Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I know Jones is a shithead and he doesn't show any sort of real fear and remorse about anything...

But I hope in his most private moments, like just before he's falling asleep, or he's alone driving his car, or whatever...that there's a cold, slimy dread that creeps up his spine. The worry that he's hosed. The cloud of anxiety that things won't turn out okay this time. That the weight of owing a billion dollars presses down on him when he's alone with his thoughts and there's the ice in his chest and the feeling that the bottom of the gallows will drop from under him at any time.

Just to make him a little nervous and more alone. That's all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I'm 15 minutes into the doc and it's one of the hardest things I've watched in a long time. Have to watch it in bite-sized pieces or I get overwhelmed.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Is a show a good thing? The Tiger King was a piece of poo poo but somehow became a beloved folk hero for being the whackadoo main character of a popular Netflix show. Hope that doesn't happen to Alex...

There's a moment in the doc where you don't see Alex's face and he's talking directly to the Sandy Hook parents.

He isn't speaking to a camera, he's subtitled because he's keeping his voice low. He's surrounded by his lawyers so he doesn't think he's being filmed. Alex says sorry for what he did, and it sounds like the only genuine moment of non-performative contrition he's ever had...until you realize that if he was able to finish his speech, he'd be trying to get them to cancel the suit last second, or to come on his show for more bullshit. He's pitching for them. He's begging. This human moment is still piece-of-poo poo Alex. You hate him even more.

Captain Hotbutt fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 28, 2024