Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RATS!
Dec 23, 2008

Leadthumb posted:

battle animation tests

walking animations

some enemies

this looks sick dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

More games should go for a GB aesthetic

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Leadthumb posted:

battle animation tests

walking animations

some enemies

This rules

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Leadthumb posted:

battle animation tests

walking animations

some enemies

:blessed:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

battle animation tests

walking animations

some enemies

that looks really fuckin cool

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

holy poo poo that looks fantastic

This is all a personal attack to take over the project for myself, or so I've heard.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's actually super fun to work with 2-bit color, I had no Idea before I started working on this and now I basically stick to 4 shades in all my hobby stuff I love it lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Leadthumb posted:

battle animation tests

walking animations

some enemies

Love it

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

It makes everything a puzzle to draw because you are constantly scraping for contrast to trick the eye instead of just drawing the way you would with a million colors.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

This is all a personal attack to take over the project for myself, or so I've heard.

lol christ

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I would love to get to the point where I could make pixel sprites that look that good. Really amazing work

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Found a wip of the big bad in the title logo, I gotta go back and work on this project more even if it never sees the light of day.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I hooked up my old hard drive from my broken computer just to post these and I'm getting nostalgic lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

I would love to get to the point where I could make pixel sprites that look that good. Really amazing work

Thanks, I'm pretty proud of myself even though I'll probably just work retail forever. It's a fun hobby for sure.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Leadthumb posted:

battle animation tests

walking animations

some enemies

dude this is cool as hell, nice

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Leadthumb posted:

battle animation tests

walking animations

some enemies

this is so good dude

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Sub-Actuality posted:

the only game I've ever "finished" making was this buggy Newgrounds-y HTML5 + JS game that I put together as part of a class, it was my first Javascript project too. Incredibly simple "find and click the objects" type of thing that only really works on desktops. the music is obviously unauthorized and only works like half the time too lol

https://impzone.club/spy/

cool

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 95 days!
i want to look at and play leviathan tale

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Leadthumb posted:

battle animation tests

walking animations

some enemies

whoa

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

battle animation tests

walking animations

some enemies

badass. finish this.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

battle animation tests

walking animations

some enemies

those enemy sprites in particular are super cool, so much personality

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

croup coughfield posted:

i want to look at and play leviathan tale

:hai:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

We all agree the giant bear dog is the coolest one right

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I made Pong for the ps1 lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogLhtZd3jgY

can't remember why, I think I just found out a ps1 dev kit leaked and thought it would be cool to gently caress around with

theoretically should be playable on original hardware if burnt to a CD as long as you have some way to bypass the copy protection

game dev is neat but unfortunately I only have software development/programming skills and no ideas or website

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

mbt posted:

i found an ancient prototype i made a few years ago. its a card-based rpg that controls kind of like spacestation 13 with tick-based grid movement. also it was multiplayer

tmfc posted:

when i was a kid i used to make rpg maker "games" that were more like interactive stories because i didn't understand scripting or event triggers lol, i made one for my friend for his birthday that involved searching the map for chests with keys that would unlock a series of doors that led to a Blink 182 concert

Sub-Actuality posted:

the only game I've ever "finished" making was this buggy Newgrounds-y HTML5 + JS game that I put together as part of a class, it was my first Javascript project too. Incredibly simple "find and click the objects" type of thing that only really works on desktops. the music is obviously unauthorized and only works like half the time too lol

https://impzone.club/spy/
all this is awesome btw, I live for this poo poo
imp zone ftw

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Yes! Took like 5 tries to get over 1 mil because I kept accidentally ending early before finding all the security and bonus stuff lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

I like the long nosed fish goblin next to him and for some reason the jolly waving skeleton just below them. I like that guy's vibe

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

EmmyOk posted:

The dude riding the snake is cool as hell

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

they’re all good. personal fav is the skeleton knight wielding a gravestone shield

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Been looking for this forever. Man I should have repaired these drives forever ago.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

That was going to be a "tamagachi/kirby superstar: great cave offensive" type game where the way you evolve your little dude lets you explore different parts of the map or unlock different treasures/puzzles.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

Been looking for this forever. Man I should have repaired these drives forever ago.

Lol cool

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Leadthumb posted:

pissed chicken

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Leadthumb posted:

These rule

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

pissed chicken

That one was gonna lay eggs and then kick them at people.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

The branching is pretty clear for the first 4 rows but I didn't want it to be a mile wide so they go vertical after that it's kind of a mess. I think it is 72 final forms if I remember.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

My idea for the gargoyle was that during the day he's invincible but can barely move, so somewhere on the map there would be a long series of super elaborate deathtraps that no other character can get through. But he can barely move so you only you are just inching your way through these traps that keep getting more and more ridiculous even though you'd never see them at all unless you were invincible so they are pointless. And while you are laughing you realize that the real puzzle is getting through it before the sun goes down lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
love your work

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol I’d play that

Leadthumb posted:

:ocelot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

The file says created march, 2011. gently caress man, old dreams don't die, I love video games.