Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

haljordan posted:

Do you think he cheaped out or no legit lawyer wanted to take his money

To give you an idea of the kind of lawyers he's down to at this point his previous lawyer recently posted a video of him doing stand up where he pulled down his pants and said the N word. They've been churning through lawyers constantly as new lawyers come in and learn from the previous exactly how hosed Alex is and that there's basically no possible defense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Alex's defense seems to be entirely based on giant posters that are immediately dismissed

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

haljordan posted:

Didn't Alex Jones in fact claim a bunch of times that nobody was actually killed

Frequently and up to very recently

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Revins posted:

reminder that some of the parents who lost children at sandy hook had to pack up and leave their community and change their identities because jones' followers wouldn't stop harassing them to the point of death threats

Also multiple parents had to have their children's bodies moved and put in unmarked graves so they could visit them without being harassed

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

It was HILLARY ALL ALONG!

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

red19fire posted:

They’re smiling like that was some Atticus Finch opening statement and this win is in the bag already.

E: also :goddamn: Jones is rotund.

What made me laugh was they said to eachother "Truth Wins"

They have their own catchphrase for the case they already lost

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Apparently Jones is live now on his show ranting about this all being a show trial concurrent to him getting wrecked in reality

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

This was more obvious when the police investigator was testifying yesterday but one of the biggest tells about Alex's lawyers (other than literally everything they do getting objected and thrown out) is they keep asking questions that they genuinely don't know how the witness is going to answer. If you are a lawyer you should never ask a question you don't already know the answer to.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Carwash oval office posted:

Reading Jon Ronson’s book Them, about global conspiracies, I was quite surprised that he met a young Alex Jones. They ended up sneaking into some kind of billionaire eyes wide shut style party in the woods.

My question: did Alex used to be cool, just a fun Art Bell style conspiracy fan?

It's important to look at how they both described the event. Ronson dressed like a preppie and walked in the front door to find a bunch of rich people having a somewhat boring party. Jones presented it that he had to do secret agent poo poo to sneak in and found people making sacrifices to satan.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

I don't understand, what is going on with this "personal injury lawyer" stuff?

Jones' defense has repeatedly called the other sides lawyers personal injury lawyers during their statements to try to make them seem shady

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Oh god these loving idiots

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I know everything he does blows up in his face but man did this line of questioning blow up in his face

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I knew exactly where this was going as soon as I heard the tone in the plaintiff's lawyers voice lol

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Hollismason posted:

Who is declaring bankruptcy?

Free Speech Systems, one of Alex's main companies

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Hollismason posted:

Yeah so what does this mean for the judgement?

It will probably slow things down a bit but Alex's attempts at juggling financial poo poo with bankruptcy has been going about as well as all his other cases so far so ultimately shouldn't change anything

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Lord Stimperor posted:

As a result I'm half inclined to believe him when he expresses that he feels like he is in a kangaroo court. His shithead Ideology aside he feels persecuted because he believes everyone acts like him.

It's also important to realize that anything that happens in court without him there he is absolutely not watching and is just being told what he wants to hear by his lawyers and sycophants. Alex never looks into anything, especially anything that could be bad for him. Anyone in this thread who has been watching the streams has a much clearer view of what is happening than he does.

Fentry fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jul 31, 2022

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

I can't imagine a more repulsive thing for loving Alex Jones' lawyers to quote as their finisher, jesus christ

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/johnvvariety/status/1554903743153537029

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

God, when you hear the parents testifying and all the circus of this nonsense fades away its goddamn devastating

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Looks like Alex pissed off an employee with access to his security cameras

https://twitter.com/DavidCovucci/status/1577478613732970497

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BshqsI2s0kI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

funeral home DJ posted:

If I’m making sense of that article correctly, it’s a loving white supremacist laying claim for the hack. Which is… loving weird? Thought those freaks loved Jones.

Also here’s hoping Jones drinks himself into a stupor and wakes up in a fiery cell with Reagan and Hitler by his side.

It seems to be one of the groypers who posted it, who are Nick Fuentes fans that are generally angry at Alex for not being explicitly anti-semitic enough. The file was titled Don't Spy on Your Employees.mp4 so decent chance someone at infowars leaked it rather than it being a hack. Alex still tries to court the groypers heavily and features Fuentes as much as he can but he doesn't seem to have great success at siphoning off from them or qanon types lately as a lot of them view Alex as too tame or bought off