Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

haljordan posted:

He's already declared bankruptcy and moved all his assets to shell corporations, good luck collecting anything

That bankruptcy claim was already thrown out and all the shell corporations tied back to jones, so my understanding is that avenue is essentially closed to him.

Ironically enough tho it's closed in large part because he declared bankruptcy prior to the judgement actually coming down which is just :lol: too perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

this thread sucks

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

it's a CONSPIRACY :tinfoil:

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

EorayMel posted:

Also how stupid are you to be (one of) the biggest republican grifter(s) in American history and gently caress up at shell corporations

He used his own initials as the name for one of em

others were owned by his mom and dad

Jones is not a smart man

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

haljordan posted:

Do you think he cheaped out or no legit lawyer wanted to take his money

He ran through about 3-4 different legal teams over the course of this whole thing. Not even the true believer lawyers lasted. No one with an actual reputation to stake was gonna risk tying themselves to this case

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

if anyone else like me can't watch because they have 'jobs' but can lurk twitter Jordan of Knowledge Fight is livetweeting
https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1551968201897979904?s=20&t=EDbAvygltviNKS_D5WQLEA
If you don't listen to knowledge fight - Jordan is a very screamy man, so whatever amount of shrieking indignation you picture when reading add about 20% on the top to both rage and decibel level

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

SpaceViking posted:

The judge is doing a lot more witness prep than I have ever received when testifying in court.

Some of the witnesses are infowars employees. Explaining like they're infants may not be enough to stop them from being idiots but it does provide a clean record to charge them with contempt

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

holy poo poo the defense seems to be really trying to imply it was understandable that jones was confused about what happened

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I have headphones and can listen to the trial now because I like to punish myself by listening to lovely people be lovely

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

The defense lawyer is dancing around "Heslin never held his son in his arms" :wtf:

edit: stopped dancing. this is horrific

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Whats delightful is I don't have to care about being fair and can still think it's gross

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Hollismason posted:

How long is the trial suppose to last?

The court has two weeks penciled in apparently. How long it actually goes? Probably max two weeks. I can't imagine Alex's lawyers wanna drag it out but they're idiots so who knows

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Human monkey chimeras are real? :thunk:

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Seth Pecksniff posted:

her name is Gamble?

Looks like Alex Jones rolled the dice...................... and lost :grin:

*csi miami song* YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Robo Reagan posted:

i cant tell if shes trying to throw alex under the bus or is just horribly incompetent

If you listen to her deposition on Knowledge Fight you know for sure its the second one.

Also she has an utterly bizarre point of view on what is acceptable to say and what isn't

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Also Halbig describing how he went to their house in Florida, where the parents moved because of all the harassment, and talked to their neighbors personally after lurking outside their home.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

Was it Daria? She’s the one who previously said that it was actually good for Jones (or maybe Halbig?) to claim that Sandy Hook never happened, because isn’t it better to imagine those children didn’t die? :kheldragar:

The Knowledge Fight hosts said they can’t tell if she’s ever being stupid on purpose or if she’s just naturally like that.

E: I can’t watch the stream rn but it sounds like it is Daria

it is in fact Daria and she does in fact suuuuuck

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

teen witch posted:

There isn’t a time stamp on the stream as it’s not being recorded, the judge specifically requested it.

Gotta wait for transcripts OR if anyone knows the knowledge fight episode and timestamp I’ll add it to the OP

It's episode 641, or Formulaic objections Part 4. Alex is up first then Daria is also deposed in the episode. Time stamp for the Halbig email to the non-verbal child's mother is 2:12:30. This leads into multiple other Halbig emails

I'll try to find the other email about the visit to Florida.

KitConstantine fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jul 27, 2022

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I can't believe she doubled down on "i'd rather imagine they were still alive than shot to death"

what the gently caress

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Alright here's the other hosed up email

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

From what I've heard on the legal podcasts I listen to (ALAB specifically) Judges absolutely HAAAATE dealing with disputes like this

So this lawyer is really not helping himself here

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Why the gently caress is this still playing

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

FREEDOM THANK gently caress THATS OVER*

*for now

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Daria would barely admit to knowing who Rob Dew (sp?) was yesterday. Now she can rattle off his history.

gently caress you lady

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

mojo1701a posted:

Holy poo poo yeah. I hope the jury remembers this.

It is genuinely pissing me off how much her memory has 'improved' now that the defense is doing the questioning.

It's infuriating.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Fuckin hell

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Yes, showing a video of Alex Jones explicitly claiming that the coverage of the shooting was staged and blue screened makes him sound very not culpable for the act of "telling people Sandy Hook was fake and staged"

*defense council returns to their snack of lead paint chips*

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1552698231078850560?s=20&t=DNZFMypOQVockE9uMxS09g

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Theyre on break now for lunch anyway. I assume returning at 1 but ???

Edit: apparently back at 1:30 as usual but I'm not positive

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

MrMojok posted:

I just tuned in and they are at lunch. I looked at Jordan's twitter feed... what was the 17 minute clip the defense played, that Jordan said was basically just stalling/trying to get people to lose focus?

That was the 50 minute clip. It was just a recording of a full hour segment of Jones' show with callers and stuff, talking a bunch about Sandy Hook and also other random poo poo

It was super boring and everyone other than the main defense lawyer was zoning out by about minute 10, even the judge.

the 17 minute clip was of Alex talking about how the CNN coverage of Sandy Hook was staged, and that while real kids may have died he still thinks the event itself was a false flag.

It...did not help their case imo

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

mobby_6kl posted:

Oh poo poo, I forgot they used to do tons of Alex Jones stuff, so that only makes sense. I'll check it out, thanks.

Knowledge Fight is nigh-exclusively Alex Jones stuff lol

You might be thinking of another podcast in the constellation of 'vaguely comedic coverage of right wing figure' media

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

The above defense described by SMG then promptly falls apart because the plantiffs have already established Alex jones continued his denial of events and attacks on the parents for *years*, nearly a decade in fact, so there's no way he was still confused in, say, 2018

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

mobby_6kl posted:

Behind the Bastards maybe, but I listened to a few AJ episodes of Knowledge Fight a while ago, I just assumed they do other topics too. I guess he's just generating so much content opportunity lmao.

They occasionally take a break and cover other even more loony conspiracy stuff, but it is indeed probably 95% by episode and 99% by time spent coverage of Alex jones

Dan is a Saint and Jordan is a madman

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

"BOBBY BARNES IS HERE! BOBBY BARNES, MEDIA STAR!!!"

:lmao:

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Saying that Alex is 100% being his true self on the show is not the right answer right now

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Piell posted:

"can you define staged?" "I think you did that for us earlier"

Edit: lol she said Sandy Hook was largely staged

No, she said that THE TRIAL ITSELF is largely staged

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

MattO posted:

took her forever to answer, too

Judge had to stick her under a glass like a bug

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Alex is turning so. red.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Owen is being dismantled right now

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

This attorney is making Owen look either incompetent, utterly incapable, or actively unwilling to do his job

Which is accurate but it's probably not good for Alex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

Plaintiffs' counsel are high quality attorneys.

They also are actively and self-admittedly out for blood at this point. It's a nasty combination