Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

The Kins posted:

here are some sprites i did for one of the doom mods where i actually drew them myself instead of frankensteining other people's sprites together or doing makeshift renders of ripped 3d models. you know those little figurines from doom 2016? these are basically that. there's a halo man because the xbox bethesda buyout was happening at the time.

Great job, especially the color palette and shading. I bet they look totally at home in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Like 20+ years ago I kept a text file with a bunch of design ideas for a game where'd I'd take the roguelike concept of the "bones file" and expand on it in a way where each run let you make some kind of permanently unlocked meta progress for subsequent games. I never did anything with it but lots of other people had the same idea and made hundreds of complete dogshit indie turds.

The only thing I've ever actually made is a BASIC text adventure game my mom was very proud of.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I thought this thread would be a joke thread but it turns out every imp is incredibly talented

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

mbt posted:

smt2 style character sprites.

Made these today, is this anything?

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

fuckin cool

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

that second one is great

this is my go-to reference, all of this guys stuff is spot on

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i really like that Amaterasu

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Leadthumb posted:

you are rly good at this

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

mbt posted:

that second one is great

The second one was kind of a joke cause I used raising the flag on iwo jima as a reference lol

I got a few more ideas to try when I get time.
These are good for getting out of my comfort zone.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

JOHN CENA posted:

you are rly good at this

Thanks!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

You're awesome Leadthumb!

Leadthumb posted:

The second one was kind of a joke cause I used raising the flag on iwo jima as a reference lol

imps raising the flag after defeating games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Leadthumb posted:

Awesome dude

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

absolutely anything posted:

Me and my friends made a game where you kill mutants by skateboarding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBHNp2yADg0

We made it in 72 hours for the 2021 Toronto Game Jam. I think it came out pretty cool. I edited the trailer and voice the announcer.

You can play it here for free. We're planning to release a browser-based HTML5 version soon as well.

It got played on the first night of the Tojam minicade, along with some other neat jam games.

Lmfao

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Leadthumb jizzes out ltitle wads of Coom that have more talent in them than the majority of Gamers. GOod job;

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Little stain of retarded seminal fluid casted out with the flick of the wrist on the under sheet of your Chicago Bears comforter could very will be a 60 hour+ monster tamer game crafted by Leadthumb on a version of earth 2000 years after the Great Wizarding Collapse II where wild magick imbues in the most mundane things and a kid in a baseball cap with a yoyo and gravity board (skateboard, but instead of technology its anti - gravity magic) harnesses the spirits of the great sages and breeds monsters that will bring back love and conquer evil.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

insane anime posted:

Little stain of retarded seminal fluid casted out with the flick of the wrist on the under sheet of your Chicago Bears comforter could very will be a 60 hour+ monster tamer game crafted by Leadthumb on a version of earth 2000 years after the Great Wizarding Collapse II where wild magick imbues in the most mundane things and a kid in a baseball cap with a yoyo and gravity board (skateboard, but instead of technology its anti - gravity magic) harnesses the spirits of the great sages and breeds monsters that will bring back love and conquer evil.

lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

insane anime posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

Lmao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

insane anime posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

insane anime posted:

holy poo poo lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Leadthumb posted:

I got a few more ideas to try when I get time.
These are good for getting out of my comfort zone.

Yeah it's very recognizable and a great gag lol. Love the guy's little potbelly too

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

insane anime posted:

lmao

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

insane anime posted:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

insane anime posted:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

insane anime posted:

lmfao god drat

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

insane anime posted:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

insane anime posted:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

insane anime posted:

lol but also been saying this, nice work leadthumb

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Giant eater

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

Giant eater

incredible

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

Giant eater

god drat dude

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Leadthumb posted:

Giant eater

mbt posted:

incredible

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

Giant eater

lmao cool, reminds me of a lot f breath of fire 3 sprite work, its got a lot of charm and a little story built in

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Leadthumb posted:

Giant eater

sickness: 100%

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

Giant eater

jesus

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

What game is Leadthumb’s savage art in? I crave it.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

Giant eater

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/321492877324713984/1004759005975035974/2022-08-04_10-33-16-1.webm

did a quick mockup and added a custom animation/death for it

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

Giant eater

:slick:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Oh cool! Always neat to see how subtly different something looks in-engine.

I didn't know they were animated, what's the sort of animation template they characters share? Is it all handled in code or do they have unique frames for like hurt/dead or whatever?
Or do you just mean the attack effects?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

Oh cool! Always neat to see how subtly different something looks in-engine.

I didn't know they were animated, what's the sort of animation template they characters share? Is it all handled in code or do they have unique frames for like hurt/dead or whatever?
Or do you just mean the attack effects?

back in front of my computer so I can explain better

godot's animation system lets you modulate any variable with time. whether this is idle frames, size, scale, color, position etc

I made a set of basic idles that are like vstretch (which is this) hstretch, spinning, floating etc to give a bit of movement to things that are currently just flat sprites. the plan is to have some idles/attack frames, which is also easy using this same system. Every monster is a json entry, i write what the base/attack/idle frames are named, and what animation to play and it does the rest. the end goal is having something that anyone could add or change with no barrier of entry. if you wanted to rip every ff6 sprite and turn those into bosses or whatever you could.

attack animations like the teeth one work in a similar way using godot animations, that's a series of frames playing with trigger signals for damage. the shattered death animation is a particle emitter that explodes random chunks of the sprite