Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

He had to lose the way to get him down under the LD50 for that capsule.

:nfpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Judge: OK Mr Jones I'll make you a deal, if you can sit there, for 5 minutes, without calling the Sandy Hook matter a hoax I'll waive the billion and we can call the whole thing o-

Jones: YOU GLOBALIST SCUM TRYING TO SILENCE ME BECAUSE I SPEAK THE TRUTH!

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Baron von Eevl posted:

If Jones ever were to be involved in a shootout, either like that tax evading friend of his or as a mass shooter, there's basically no way he wouldn't be broadcasting it and yelling through the whole thing.

dude going to bleed out in a cornfield live on air.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Bootcha posted:

I would argue the only republican/conservative/right-wing-nut to have clout post-mortem that isn't based on founding fathers retroscopism is Reagan, and that's because his conservative sainthood/deism was an active construction by the GOP.

Also Reagan was an office holder which meant he and his party influenced actual laws and policies that people had/have to live with, rather than just being some guy yelling into the internet hole.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I specifically avoided the Oculus camp when VR came up because I didn't want to have to deal with the Zuck environment.

Also the non-zero possibility that because of the facebook/oculus integration, if I somehow ate a facebook ban it could also mean my VR headset is effectively bricked.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Dick Bastardly posted:

I apologize in advance if this has been asked already, but given the certain likelihood that the egg shaped fuckman known as Alexander Jones cannot possibly pay what he rightly owes, what is the likelihood he will go to prison for failing to pay up?

zero. If he's supposed to pay a billion and the bankruptcy court establishes he only has 1/10th of that then all of that gets seized and any money he makes in the future will be garnished till the day he dies, but he won't go to prison.

if he continues to defame the SH parents in spite of the civil judgements against him, I THINK that is a criminal offence that carries penalties (I think I saw that from one of the law adjacent people in this thread, others feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). As the man literally cannot shut up, that is probably his most likely, although still admittedly small, path to prison.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

Can't he go to jail if the bankruptcy court establishes that he does have money that he unsucessfully tried to hide (e.g. in a foreign bank account) and he refuses to hand it over?

How? Banks do what the court tells them, physical assets are basically repo'd.

Edit: pretty sure Jones is dumb as poo poo and hasn't sent jack poo poo overseas and forensic accountants will find the domestic stuff. Dude was not remotely clever in trying to hide stuff. Goes back to my previous point about hiring, and listening to, good accountants/lawyers

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

Debtor's prisons are pretty scarce these days.

I mean officially yeah.

But there's a direct correlation between being poor and whether you'll get a sentence that includes prison time, and the 13th amendment doesn't protect the incarcerated...

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

FirstnameLastname posted:

Kanye isn't running to be a real candidate, he might think he's got a chance but he doesn't. he wants to be able to spew off hate speech and his grandiose visions to big crowds, like Hitler, because he thinks Hitler had it all figured out

i cannot believe i just typed that

I assume due to a troubling attention span nobody has gotten around to telling Ye how Hitler ended up.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I like to go back and read from page 102 when I'm feeling blue sometimes. :allears:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

that's pretty common.

cheaters often choose to believe their partners are also cheating to justify to themselves why they are cheating. This often leads to the cheater nosing into and confronting their partner and asking about their (real or imagined) cheating, only to reveal their own infidelities.

So dumb.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

goatface posted:

He needs to do a regular burn off of the excess alcohol fumes.

:fart:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Thought you were a lawyer, not a judge

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

I mean I guess nobody's going to be standing there waiting to slap the fork out of his mouth.

For 1 billion in debts and the crime of being Alex "astronomical rear end in a top hat" Jones, there should be.

Like, I want the court to hire some dude to go everywhere with him carrying a sign, warning passersby what a colossal loving rear end in a top hat he is and encouraging people to boo and jeer every time he opens his loving mouth.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

lol those are some lovely rear end watches for someone with his money.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

mojo1701a posted:

Alex seems to me like a sociopath, and a lot of sociopaths get what they want with incredible flattery and charm. The problem with someone like Alex is that he also has an oversized ego, so when he was trying to flatter Icke by saying how right he was, he couldn't bring himself to admit that he could therefore be wrong and should reconsider his support of Musk.

And then this Dittmann character appeared and Alex went whole hog on ignoring Icke, showing that Alex has no loyalty.

Frank Frank posted:

Security and a sense of safety 100% buy happiness and money provides both. Absolutely agree (as someone else who grew up super poor).

I wish I could pull up the study but I can't recall where it was.

It was basically trying to figure out how much money is required to be "happy." Turns out it was surprisingly little per year. Enough that people could provide nice/comfortable food and shelter and healthcare reliably, with enough left over to pursue interests. That was it. Once that was achieved, there wasn't much difference. So if peak happiness was at $120K per year or something, there wasn't much difference between that and 500K. There was also little to no difference between 500K and 5M and so on.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Good ragdoll, bad man.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Frank Frank posted:

Is that an enormous or is Alex jones a lot smaller than I thought he was?

Its a huge fluffy cat. Ragdolls be like that.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

BrigadierSensible posted:

Alex Jones is a silly, stupid man who has too much money and should give all of it to the parents of dead children and then spontaneously combust in a shower of rancid vodka poo poo.

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Welp, that’s what you get for corporatizing your knowledge-well and prioritizing commerce and advertising instead of truthful information

Most goons probably lived thru the best internet, lots of freedom + relatively low commerce + no loving algorithms to keep you glued (sorry engaged) to the screen

The gently caress are you talking about?

Go back and read the archives from the early 2000s. This place became a haven because of the paywall and it was STILL the origin of half the internet's worst stories.

The internet has always been awful. We just got used to goatse.