Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

He's already declared bankruptcy and moved all his assets to shell corporations, good luck collecting anything

edit: never mind this plan apparently failed, good gently caress that guy

https://www.reuters.com/legal/litigation/alex-jones-infowars-agrees-dismiss-bankruptcy-2022-06-02/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Piell posted:

A livetweet thread from the host of Knowledge Fight (a podcast about the Alex Jones show) who is at the trial, for those who want to catch up with what has happened so far.
https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1551937579473420290

Edit:

This attempt already went down in flames, the courts saw through it

Yeah I just saw the story, good I hope he winds up homeless

The NRA tried the same thing and it was equally pathetic

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Last time I saw a video of Alex Jones it was him screaming at some teenage kid working at a city park who could not have given less of a gently caress lol. Pretty sure it was over a mask mandate.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

He's a bold man who pioneered the "I ate a bunch of chili and forgot" defense

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Revins posted:

p sure the last time I saw him on video was a clip where some random dude saw him in public and shouted "Hey gently caress you!!" at him and alex dropped everything he was doing to have his camera crew and entourage start following and trying to intimidate this dude like a big thick skinned man

Imagine seeing Alex Jones in public and NOT yelling gently caress you at him

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Should they be showing the jurors like that? Like I feel like that's a problem

Yeah usually the camera is set up so you never see any of the jury, that's odd

At least they were smart enough to disable YouTube comments lol

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Tree Dude posted:

$150,000,000 holy poo poo. That feels like a big swing but I hope they get it.

lol Jones' lawyer seeking a mistrial for reasons I didn't hear because they were going to break. Good effort.

Lmao they might as well ask for a bad court thingy. They already pissed off the judge by objecting within the first ten seconds of the opening statement.

Also mute those mics guys

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

it's impossible to overstate how incompetent jones' lawyers are. spectacular idiots. I could do better

Do you think he cheaped out or no legit lawyer wanted to take his money

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Judge is already furious lmao

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Seth Pecksniff posted:

imagine going through law school and wracking up all that debt and then taking Alex Jones as a client lol

Imagine going to law school lol

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Holy poo poo do they not know mics are on

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the holy poopacy posted:

27 hours seems like a lot of coverage. That's like 3 full length seasons of a syndicated half hour TV show, the combined runtime of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's phase 3 movies, two and a half runthroughs of Ken Burns's Civil War, or nearly a quarter of a Peter Jackson movie.

It's like 1000x more than fox news has committed to the J6 hearings

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

HE WAS SUSPICIOUS

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Please let this guy write out the DENNIS system

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

its all nice on rice posted:

It's wild to me that they were able to find people in Texas who could be unbiased jurors WRT Info Wars. I guess not everyone is as terminally online as us, though.

Yeah it's called lying

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Robo Reagan posted:

how much poo poo can the prosecution get away with? when they're showing video evidence can they sneak in jones ranting about gay frogs, as a treat?

Anything shown in court has to be approved ahead of time

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Didn't Alex Jones in fact claim a bunch of times that nobody was actually killed

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

drat that Adam Lanza guy sounds like a real dick

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

What a time to be alive.

NO loving GUM

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Tree Dude posted:

It's Daria time

Alex Jones is standing on her neck.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

red19fire posted:

Jones’ defense is basically ‘I’m just a journalist chasing the truth, I don’t have time to check everything, first amendment.’ The plaintiffs attorney is establishing that Jones ignored clear evidence that he was pushing lies, that infowars has a culture of cherry-picking facts to support a conclusion, using random emails to a tip email as ‘confirmed sources’, etc. He’s showing that it’s more than just a journalist making a one-time oopsie, it was a prolonged and malicious campaign.

He should've used the Fox News defense: "No person with an IQ above 50 would actually believe any of this"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Piell posted:

Yep, the strategy from Infowars has been the same the entire time, pretend you know nothing and ignore what the court orders as much as possible

https://twitter.com/gotobedjordan/status/1552342074975850496

Yeah even if a judgment is awarded, someone still has to collect that money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Unless you steal money from a client you ain't getting disbarred