Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

*Finds a Hard Drive*
"It's like a weird SSD"

Technically correct I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Based on the number of 1's and 0's visible, the binary looks like the it is not exactly a one-to-one match to some 4 digit base-10 number that would open the safe. There is too many binary digits such that the base-10 number is astronomical which is unfortunate since, outside of meeting the right robot, there is no organic way of solving the safe's password. I assume the binary is some cipher that relates to the indecipherable robot language that is at the top of the paper.

Meander
Apr 1, 2010

I’m glad that Gordon has some friends now, but he must be hungry, poor kitty.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Bremen posted:

*Finds a Hard Drive*
"It's like a weird SSD"

Technically correct I guess.
It's more spot on that it has any right to be, given that most SSDs act like early 1990s harddrives - they use a type of firmware called a Flash Translation Layer, which has the job of converting row+cell information of the non-volatile integrated circuits into something resembling logically addressable blocks.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

It's more spot on that it has any right to be, given that most SSDs act like early 1990s harddrives - they use a type of firmware called a Flash Translation Layer, which has the job of converting row+cell information of the non-volatile integrated circuits into something resembling logically addressable blocks.

Yes uhh

This is exactly what I was getting at.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I do find it interesting that Gordon, as a cat, has the human-level intelligence to understand the robots. And the robots know that Gordon is called a "cat", and they expect Gordon to understand their means of communication, at the very least understand the translation. I wonder if it is something special to cats or just Gordon, though given the context that humans have modified plants to have minimal sunlight to thrive, having humans genetically modify cats into human-level intellect seems plausible.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Cats know now. They've always known. They've always and forever have been more intelligent than us. They only needed to show it after we, their servants, left. :tinfoil:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The little robot's voice has been bugging me forever, I finally figured out it's because it sounds like E. Gadd. I assume he was somehow behind all this the whole time.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Slaan posted:

Cats know now. They've always known. They've always and forever have been more intelligent than us. They only needed to show it after we, their servants, left. :tinfoil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCmS27Dj4xc

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Flair posted:

I do find it interesting that Gordon, as a cat, has the human-level intelligence to understand the robots. And the robots know that Gordon is called a "cat", and they expect Gordon to understand their means of communication, at the very least understand the translation. I wonder if it is something special to cats or just Gordon, though given the context that humans have modified plants to have minimal sunlight to thrive, having humans genetically modify cats into human-level intellect seems plausible.

Add to that the superhuman healing factor shown. Neither the deep fall or those bloodsucking one-eyes kept him down for long.

Gordon and his clan are probably the resident apex predators outside the city. :pseudo:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Yeah I don't know if Gordon is a super cat.

But what I do know is that he is a good cat.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Natural 20 posted:

Yeah I don't know if Gordon is a super cat.

But what I do know is that he is a good cat.

Another thing to note, besides the intelligence and healing factor, Gordon has not needed to eat anything despite doing some long sprints and high jumps.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

A reminder that I am bad at figuring out where I am with a map.

And exceedingly bad if I don't have one.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

There's no map in this game, but the slums is the only area that's really difficult to navigate, and you can get onto the roofs to orient yourself there.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Elliot is probably the geek you'd be able to get to interpret the binary.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Hey guys, I'm really sorry, there's going to be a delay on this episode until I'm less tilted by Bloodborne.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

And now back to our regularly scheduled cat.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Man I'm glad none of my cats ever had access to energy weapons.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I'm gonna drop a general post to say I'm enjoying this LP, I just don't really have much to comment about it.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Carbon dioxide posted:

I'm gonna drop a general post to say I'm enjoying this LP, I just don't really have much to comment about it.
:same:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Carbon dioxide posted:

not an emptyquote

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Carbon dioxide posted:

:same:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
I just want to say.

Thank you so much for watching.

I've tried to make Stray a more pensive and introspective experience because I feel it suits the game and its new release.

I fear strongly that absent the constant bickering I have with Tea that people will find it boring.

So it's really nice to see you guys post and know that I have an audience with this.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Good game, good introspection, good robot hugs

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

It's a good game, it's very different from what I expected based on the hook of playing as a stray cat (though a lot of the fun touches are there) and I think the video style works well with it.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I'm making a cameo in this thread because of the name. Also this game owns.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
This lp is good and I want to see more like it.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's a good game, it's very different from what I expected based on the hook of playing as a stray cat (though a lot of the fun touches are there) and I think the video style works well with it.
Come to think of it - since we probably never met a human even in backstory, wouldn't the term be "feral"?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Add me to the list of silent viewers. Gordon is a good cat. And this is a good game. Your regular LPs are great but something more chill is also nice.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Natural 20 posted:

I just want to say.

Thank you so much for watching.

I've tried to make Stray a more pensive and introspective experience because I feel it suits the game and its new release.

I fear strongly that absent the constant bickering I have with Tea that people will find it boring.

So it's really nice to see you guys post and know that I have an audience with this.

The lack of bickering and the actual focus on the game, make this a much better LP to be honest.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

Same.

Xander77 posted:

Come to think of it - since we probably never met a human even in backstory, wouldn't the term be "feral"?

Technically yes, but I think in some parlances 'feral' comes with the connotation of the animal being aggressive, striking at people, stuff like that. A stray on the other hand may be perceived as being more likely to be friendly, pettable, stuff like that.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

It's kinda weird that Momo talks to you during the sewer section but B12 doesn't translate him. Feels like a bug but I don't know if it actually is.

When you load the game you can go to past chapters so you don't really have to worry about points of no return, at least.

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
This game really does help demonstrate the lengths to which any cat will go to in order to reach 'outside' when they are not otherwise allowed to go outside.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

EricFate posted:

This game really does help demonstrate the lengths to which any cat will go to in order to reach 'outside' when they are not otherwise allowed to go outside.

The ending is just a loop of a robot holding the door open while Gordon looks disinterested.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Tenebrais posted:

I
When you load the game you can go to past chapters so you don't really have to worry about points of no return, at least.

Huh. I didn't know that. I never got all the stuff out of the slums. Good to know I can correct that at some point.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
7:00 Gordon can now spontaneously phase through robots. Truly, great power comes with great responsibility.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Flair posted:

7:00 Gordon can now spontaneously phase through robots. Truly, great power comes with great responsibility.

phasing through stuff is just a normal cat thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Owing to a problem of OBS seemingly just randomly loving with my settings there will be no Stray episode today because it didn't record any sound.