.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

So I guess they aren't going to sit down and talk about those videos Reynal wants to admit for tomorrow like the judge asked them to do.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Steve... Peechenick?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Troubadour posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Pieczenik (if you're genuinely confused and not reacting to the live feed or whatever)

Yeah sorry I was just reacting to the way Defense said it.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
They're waiting for somebody to get back. A juror?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I bet the stenographer is at least stoked that they put on a 17 minute video.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
"archive.org the respected group that puts the archives up"

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I love that Alex's lawyer pointed out every 10 minutes yesterday that he had a rolling objection to Daria answering questions as a corporate representative and keeps asking her to answer questions as a corporate representative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

ILL Machina posted:

I believe that the rolling objection was overruled this morning. Probably because of that. I think they had a bench-approach conversation about it towards the start of the defense's time yesterday.

He also asked her questions as a corporate rep yesterday