Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

it's impossible to overstate how incompetent jones' lawyers are. spectacular idiots. I could do better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

haljordan posted:

Do you think he cheaped out or no legit lawyer wanted to take his money

He's using his usual stable of lawyers, who are all themselves criminals trying to grift alex

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

That DICK! posted:

alex jones as far as i can tell has pretty much nothing to lose from flagrantly violating all of the judge's requests so, she's in for a lovely trial i think

Pretty much yeah. He's already guilty, they're just deciding how much money he owes. And he's a crazy person who can't control himself

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

haljordan posted:

Didn't Alex Jones in fact claim a bunch of times that nobody was actually killed

Many many many times.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

this judge is a dick

Look at the assholes she's dealing with

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Where are the 33,000 sticks of Juicy Fruit, Killary?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

funeral home DJ posted:

I choose to believe he is doing it free because he hates Jones for being a little poo poo.

I think he said that.

The move with the gummy worm intimidation is so good.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I forgot this isn't a Knowledge Fight thread. The gummy worm thing he brings in a five pound bag of gummy worms to ostentatiously eat throughout the deposition. If the person being deposed asks for one he says he didn't bring enough to share.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Hollismason posted:

I thought Alex Jones already torpedoed this case in discovery and this was just the judgement trial? I am unclear I thought this was just going to be a summary judgement.

You are correct. His legal defense is just being crazy because they're Alex Jones' lawyers.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Confusedslight posted:

Did they say anywhere how long this break might be?

The lawyers are back on the livestream and I can see people talking, but it's muted and minimized. :argh:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

oh my god I hope one of the "experts" is dan

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/OiHarkin/status/1551998598522470401

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

loving Moron posted:

I hope he ends up going the Budd Dwyer route. Society doesn't need people like Alex Jones so gently caress him.

Bill Cooper at least committed to his bit and followed through.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

loving Moron posted:

I completely forgot about that militant conspiracy nut job. Wasn't it a cop that took him out? I want to say he did suicide by cop.

Yeah he died in a shootout with the cops over tax evasion or weapons charges or something appropriate, I forget which.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Lol at every Jones lawyer objection being slapped down immediately.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

BigglesSWE posted:

Who is Daria?

An InfoWars corporate person who seems to be a complete psycho given her deposition. Also possibly Alex's handler (Alex has previously said on air he's been in contact with Russian intelligence).

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

she also grew up in russia. how topical, given the last few years

Yeah caught me before my edit but Alex has said on air he's been in contact with Russian intelligence so it's not a joke that she could be his handler.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

And being fawningly pro-Russia is pretty much Alex's only consistent position.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

BigglesSWE posted:

Not to get into a slap fight about such things but he seems to be fiercely anti-vax and complained a lot about Trump not being as anti as he could have been.

This is why I used the "pretty much" qualifier. Guns and being anti-vax are consistent from the earliest eps, yeah. I'm not counting The Globalists since there's nothing consistent about his conspiracy poo poo even within a single episode.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Tree Dude posted:

This is the same reason I wouldn't count his religious beliefs because whatever brand of Christianity/Woo he believes swings wildly from day to day or faster.

I'm a fan of Cyber Satan.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Tree Dude posted:

I hope the person with the horrendous cough is wearing a mask but it's Texas so lol

Wild that there's not a single person in there with a mask, as I hide from in-house covid and can't leave my room without a respirator.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Zil posted:

Welcome to Texas baby.

When I go to the grocery store I am probably the only person who is wearing a mask besides the employees.

Oh yeah I never see anyone with a mask at the store or anything here either. But a tiny unventilated courtroom is nutty.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Deptfordx posted:

I know right. I like to imagine his lawyer was massively mugging at him and miming 'small' with his fingers and God help his narcissist brain he just couldn't stop himself boasting outrageously. What was it, a billion people regularly tune into Infowars or something of that order he was claiming.

10% of the world's population was his claim IIRC. Also all world leaders.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

lol i've never seen video of an ad pivot

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

"Why don't you tell me what the Illuminati is?"

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

haljordan posted:

He should've used the Fox News defense: "No person with an IQ above 50 would actually believe any of this"

They have used this defense before, actually.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

mojo1701a posted:

That was my impression with about half of the depositions.

Can't lie under oath if you legitimately don't know anything. :science:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

this is the Podcaster's Gambit, you could just read the same wiki they're reading but they're going to throw some sassy riffs on top of it as a middleman

read the same wiki, lol

It's a good podcast, give it a listen. Dan is legit probably the world expert on Alex at this point.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Judge about to take the Jones lawyer out behind the woodshed.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

spinst posted:

i like this judge

She has no time for these fuckwits and also no time to pretend otherwise, it's great

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

You've repeatedly punished us for not preparing our representatives, it's unfair to keep asking them questions that they're not prepared for since we decided not to prepare them

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I want to be clear for non-KF listeners that Alex once said (recently I think) that he was "researching in his mind" when he made some poo poo up

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

Is this lunatic Wolfgang guy infowars? Or just a nutjob that listens to them

He was a major source of "info" for Alex' Sandy Hook stuff and was on as an expert guest a number of times. Not an employee.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Three jurors just got whiplash from their first ad pivot experience

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Tree Dude posted:

This Alex Jones probably killed a guy.

Mark did ask him under oath if he killed a guy and he said he hadn't. Sadly.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Crazy Ted posted:

See, that's presuming he wouldn't be willing to perjure himself on a random question like that.

Fair, but Alex being all hat and no cattle is pretty believable.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

also the "Alex Jone almost killed a man thing" is basically true, he sucker punched a guy at a party and pounded his head into concrete and left the dude with brain damage

it's almost certainly why Alex was forced to move to Austin from Dallas when he was a teenager, though Alex blames this on him knowing the cops were all doing drugs or some poo poo.

This isn't the "technically probably killed a guy" story Alex told though.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Carwash oval office posted:

My question: did Alex used to be cool, just a fun Art Bell style conspiracy fan?

Not on Art's level, but the KF coverage of old Alex episodes shows that they were a lot more fun and light. He even let callers disagree with him and stuff and didn't flip out like a loser little titty baby.

He was always bad but he was a more functional human being in the early days.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Bobcats posted:

jesus christ what a vile gently caress. This became the modern Republican take on everything, right? I think I can hear it in the diction.

Yep. The entire Republican party is InfoWars now. Which is bad for Alex since he's now redundant--Tucker Carlson does exactly the same stuff Alex does, but doesn't look like a complete nutcase in the process so it's easier to swallow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Yeah I thought AJ was just a UFOs guy until I started listening to Knowledge Fight and discovered it's all about the Literal Christian Devil, not aliens (though Satan is possibly an alien?)