Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

the moai made me lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Me and my friends made a game where you kill mutants by skateboarding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBHNp2yADg0

We made it in 72 hours for the 2021 Toronto Game Jam. I think it came out pretty cool. I edited the trailer and voice the announcer.

You can play it here for free. We're planning to release a browser-based HTML5 version soon as well.

It got played on the first night of the Tojam minicade, along with some other neat jam games.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

The file says created march, 2011. gently caress man, old dreams don't die, I love video games.

never be game over

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Plebian Parasite posted:

the moai made me lol

This, that's the one I first think of when I remember this. That and the big frog.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

absolutely anything posted:

We made it in 72 hours for the 2021 Toronto Game Jam. I think it came out pretty cool. I edited the trailer and voice the announcer.

You can play it here for free. We're planning to release a browser-based HTML5 version soon as well.

It got played on the first night of the Tojam minicade, along with some other neat jam games.

lmao noooooooo not again!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

holy poo poo that looks fantastic

runod posted:

this looks sick dude

herculon posted:

This rules

Fungah! posted:

that looks really fuckin cool

runod posted:

this looks sick dude

Sub-Actuality posted:

I would love to get to the point where I could make pixel sprites that look that good. Really amazing work

extremebuff posted:

dude this is cool as hell, nice

EmmyOk posted:

this is so good dude

croup coughfield posted:

i want to look at and play leviathan tale

mbt posted:

badass. finish this.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

those enemy sprites in particular are super cool, so much personality

Plebian Parasite posted:

the moai made me lol

Thank you imp zone.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

Been looking for this forever. Man I should have repaired these drives forever ago.

lmao this looks badass

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

Been looking for this forever. Man I should have repaired these drives forever ago.

that giant frog whips rear end

These just have so much character and personality

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

that Moai head one is haunting me. So good lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

all this stuff looks sick as hell and spy is a lot of fun to play this rules

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sub-Actuality posted:

they’re all good. personal fav is the skeleton knight wielding a gravestone shield

same same

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

the only game I've ever "finished" making was this buggy Newgrounds-y HTML5 + JS game that I put together as part of a class, it was my first Javascript project too. Incredibly simple "find and click the objects" type of thing that only really works on desktops. the music is obviously unauthorized and only works like half the time too lol

https://impzone.club/spy/

Dude this kicks rear end.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
Creative types in imp zone == win

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I've been thinking about spy, and how if there was a 3D version where you have to rotate the building around to be able to see things that only show up at the right angle like you really gotta root around for stuff, and there's different buildings like a haunted house and a lab or something, and while you're zoomin around with your little view you run into something rare once in a while that catches you off guard like in warioware *takes a deep breath* I would play the poo poo outta that.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

I've been thinking about spy, and how if there was a 3D version where you have to rotate the building around to be able to see things that only show up at the right angle like you really gotta root around for stuff, and there's different buildings like a haunted house and a lab or something, and while you're zoomin around with your little view you run into something rare once in a while that catches you off guard like in warioware *takes a deep breath* I would play the poo poo outta that.

lol I would too

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i made hollow knight

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

cool game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fuuuu beat me by 60000 points

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

maybe I'll expand on this thing some day, I only had two weeks to put this together so it was pretty rushed. but I like these ideas a lot. wouldn't even know where to start with 3D game development though lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

beat my score, imps. I bet someone can

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

I got the tude now posted:

Creative types in imp zone == win

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

elf help book posted:

i made hollow knight

400 death threats about the Silksong release date immediately unleashed at your inbox

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Leadthumb posted:

battle animation tests

walking animations

some enemies

Leadthumb posted:

wow

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

newly obsessed with the big goblin’s head and how much depth & expression it has

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Leadthumb posted:

lol'd irl at the moai head

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

newly obsessed with the big goblin’s head and how much depth & expression it has

Made me notice the two errant pixels by the mouth. Driving me nuts cause I cant fix it till i'm off work lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Just noticed the pirate had two peg legs, don't remember that at all lmao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i like this guy

copy
Jul 26, 2007

just realized the moai is an evolution of the previous rock guys and now loling again thinking about it. owns.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Leadthumb, tell your dumbass HS friend to get their poo poo together because this stuff is really good

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

or ditch them and ill do it

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
here are some sprites i did for one of the doom mods where i actually drew them myself instead of frankensteining other people's sprites together or doing makeshift renders of ripped 3d models. you know those little figurines from doom 2016? these are basically that. there's a halo man because the xbox bethesda buyout was happening at the time.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mbt posted:

yeah same honestly lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

The Kins posted:

here are some sprites i did for one of the doom mods where i actually drew them myself instead of frankensteining other people's sprites together or doing makeshift renders of ripped 3d models. you know those little figurines from doom 2016? these are basically that. there's a halo man because the xbox bethesda buyout was happening at the time.

lol those look great

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Kins posted:

Very cute

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

Leadthumb, tell your dumbass HS friend to get their poo poo together because this stuff is really good

mbt posted:

Well, I think they are still working on it and I could probably still help. I just know now not to get too committed.

If I was gonna go hardcore on something again, I'd rather work on one of my *~dream games~* lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Speaking of, I guess when I hooked up my old stuff one of them was set up as a stripe and tried to pair with my other drive and blew it away, radical.

edit: false alarm haha! I didn't almost have a heart attack.

Leadthumb fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

Speaking of, I guess when I hooked up my old stuff one of them was set up as a stripe and tried to pair with my other drive and blew it away, radical.

edit: false alarm haha! I didn't almost have a heart attack.

saved at the last second by imp magic... close one