Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
A reminder that he could be arguing that, say, this is a 20 million dollar crime rather than a 150 million dollar one, instead he's trying to relitigate the case in front of the jury with a bunch of winks and nudges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Oh my god he's trying so hard to stall for time

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
omfg the judge had to tell Jones' lawyer to stop chewing gum

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I'm not sure Daria understands how badly her attempts to stonewall are going to put off the jury

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Gotta love when defendants object based on rulings that don't exist

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Dan is a treasure and must be protected

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I laughed out loud at "That's not the law"

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
So Alex's lawyer wants the jury to have to watch a 9 minute video the judge hasn't seen yet

Uh

Okay bud

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Lol they're making the jury watch the entire broadcast of each of the clips

This is going to take forever

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
We're so disorganized, we're just a wittle itty bitty global media operation worth millions

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Digital Jedi posted:

:siren:Jones is back:siren:

I'm sure that tree painting missed his stare
He wants to watch Daria defend him lol

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
"THE MEGYN KELLY VIDEO WAS A TOTAL HITJOB"

"Let's watch the video in it's entirety then"

"WAIT NO DON'T DO THAT"

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
OH MY GOD

JUROR TRAP SPRUNG

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Daria refusing to answer for a solid minute about whether or not she thinks the trial is a sham is the highlight. I mean my god.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I've shotgunned all of Knowledge Fight and he goes in and out of court often, and sometimes he'll go to court in the morning and then go on air in the afternoon. He's done this with every other trial he's been at, so of course he and Owen go on air Monday / Tuesday as if everything's fine

What's the over / under on sanctions coming down tomorrow? I want SaltyBet for Alex Jones' defamation trial

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Jesus god this man is a rambling mess

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Tree Dude posted:

I tuned in about an hour late when Owen was answering Jury questions. I might have just missed it in the thread but did anything come from last night's revelation by the judge that Owen and Alex were talking about the case on air Tuesday and Wednesday?
That came up. One of the jurors asked "What did you talk about when you went on air during this trial" and his answer was "I don't remember"

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
A reminder that, much like filing a lawsuit, filing for bankruptcy is a tweet with a fee

It'll bounce off every court it hits

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
lmao and he did it exactly when everyone in court was about to go home for the weekend

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

GreyjoyBastard posted:

that is an excellent line and I will be stealing it
I can't take credit for it, the original line was something along the lines of "a lawsuit is a tweet with a filing fee"

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Kind of tough to put pn an effective defense when you aren't allowed to introduce evidence or dispute facts

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Random Stranger posted:

They were allowed to introduce evidence and dispute facts. They provided Wikipedia entries and CSAM, made up poo poo, and then refused to take part in the court proceedings until the judge finally went, "Fine. You lose."

They don't get to whine about it being unfair and lovely when they're the ones who poo poo the place up.
Oh, I agree! Several of Jones' previous lawyers hosed up pre-trial so badly that his current one has his hands tied. Mounting the kind of defense Jones would want his lawyer to mount in his current circumstance is an impossible task.

As a separate point from all of that, this dude is an idiot and a bad lawyer and is also doing a bad job.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
As I was typing my response I wasn't sure whether to keep referring to Jones' lawer in the third person or call him Shitball

EDIT: The actual worst snipe

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
lol Shitball wants a surprise witness

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Lol is he live right now?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Ugh, this means we're gonna have to listen to Alex's lawyer suck his dick for like five hours before cross

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
His legal strategy so far has been "pill the jury", so he's going to do his radio show at them

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
It's trivially easy to get Alex to step on a conversational rake. It happened a bunch during depositions.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

BigglesSWE posted:

Did Jones also default to a guilty verdict in CT or is that case still to be decided?
He also defaulted there, and iirc the case in CT is way, way more focused on Jones' profit motive

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I actually, honestly believe that Alex believes that the judge and the people suing him are in league with Hillary Clinton

Not that it matters at this point

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but one of the plaintiff's attorneys crowdsourced zingers from the Knowledge Fight subreddit in prep for closing arguments.

Current winning candidate is reinforcing to the jury that Daria admitted under oath that Alex's voice is a weapon.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
There's scuttlebutt in the KF Facebook group that the plaintiffs are, at this moment, trying to get their hands on a copy of Alex's broadcast this morning where he called the judge possessed.

It's gonna come up in cross, possibly played in front of the jury

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The subreddit for a podcast is helping sue Alex Jones

I loving love it

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
We have now reached the "remind everyone how boring it is when Alex rambles at them for two hours" portion of the trial

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Meatball posted:

Does he think
Buddy I'm gonna stop you right there

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Anyone know how long this series of unhinged rants is supposed to be

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I still can't get over the fact that him saying "This is your Perry Mason moment" was followed by a "but" and then a bunch of nonsense. Like, it's meant paternalistically. "Look, I know you lawyer guys want to have your big lawyer moments, but shut up and listen to me speak uninterrupted".

He was trying to insult him.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Frank Frank posted:

Does he though? I've never been 100% sure about that. I guess we'll find out when the contents of that phone are made public.
For Alex, and for a lot of people with untreated mental illnesses, the line between "I believe this" and "I want this to be true very badly because if it were true it would justify my current emotional state" is razor thin.

His gut reaction drives the bus.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Alex treats his show as therapy. Screaming into the microphone is the only way he knows how to process his feelings, so of course he's going to express his anger over having accidentally disclosed his crimes by accidentally disclosing more crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Oof