Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sb hermit

I miss old bay. It seems to be everywhere in Maryland but I can't find a single diner in California that has it alongside the salt and pepper.

If I could pick between bringing Waffle House or Old Bay to California, I'd go with the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

If vegemite were a spice, I'd post it. But it's a spread, so I'll just have to refrain.

sb hermit

I just have a very crowded cupboard of very small bottles. My roommate has taken up the counter space below it with restaurant kitchen size salt, pepper, etc etc and putting me to eternal shame

I dunno if I even have room for a spice rack

sb hermit

Areola Grande posted:

my roommates have depleted my stores of late

what's left is all dusty but there u go

I have had good luck to only have had one or two bad roommates that disappeared after we cut ties.

One very good roommate was very fastidious, though. She, with my permission, went through my entire spice cabinet and threw out everything that was expired (and put expiration dates on stuff whose expiration couldn't be divined). Funny thing, is that a lot of those spices were inherited from a former roommate that moved out when he got married, and they were many many years overdue.

I still made only one dish that requires cream of tartar. I don't know why I have two bottles of it. I can't even remember the name of the dish, for the life of me.

sb hermit

Areola Grande posted:

what about the celery seed

I can remember the only time I needed celery seed for. And that was for coleslaw.

sb hermit

xcheopis posted:

We get our sodium from Mexican and Chinese food, which are tastier than Old Bay.

I agree that it's the same sources for me, but my soul aches for old bay.

Mainly because I don't ever get to eat shellfish unless I somehow end up on the east coast.

I hear they even serve lobster rolls at McDonalds in Maine! Must be a common delicacy up there, like spam musubi at a 7-11 in hawaii.

Some of the best food I ever had in Hawaii was at a 7-11.

sb hermit

Also, I have not been able to find jerk spice. I hear it goes well with chicken!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

GoutPatrol posted:

Did you call the jerk store?

:rimshot: