Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

your honor im just a backass country lawyer. i mean i dont know poo poo about lawyering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Cable Guy posted:

Wait... wasn't there a thread by a goon that used to work with Joe Exotic a few years back. I'm sure there was.

Things from it I recall are meth use, bad accommodation, terrible travel arrangements and sub-standard food... but maybe it was a different animal abuser.

Yes.

He told a few stories and said more was coming but then he stopped, if I recall.

He said Joe went around with a gun all the time and he had a boyfriend with a colostomy bag who got it caught on a fence when he was chasing someone off the property. He also said they butchered cows with a chainsaw to feed the tigers. Joe Exotic also hired a bunch of undocumented immigrants.

The main story that I recall is that some of the workers staged a boxing match with a kangaroo. The kangaroo knocked the guy out and kept kicking him for a while and he said there was a lot of blood and it looked like the guy was dead. Joe Exotic came by and shot the kangaroo to death with his revolver.

Who knows if it was actually true?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

And ad for the documentary appeared on my Facebook feed and as you would expect on Facebook the comments were overwhelmingly "Alex Jones is right!" and "HBO is a leftist organization and they're trying to end free speech!"

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The first thing Alex Jones fan say whenever you criticize him is he predicted 9/11. I hear this so often, but I never bothered to look up what he actually said.

So, I finally looked into it out of curiosity and it was a bunch of vague claims about in some point in the future, terrorists will blow up buildings or set off "suitcase nukes" or chemical weapons or that there would be a false flag terrorist attack. Nothing specific whatsoever about 9/11 and when he did mention specific things, he was wrong. That's like if I said "In the future there will be a major baseball game and one team will win" and then claimed to accurately predict who won the world series in 2024.

I don't know why I was expecting something more. I continue to underestimate how dumb people are.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I guess what surprises me is that if he even said something like "terrorists will hijack a plane" or "there will be a major attack on a building in new york" it would still be incredibly dumb to call it a prediction, but he didn't even say anything that close!