Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
nothing beats old bay besides hot old bay. post ur main spices byob

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

I miss old bay. It seems to be everywhere in Maryland but I can't find a single diner in California that has it alongside the salt and pepper.

If I could pick between bringing Waffle House or Old Bay to California, I'd go with the latter.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
sazoning
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/268797/sazon/

ajika
https://www.traderjoes.com/home/products/pdp/ajika-georgian-seasoning-blend-068324

sb hermit

If vegemite were a spice, I'd post it. But it's a spread, so I'll just have to refrain.

Manifisto

cumin, smoked paprika, black pepper

I use lots of others but those are p important

cardamom is an outstanding warm spice but there are other good ones too

msg may not be a spice but its real good, mm umami

ty nesamdoom!

Areola Grande

Manifisto posted:

cumin, smoked paprika, black pepper

I use lots of others but those are p important

cardamom is an outstanding warm spice but there are other good ones too

msg may not be a spice but its real good, mm umami

smoked paprika goes fast in my house. so much better than the plain stuff

Areola Grande

I have a fancy spice rack make by my dad which I shall part y soon. let's see some racks already

sb hermit

I just have a very crowded cupboard of very small bottles. My roommate has taken up the counter space below it with restaurant kitchen size salt, pepper, etc etc and putting me to eternal shame

I dunno if I even have room for a spice rack

Areola Grande

my roommates have depleted my stores of late

what's left is all dusty but there u go

frump truck

hello... again!

hot old bay was my nickname in high school

frump truck

hello... again!

hot old bae

sb hermit

Areola Grande posted:

my roommates have depleted my stores of late

what's left is all dusty but there u go

I have had good luck to only have had one or two bad roommates that disappeared after we cut ties.

One very good roommate was very fastidious, though. She, with my permission, went through my entire spice cabinet and threw out everything that was expired (and put expiration dates on stuff whose expiration couldn't be divined). Funny thing, is that a lot of those spices were inherited from a former roommate that moved out when he got married, and they were many many years overdue.

I still made only one dish that requires cream of tartar. I don't know why I have two bottles of it. I can't even remember the name of the dish, for the life of me.

Areola Grande

sb hermit posted:

I have had good luck to only have had one or two bad roommates that disappeared after we cut ties.

One very good roommate was very fastidious, though. She, with my permission, went through my entire spice cabinet and threw out everything that was expired (and put expiration dates on stuff whose expiration couldn't be divined). Funny thing, is that a lot of those spices were inherited from a former roommate that moved out when he got married, and they were many many years overdue.

I still made only one dish that requires cream of tartar. I don't know why I have two bottles of it. I can't even remember the name of the dish, for the life of me.

I have allspice and celery seed but recipes almost never call for them. perhaps they shall fossilize someday

xcheopis

Areola Grande posted:

I have allspice and celery seed but recipes almost never call for them. perhaps they shall fossilize someday

Sprinkle allspice on ice cream or hot pie. Also does well in chilli.

Areola Grande

xcheopis posted:

Sprinkle allspice on ice cream or hot pie. Also does well in chilli.

woah

Areola Grande

what about the celery seed

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Areola Grande posted:

Future archeologists will find my jar of caraway.

xcheopis

Areola Grande posted:

Good for savoury dishes. Also soups and stews!

Areola Grande

Buttchocks posted:

Future archeologists will find my jar of caraway.

I hope they don't get too caraway'd

Areola Grande

xcheopis posted:

Good for savoury dishes. Also soups and stews!

just dash it over some beef stew? I might do that

celery seed owns :regd10:

xcheopis

Areola Grande posted:

just dash it over some beef stew? I might do that

celery seed owns :regd10:

You can put it in the stew as it simmers.

Areola Grande

sb hermit posted:

I miss old bay. It seems to be everywhere in Maryland but I can't find a single diner in California that has it alongside the salt and pepper.

If I could pick between bringing Waffle House or Old Bay to California, I'd go with the latter.

this is probably because old bay is mostly sodium and in my experience Californians tend 2 go with a Mediterranean diet which keeps them bronzed and annoying but with medium blood pressure somehow

xcheopis

Areola Grande posted:

this is probably because old bay is mostly sodium and in my experience Californians tend 2 go with a Mediterranean diet which keeps them bronzed and annoying but with medium blood pressure somehow

We get our sodium from Mexican and Chinese food, which are tastier than Old Bay.

Areola Grande

xcheopis posted:

We get our sodium from Mexican and Chinese food, which are tastier than Old Bay.

:jail2: simmer down now

Areola Grande

figuratively that is

xcheopis

I will die on this hill, bleeding salsa and soy sauce.

Areola Grande

weird post. no comprende ese :ese:

Ohtori Akio
i make a lot of curry so my standards are just cumin seed, fennel seed, curry powder (im lazy)

ive got black pepper too because duh

gomashio isnt really a spice but its a killer lil topping

sb hermit

Areola Grande posted:

I can remember the only time I needed celery seed for. And that was for coleslaw.

sb hermit

xcheopis posted:

I agree that it's the same sources for me, but my soul aches for old bay.

Mainly because I don't ever get to eat shellfish unless I somehow end up on the east coast.

I hear they even serve lobster rolls at McDonalds in Maine! Must be a common delicacy up there, like spam musubi at a 7-11 in hawaii.

Some of the best food I ever had in Hawaii was at a 7-11.

sb hermit

Also, I have not been able to find jerk spice. I hear it goes well with chicken!

GoutPatrol

*Stupid Babby*

sb hermit posted:

Also, I have not been able to find jerk spice. I hear it goes well with chicken!

Did you call the jerk store?

sb hermit

GoutPatrol posted:

Did you call the jerk store?

:rimshot:

biosterous

spice posts must flow

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

google THIS

:hellyeah:

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

big fan of the tony chachere's with no salt. most seasoning blends are all salt, but this one actually has flavor and spices and stuff!!

i also get some stuff from the international market called 'soujouk seasoning' and i have no idea what is in it but its really good on meats etc.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

google THIS

I have a shaker of everything bagel seasoning. I haven't quite figured out what other flavors it would complement so I usually just end up sprinkling it on an actual everything bagel to make it even more everything bagel-y and it's amazing

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

that is obviously not a spice

reported

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i always get my spice from the asian import shops. i know poor fools who buy inferior spice for several times the price at super markets smh

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

this is a need not a want