Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The Premier League is back for the 31st season, starting almost a month earlier than usual. This season is unique in that there will be a winter break for the 2022 World Cup, following the round of games played on 12th November and getting back underway on Boxing Day.

Here is your roster for 2022 - 2023:

Two-time UEFA Champions League winners Nottingham Forest finally return to the elite for the first time since 1999. They've certainly splashed the cash this summer, but will it pay off or will they self-destruct and disappear for another 20+ years? They have a tough start to their campaign with a trip to St. James Park to take on Newcastle who will be aiming high this year after a impressive resurgence under Eddie Howe in the latter half of last season. Bournemouth and Fulham also got promoted but no-one gives a gently caress about them so whatever.

Here are the fixtures for August:

Matchday 1

Matchday 2

Matchday 3

Matchday 4

Matchday 5

Who is winning the league this year (it's Manchester City)? Who makes top 4? Who is going down? Top scorer? Give your predictions and at the end of the season, whoever made the most accurate prediction will get absolutely nothing.

Frankston fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jul 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's only been about 2 weeks since the season finished but my body is refreshed and ready

Leeds have invested the Raphinha and Phillips money well (in the sense that they've signed some players so we don't have to put toddlers on the bench any more to make up the numbers). They've looked alright in preseason, no one really knows what the marsch system looks like in a competitive fixture so can't really be sure whether this season will be an improvement. Guardian predictions had us down as finishing 18th which seems harsh. Id say 14th, 15th maybe.

The relegation scrap is getting more and more difficult to call every season, you could realistically make an argument for any side who finished in the bottom half last year going down. Think this might be the year for one of Villa or Southampton to get dragged into it, both fell off at the end of last season. Everton still look unconvincing, Leeds could go either way, Brentford might have a second season slump. It's going to be a run of wins at the start or end of the season that decides it probably.

Winners: City again, although Liverpool will probably benefit from the midseason break

Top goalscorer: if it's not big Erling with 40 goals hes a fraud and I never rated him

Top 4 trophy: Arsenal. the wheels have already started coming off at chelsea and pooshited are still rebuilding

Relegated teams: Bournemouth definitely, then throw a dart at a board for the other two. Fulham and Southampton? Idk. Not Leeds though

Bold predictions: Palace will qualify for Europe. Jarrod Bowen will go to Qatar. Someone's going to score the winner against England in the final and be sold in the January window. Erik ten hag will not make it to the end of the season

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

It's a shame Watford got relegated because it means it's harder to guess which manager will be sacked first

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Oh yeah that reminds me get your guesses in for the 22/23 Sack Race if you haven't already. Prizes to be had

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Gabriel Jesus currently has a hat trick against Seville. Have a suspicion he might be a pretty good signing for Arsenal.

Jexner
Feb 11, 2010
3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Mr Snips posted:

It's a shame Watford got relegated because it means it's harder to guess which manager will be sacked first

There is still Fulham who love to roll the dice.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

Just Chamber posted:

Gabriel Jesus currently has a hat trick against Seville. Have a suspicion he might be a pretty good signing for Arsenal.

Looks like I picked the wrong ten minutes to come and sit in a quiet pub five minutes from the stadium! Although I'm hearing from an ITK on the next table that they DO get a trophy for this.

Fulham have signed some decent players, but no central defenders. If we end up playing the same ones that looked shaky in a lot of Championship games, we're going to set a new goals conceded record.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
this is Are Year

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
the community shield's on

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
In the spirit of the Reading kit's climate stripes on the sleeve, Fulham and Norwich should wear kits to indicate their PL presence

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

vyelkin posted:

this is Are Year

Mo looks extremely horny, I’m lovin it

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Alfie Haaland Revenge Tour 2022

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

paddyboat posted:

Mo looks extremely horny, I’m lovin it

what a coincidence because i am also extremely horny for Mo

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
The prem is great because it proves men of all races, creeds and religions can unite behind the universal idea of bad frosted tips

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Trent…

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

gently caress yeah TAA

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Announcers reminded me Mike Dean retired, can’t wait to see how his replacement is somehow worse.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

qirex posted:

Announcers reminded me Mike Dean retired, can’t wait to see how his replacement is somehow worse.

Fartin' Martin Atkinson and Fat Useless gently caress Jon Moss retired as well.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I for one did not expect Norwegian Potato-Zlatan to jump right into Big Virg’s pocket on his Big Debut

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Never heard of this Haaland bloke before this but based on this performance I'd say he's a bit average, good for 10 or so goals this season.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Love seeing that awkward haaland kid stand in an offside position and not even move an inch

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
The itv commentators are truly horrible

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
City look like they haven’t played with a real striker in 10 years (they haven’t)

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Fair pen but lol at a bad header farting its way into a penno

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
this whole "checking the screen myself" is such a theatrical farce.

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

Nunez has phenomenal movement but his finishing has been pretty rubbish

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Harry Lime posted:

Phenomenal movement but terrible finishing describes me trying to wipe after an IPA poo poo

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Kloppo's performative hugging and other comparative antics are so unbelievably cringe

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Liverpool bitch

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

nawilo_420 posted:

Kloppo's performative hugging and other comparative antics are so unbelievably cringe

The man has had his entire head replaced by performative things, give him a break

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Derwin just needed time

#8pack

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

Harry Lime posted:

Well that's an improvement

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

Shammypants posted:

Liverpool bitch

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

The man has had his entire head replaced by performative things, give him a break

lol fair point op

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Lol the big blonde lad

Absolute gash

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hahahahaaland

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
:lmao:

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Just Chamber posted:

Never heard of this Haaland bloke before this but based on this performance I'd say he's a bit average, good for 10 or so goals this season.

Told you.

:lmao:

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

wholand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Durling Failand