Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The Arsenal doc is out and Arteta comes off as cringey, but it might work with a bunch of dumb rear end professional athletes. Also not sure how he can keep up these inspirational team talks for years if they are working.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

blue footed boobie posted:

The Arsenal doc is out and Arteta comes off as cringey, but it might work with a bunch of dumb rear end professional athletes. Also not sure how he can keep up these inspirational team talks for years if they are working.

I rate Arteta and I think some of the clips I've seen have been blown way out of proportion, but this is exactly the kind of stuff Liverpool fans were saying about Brendan Rodgers after Being Liverpool came out.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Eric Cantonese posted:

I rate Arteta and I think some of the clips I've seen have been blown way out of proportion, but this is exactly the kind of stuff Liverpool fans were saying about Brendan Rodgers after Being Liverpool came out.

Rodgers is an incredibly cringey person, but also I made this post in the first half of the episodes that were released and Arteta calms down a bit as he goes on.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 4, 2022

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Successful managers who don't do stupid public poo poo get labeled as tactical philosophers when in actuality they are all just poor man's motivational speakers corralling a bunch of drunk children

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
I rate David Brent and I think some of the clips I've seen have been blown way out of proportion, but this is exactly the kind of stuff office workers fans were saying about David Brent after The Office came out.

EC10 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 4, 2022

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Arteta can do whatever dumb poo poo he wants as long as Arsenal continue to improve. He's learning on the job for better of worse, If this season ends up a flop (Like I want 4th but I think 5th again would still be a good achievement considering the opposition) then we can start calling him a fraud like his bald mentor.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

GUYS GUYS GUYS,

Pep is cringe as gently caress too... but somehow it works.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Arteta plays You'll Never Walk Alone to prep for Liverpool.... Klopp just plays Neue Deutsche Härte at every training session.. that's why Liverpool always looked pumped and on coke.

whiskey patrol
Feb 26, 2003
praying to Jesus is going to be the best team talk this season for Arsenal. I expect him to make Arteta look like a genius.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

whiskey patrol posted:

praying to Jesus is going to be the best team talk this season for Arsenal. I expect him to make Arteta look like a genius.

he was just ok in a pep team, how is he going to look better in a pep knock off team?

*takes a massive run up* jesus is good, but hes not the messiah

whiskey patrol
Feb 26, 2003
I think being a lock to start and operating more centrally with more license to be selfish, he'll do well. He's going to be the focal point of the attack in a way he'd never be under Pep. I think he'll put up better numbers this year than he has.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
pep wanted jesus to play centrally, but jesus demanded to be played out wide because he reckons he'll get more game time for brazil that way

he'll do it to arteta, too

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Eau de MacGowan posted:

he was just ok in a pep team, how is he going to look better in a pep knock off team?

He doesn’t need to be a messiah. He needs to be better than 2 non-penalty goals in 30 games Lacazette. Lacazette could barely move, and basically shut down after the 60th minute. Jesus makes runs and presses, and can interchange with wide players. All of these little things that sound like nothing much are a massive improvement from what the team dealt with last year. Laca would routinely end up with 0-1 shots in games where we ended up the clear winners.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

TyrantWD posted:

He doesn’t need to be a messiah. He needs to be better than 2 non-penalty goals in 30 games Lacazette.

Yep, agreed. Jesus will play better as the focal point, but also he just needs to be better than a cone with a #9 jersey draped on him. Laca might have been good in the locker room but he didn’t have the legs to drop into midfield and also finish a move.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I'm pretty sure this is a real screeshot.

https://twitter.com/TransferChecker/status/1555216691872890888

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the rational part of my brain says that Arsenal told them that they couldn't broadcast actual tactical discussions as a trade secret, and so instead we've got a lot of BEAR MENTALITY, WOLF HEART, FIGHT AND WIN stuff

the part of my brain that's normally right about stuff says that being a football manager is the easiest job in the world and you just point at a picture of your favourite animal and kick shoes at people if they have a different favourite animal

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4009226

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1555539282194055169

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

gone in 18 months

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

FullLeatherJacket posted:

the rational part of my brain says that Arsenal told them that they couldn't broadcast actual tactical discussions as a trade secret, and so instead we've got a lot of BEAR MENTALITY, WOLF HEART, FIGHT AND WIN stuff

the part of my brain that's normally right about stuff says that being a football manager is the easiest job in the world and you just point at a picture of your favourite animal and kick shoes at people if they have a different favourite animal

It unironically does seem that they are doing this. They don’t show anything substantive that Arteta says to the team during the week. When he does talk tactics, it’s very basic stuff (play compact, play with a high line, focus on dispossessing, etc) and he seems to reference things he said during the week, so I suspect it’s intentional to some degree.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

[2006 goon voice] PHOTOSHOP PHRIDAY TIME

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

It unironically does seem that they are doing this. They don’t show anything substantive that Arteta says to the team during the week. When he does talk tactics, it’s very basic stuff (play compact, play with a high line, focus on dispossessing, etc) and he seems to reference things he said during the week, so I suspect it’s intentional to some degree.

Lol they aren’t going to show anything substantive, this never happens on the American “Hard Knocks” show which makes everyone think all us football coaches are platitude speaking morons (true to a degree but the level of analytical and tactical work done and coached into players is off the charts)

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Lol they aren’t going to show anything substantive, this never happens on the American “Hard Knocks” show which makes everyone think all us football coaches are platitude speaking morons (true to a degree but the level of analytical and tactical work done and coached into players is off the charts)

Right, I thought that was implied in what I was saying.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me, knock if you're with me. That's it for today's coaching

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015
Nan u better be as poo poo last season

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015
Man U

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

smiling giraffe posted:

My nan's dead dude

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I hope she got to see Man U explode into the festering tossrags they are now before she passed.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

imagining Chelsea players chasing each other round the training ground with a number 9 shirt on a stick going wooOOoooOo

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Not playing football but making £200k a week is a scary spooky curse I wouldn't mind having.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

They should hire a numerologist and a psychic, they can do a ritual to figure out what the hell is going on.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I’m available.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

smiling giraffe posted:

A curry house: Naan United

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Jethro posted:

A curry house: Naan United

Indian restaurants did very poorly during lockdown. They were considered naan essential services.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

Mrenda posted:

Indian restaurants did very poorly during lockdown. They were considered naan essential services.

boo this man

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Xabi posted:

I’m available.

nobody wants to hire nyou after you got jen chang fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Jose posted:

nobody wants to hire nyou after you got jen chang fired

I was assuming he meant as a man who'll fit into a 4XL strikers shirt and demand ball to feet