Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I’m coming to realize that it’s not so much that there are two court systems, one for the rich and for the poor, than it is the court system we have is so dysfunctional that it can only process low level offenses against the marginalized in a timely manner. You throw a hyper-venal rich motherfucker with decades of crime-ing into it and the bandwidth immediately bottlenecks. There just aren’t enough billable hours in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I don’t know what’s real or not, anymore.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Sweet Jesus. I may be ignorant of these things, but that sounds like a massive sanction

Mike Bankston is on today’s Knowledge Fight. He commented that six figure fines are rare for individual lawyers. Real deal consequences.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Tunicate posted:

sorry, today's kids only watch chitty chitty bang bang when it's a Japanese cover of a Hungarian eurobeat hit

Toot sweet, motherfuckers.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
We are now on the down slope of Alex Jones’ life. He is not unlike a leaking fart zeppelin slowly descending towards the horizon.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I honestly like the idea of Alex being caught in a state of perpetual dread over his impending ruin. Every day the dread builds, but he’s always just half way there. Zeno’s Alcoholic.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

The Bible posted:

That's more or less what he has been for a very long time now. He doesn't seem capable of caring or positivity. Every moment he is alive, at least from the look of him, is just a lonely, miserable state of agony. Just filled with dread and hatred and paranoia.

Yeah, it’s pretty great.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Yeah, that’s my fault.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I do want Alex Jones to be legally required to wear a barrel.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

pseudanonymous posted:

Careful, if you scream conspiracy theories into the void long enough your brain will be replaced with chili.

Chicken fried steak. Alex was having a chicken fried steak the first time he had a stroke and thought god was talking to him. For those of you unfamiliar, Alex has often told this story of tucking into a CFS and getting a download from God.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
You guys ever watch the underrated horror movie Frailty (2001)? Alex is just like that, except god revealed itself in comfort food instead of a spray of metal grinder sparks.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

MEIN RAVEN posted:

I know this is the Alex Jones thread but I'm going back to Texas in a few weeks for Christmas and I suddenly have the urge for a honker like that.

Have a scribe nearby just in case the god seizes you.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Grand Fromage posted:

He just told the chicken fried steak story yet again so we're all busy getting downloads from God.

I was sure I was going to be mocked for bringing up the Chicken Fried Epiphany, since not everybody in this thread is a Knowledge Fight listener. Oh happy day when goons can commiserate over fried meats.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Much as the image of the labrys (double axe) was supposed to represent the butterfly epiphany of the Minoan great goddess, every surface in Alex Jones’s family compound should be covered in schematized frescoes of a chicken fried steak on a fork.

The family altar should be a reproduction in miniature of the steakhouse where the revelation occurred.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Chicken fried steak gives you the power of augury, but normal steak makes you prank call Brian Steltzer. I am learning Alex’s magic system and will employ it in a very lovely KU fantasy novel. LitRPG style.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Deptfordx posted:

Ten years seems optimistic looking at him and knowing his lifestyle.

He’s also a narcassistic baby man who is enough of a coward to R Budd Dwyer himself on the show, one night. He’s too scared to face consequences, so he’ll control his own narrative in the most final, spineless way possible. Artless little gently caress.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I want to literally buy Alex’s chairs out from underneath him as he is sitting.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Pirate Radar posted:

Obviously the hope is that he’s still trying to do the show while people are starting to carry away the furniture from around him.

Yeah, that’s the daydream. The MicroMachines guy is there, too.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I've always imagined Jordon as cartoon cartwheeling around the room when he loses it, which is why I have always been pro-Jordan.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

FFT posted:

Especially in "mic down" moments where you can still hear him screaming from what sounds like the other end of the room

Ha! I've commented on that before. I imagine him running to the door way of the recording space, yelling, and then running back.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Oh, yeah, the eclipse. lol.

I am a water plant operator and work in a part of Kentucky that was in the path of totality of the 2017 eclipse. The state and federal governments were giving us similar warnings, but it was based on the large influx of people into a town or 3,000. My superintendent was convinced that the all the locals lodgings would fill up and everybody would just flush and shower within the same 3 hour period. The state's math had him convinced the standing tanks would run dry and the waste water plant would be overwhelmed in 48 hours.

Day of the eclipse, flow trends were normal at both drinking water and wastewater plants. Nobody got any lodgings or stayed more than a few hours. Bunch of out of state people drove in and then, using their GPS, lined all the highways and back roads like dumb fucks. Traffic was lovely until about dinner time and the cops had to run off people who thought they could set up tailgate parties in private yards.

The eclipse was cool, though. I had proper eye protection and it was super neat 2 minutes.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Pennsylvanian posted:

Once a year, Penn State has its Arts Festival that occupies a huge chunk of the downtown and campus areas, and every year, the sewers end up overflowing, and the water gets shut off to parts of the town. I worked as a cook and it was really frustrating, especially when the restaurants that never cleaned their grease traps ended up with a flood of the grossest smelling water all over the place.

That’s an excellent example. On the other end of the spectrum, I know that WKU’s on campus sewer plant has a hard time staying alive during the seasonal breaks.

The big problem with grease traps and restaurants is that they change managers so much. Most towns do have sewer discharge laws that have require grease trap pumping on a schedule, but as soon as you get somebody in comply, management turns over and they stop. It’s bonkers. I used to do compliance inspections and do not miss it.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
He was trying to channel Bill Cooper and Rush Limbaugh, back in the day.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
How many times do I have to bring up R Budd Dwyer? Narcissists control their own narrative to the bitter end. Jones will blow his brains out during an X Spaces stream before he actually acquiesces to the civil judgements.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Yeah, that’s why they martyr themselves. They want to go out in a melodramatic manner, crying about injustice and persecution, that accept consequences.

Let’s all hold hands for a moment and agree that Alex Jones dying in a drunk driving incident is the most likely resolution to all of this.

Every thing else is details.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Because you did ask for an example, once again R Budd Dwyer.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Yeah, IMHO, narcissists are natural solipsists. By killing himself, the narcissist believes he is annihilating existence. “gently caress me? No, gently caress you!” type thinking.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Narcissism isn't some extremely rare thing. It's in the DSM and you probably know people right now who have some of those qualities. I can totally see the martyr/romanticism of some of them killing themselves though. I just very very very very very rarely see it. (unfortunately)

Man, I wish. Narcissists can read a room.

Here’s some lunch hour reading: https://annals-general-psychiatry.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12991-022-00380-8 the abstract looks interesting

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Froghammer posted:

He's a drunk that loves pills and is comically overweight, so all signs poimt to heart attack

While operating a moving motor vehicle.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Exactly how much unilateral power do the civil courts have in the Fully Automated Communist Utopia, again?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
gently caress Alex Jones. I hate him. Also, though, gently caress giving the state and court the kind of power you wish to see exercised. Sorry.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

bird food bathtub posted:

That's kinda the rub though. They already have that power, they just only use it against poor and minorities.

We don’t disagree. I don’t see how depriving Jones of his rights fixes the injustice problem. That’s the rub.

Every thing is hosed, but you can’t unfuck it with more fuckery. That’s my argument.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
I also don't think anybody said that 'normal' people get the same kind of treatment from the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Malachite_Dragon posted:

If poor people got the same kid gloves treatment that the cheeto and chilimans are getting, we wouldn't be doing half as much bitching.

Yeah, let’s dwell on that actual problem rather than litigating our revenge fantasies.