Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

One's a cowardly lion, the others a lying coward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

I recommend traditional remedies.

Treat your insomnia while also treating piles, constipation, nervousness, dyspepsia, headache, rheumatism, asthma, indigestion, eczema and much much more.

Weren't vibrators (the naughty kind, not for shoulders and necks) marketed the same way, such as curing hysteria?

So I went and Googled it and according to Wikipedia masturbation may:
- relieve depression
- lead to higher sense of self-esteem
- reduce the risk of prostate cancer
- improve fertility
- reduce chance of coronary heart disease
- reduces swollen nasal blood vessels to improve breathing (this may be the insomnia cure)
- provide a relaxed/contented state to help with sleep
- sort of count as a cardiovascular workout?!

So y'know... maybe.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Facebook Aunt posted:

I can confirm this one. Kinda freaked me out when I realized it, lol. Though honestly I think just getting horney might be enough to divert blood flow from swollen nasal passages, actually masturbating may be unnecessary. Somebody put in a grant proposal to study if edging can relieve seasonal allergy symptoms.

Suddenly the 'nurse fetish' makes a lot more sense.

The sex industry needs to be upgraded to be part of the medical association as a key component to good mental and physical health.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Slyphic posted:

While you're there and on the subject, the entries for Ejaculation and Semen in the Lamest Edit Wars catalogue are worth reading for a good chuckle. That page is a treasure.

Oh wow that's a trip.