Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

He was loving inhuman against Spurs yesterday, it was very annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Watch Southgate bring him on in the 119th minute this winter to save pens and Bring It Home.

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

The amount of hate this guy gets from United fans on other forums is crazy. Lots of people watching every match hoping he fails. I get that he went off on the club in an interview when got to Forest but Ole was a total shithead for promising him starts and then only playing him once in a league cup match. It's not exactly the same situation but I had a promotion blocked last year because my boss was worried about having too few employees and I'm still furious about it. These types of things can affect people's mental health and lifetime earnings considerably. I understand where he was coming from 100%.

Him wearing a hat and waving it around after every stop is amazing, btw.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Henderson was 100% right and justified in everything he said.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

He was unlucky to get Covid when he did and have De Gea play back into some semblance of form when it looked like he might get a decent crack at the #1 shirt. But then yes the following season was a bad joke.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/afcbournemouth/status/1564519547830472704

gently caress me sideways, that was quick

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

no more cardigans on the sidelines

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Without looking at the records, 4 games must be a record for a non-caretaker

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
lmao if he wasn’t sacked for the result but for going on TV and saying “hey, my squad isn’t good enough” and having klopp agree with him

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Don't rate him but not sure what the owners expected their points tally to be after Liverpool, Arsenal, City and Villa. Post match interview where he looked completely broken probably didn't help.

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006
But harsh for a newly promoted club to fire the manager for losing to City, Arsenal and Liverpool. I guess it's because he was publicly whining about his players not being good enough and it doesn't seem like Bournemouth's board wants to spend, so he was making the worst of a bad situation.

I'll keep this in mind the next time I think less of the manager of a lower table club when he continues to park the bus down 3-0.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Banging my big drum that says 'sunburned Sean Dyche on the south coast wearing a string vest and knotted hankie on his head'

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

lol that is ridiculous

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

scott parker: back me or sack me

bournemouth: ok

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Congratulations to future Everton manager Scott Parker

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Congratulations to future Everton manager Scott Parker

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Speaking of getting sacked

https://twitter.com/azedace/status/1563910475745792000

:eyepop:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Villa have a decent record of being a banana peel at the Emirates, wouldn’t be surprised if we slip up there.

Need to go check the sack race thread, wonder how many winners we had.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

drat.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Brutal to get sacked after your three losses were to City, Arsenal, and Liverpool and you won the fourth game.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Leicester were playing so bad, I was sure my Rodgers pick was going to happen. Fuckin Scott Parker.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

vyelkin posted:

Brutal to get sacked after your three losses were to City, Arsenal, and Liverpool and you won the fourth game.

TBF he's probably played a blinder. Knows the team is going down because there's going to be no investment, gets a big payout and everyone's sympathetic as 3 points from those first 4 fixtures.

He'll be one of the front runners for the Villa, Everton or Leicester jobs when they become available shortly.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

TBF he's probably played a blinder. Knows the team is going down because there's going to be no investment, gets a big payout and everyone's sympathetic as 3 points from those first 4 fixtures.

He'll be one of the front runners for the Villa, Everton or Leicester jobs when they become available shortly.

True. An article I read about it claimed the big reason for the sacking was differences over transfer strategy rather than results, so it seems there's more to it than just getting demolished by three top 4 contenders.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

RIP

return of Sean Dyche?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

RIP

return of Sean Dyche?

Return?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

RIP

return of Sean Dyche?

How are the worms in Bournemouth?

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Dyche went to stoke didn't he?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He did not.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Jippa posted:

Dyche went to stoke didn't he?

Stoke picked up Neil from Sunderland.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Ah I see I have not been keeping up.

Jexner
Feb 11, 2010
3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
What makes you say that.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

lmao if he wasn’t sacked for the result but for going on TV and saying “hey, my squad isn’t good enough” and having klopp agree with him

vyelkin posted:

True. An article I read about it claimed the big reason for the sacking was differences over transfer strategy rather than results, so it seems there's more to it than just getting demolished by three top 4 contenders.

Yeah, the statement from the owner seems to suggest very much that it's more about going on TV and making GBS threads on the owners for not giving him the resources to compete at PL level than it is about the results

And Parker is right about that, to be fair, but at the same time not all promoted clubs can actively be laundering heroin money

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I would gladly swap Stevie G for Scott Parker

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Parker might be a decent tactical coach I dunno, and he's not wrong about the Bournemouth board being skinflints, but announcing to the world after you got humiliated "yeah my players suck I need better ones" is just not something you do. Unless of course your goal is to get sacked with a seven digit severance.

Would love to bug the room and hear how he explains his exit from Bournemouth in his interviews with other clubs this fall

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006
Well he looks like a spitfire pilot in a 1970's WW2 film, so maybe he'll do that instead of applying for other manager jobs.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Eric the Mauve posted:

Parker might be a decent tactical coach I dunno, and he's not wrong about the Bournemouth board being skinflints, but announcing to the world after you got humiliated "yeah my players suck I need better ones" is just not something you do. Unless of course your goal is to get sacked with a seven digit severance.

Would love to bug the room and hear how he explains his exit from Bournemouth in his interviews with other clubs this fall

Bournemouth are Russian money so he shouldn't be surprised that the tap has been turned off.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

How the gently caress are Leicester doing so bad? Looking at their first choice 11 there's a solid team there. Losing a long serving keeper can be troublesome but christ

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Nobody is happy and Brendan is going to get sacked.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Gerrard is for sure in the Sherwood Zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

How the gently caress are Leicester doing so bad? Looking at their first choice 11 there's a solid team there. Losing a long serving keeper can be troublesome but christ

Rumor/rumblings from Football Weekly if the owners are looking to sell up, but since their money is all in duty free shopping in Thailand it’s also probably taken a hit during COVID as well.

And Parker played the big-brain game, he either got backing or paid to not attempt a Derby County speed run. Can’t say this is a bad result, honestly.