Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

mbt posted:

this is sepa, gods of centipedes and protector of the dead

:D

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mbt posted:

hired a guy to make me some sprites. this one is ptah egyptian god of craftsmen

mbt posted:

Badass

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

mbt posted:

sick

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mbt posted:

mbt posted:

very sick. keep it up

----------------

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 95 days!

mbt posted:

mbt posted:

very cool

----------------

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mbt posted:

sick

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

mbt posted:

mbt posted:

Very cool.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

mbt posted:

Sick! Love the colors, and the nostril smoke lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

re-animating this thread because i'm working on this abandonded project. I'm gonna complete this art set to the point where someone could make a game with it to pad out my portfolio.

jumped right in where I left off with battle animations, here's the wizard, and previous characters for reference:

i feel like it fits right in for not having worked on this for over a year.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

also mbt how did yours shake out?

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
exciting new version of Tromi is in the works. a variable speed curve that will appeal to beginners and experts alike by adapting to to the player's skill...less volatile grading...clearer stats during replays...a brand new, never before heard soundtrack by the composer of some of the greatest game soundtracks ever made...all of this and maybe more if i can think of more stuff to add between now and release. and it will remain free for everyone forever of course. coming this March i hope. please be excited

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

mycophobia posted:

exciting new version of Tromi is in the works. a variable speed curve that will appeal to beginners and experts alike by adapting to to the player's skill...less volatile grading...clearer stats during replays...a brand new, never before heard soundtrack by the composer of some of the greatest game soundtracks ever made...all of this and maybe more if i can think of more stuff to add between now and release. and it will remain free for everyone forever of course. coming this March i hope. please be excited

I'm hyped

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mycophobia posted:

cool

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

mycophobia posted:

Looking forward to it

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

mycophobia posted:

get there

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

mycophobia posted:

hell yeah

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

re-animating this thread because i'm working on this abandonded project. I'm gonna complete this art set to the point where someone could make a game with it to pad out my portfolio.

jumped right in where I left off with battle animations, here's the wizard, and previous characters for reference:

i feel like it fits right in for not having worked on this for over a year.

Hell yeah dude. What kind of game are you thinking?

For my stuff my artist got a longer term deal going and none of the other artists I tried got close to that quality. I got discouraged and swapped to a 2d-hd game with a lot lower barrier of entry (to me). I'll post it here when I'm a bit farther.

I did writing for a friend's game and went to gdc last year which was a childhood dream come true. Now I'm giving a seminar on morrowind scripting and quest design tomorrow lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

mbt posted:

Hell yeah dude. What kind of game are you thinking?

For my stuff my artist got a longer term deal going and none of the other artists I tried got close to that quality. I got discouraged and swapped to a 2d-hd game with a lot lower barrier of entry (to me). I'll post it here when I'm a bit farther.

I did writing for a friend's game and went to gdc last year which was a childhood dream come true. Now I'm giving a seminar on morrowind scripting and quest design tomorrow lol

Just a simple rpg like dragon quest or something. I'm just gonna make finish the battle animation for a 4th character and maybe some spell effects, the main thing I want to do is make about 4 or 5 tile sets with accompanying enemies/npcs. UI stuff will be simple too, just to make a package that someone could sit down and easily make a little game boy rpg with.

Bummer to hear about that setback, cool to hear you are switching gears rather than giving up. Teaching people about morrowind sounds cool lol

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

mbt posted:

That kicks rear end! You're living the dream, man. I'm still kicking myself for not doing the GDC assistant program they had when I was in high school.

Contributing to the thread, I just got done with my current project. It took a lot longer than anticipated, but I finally finished the demo for Citizen Kane 64!
The page for it isn't exactly done but the demo itself is the (hopefully) final build.
Hope it lived up to your expectations!

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2786830/Epstein/

good to see some innovation in gaming

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It would be good to see a bullet in your fat stupid head. Play my game or die bitch

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

shut the gently caress up!! bitch!!!!!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
[imps earnestly posting cool poo poo theyre making]

never posted in imp zone guy: you seen this? Pussy 3 now on kick starter

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
For quick 3d asset creation Id suggest you look into asset forge by Kenney, it's a cheap tool with prefab meshes that you can stick together to make models quickly. Great for prototyping or if you dig the artstyle.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

It would be good to see a bullet in your fat stupid head. Play my game or die bitch

Lol

STFU. Buy it.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

absolutely anything posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Buy my crap, 100% it, play new game+ 100%, and then make like a tree and fall over where no one hears it, pussy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

SUPPORT 🙏 THE 🙏 DEVS 🙏 SCUMBAG.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Wormskull posted:

SUPPORT 🙏 THE 🙏 DEVS 🙏 SCUMBAG.
sorry for telling the epic epstein meme guy to play my game. i hope you can forgive me

anyway, at least check out the cool trailer my artist made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM6W7wPEVwY

We put genuine effort into making something fun instead of just being a quick gimmick, so I think if you liked the stuff in that goldmined thread about it last year you'll like the finished version.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

sorry for telling the epic epstein meme guy to play my game. i hope you can forgive me

anyway, at least check out the cool trailer my artist made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM6W7wPEVwY

We put genuine effort into making something fun instead of just being a quick gimmick, so I think if you liked the stuff in that goldmined thread about it last year you'll like the finished version.
I liked the post, man, for however little I care about your game. I’m just riffing cuz I liked the idea. Cheers. Don’t take it personally.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Guy named Hitlersaurus Christ coming in here and telling some whack lurker to play his game or die … up north we call that moxie.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
love when people say stuff like, "Refer to the goldmine for my previous work" like they're submitting a cover letter for me as to why i should bother reading their post + clicking their link etc

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

insane anime posted:

love when people say stuff like, "Refer to the goldmine for my previous work" like they're submitting a cover letter for me as to why i should bother reading their post + clicking their link etc

lol