Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

"i'd been playing metroid for weeks, and finally beat the game. i was ready for a little song, maybe a cool image. games back then - you were glad to get anything more than "THE END." anyways my heart is beating like a god damned drum - this was the first time i'd encountered a singular timed section. sure mario had a timer, but it was nothing like this. i jumped my way to victory, and then.... it happened. i was praying for peace in space, like the ending text said - but then... samus... a girl? i could hardly believe it. i pulled my hair out and tore my clothes and smashed my tv and screamed until i passed out. when i awoke, peace in space washed over me. i bought my daughter a toy gun and allowed her, after 9 years, to wear pants. i permitted my wife to work. i stopped screaming at my mother. it changed my whole life."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

"i never played video games much, beyond smash brothers. my friend had a copy, a pretty big tv, and 4 controllers. we poured days into that game, unlocking the few extra levels and characters. samus was my main - the charge shot and grapple beam were just so much fun. i had other hobbies though, and really only played games with my friends. when the gamecube and melee rolled around jeff was there at midnite, for each. it was a wild time. we were in highschool now, but our habit of late night sleepover game sessions continued. it was some of the best times i've ever had, 6 guys fighting for a controller. there were a pile of new characters, but seeing my guy, my main, in new high polygon glory was enough to keep me playing as samus most of my matches. link had some charm but was way too short. time moves on, we all go to different universities. jeff wasn't too far from me, but you know how things go. new people, new job, new classes, beer. lots of things to compete for my attention. anyways, christmas rolls around, and i get a text from jeff asking if i'm gonna be home, telling me he's got the new smash. i am jazzed, man. i was tired out from school and all it's associated dramas, and getting back together with my boys, cracking some brewdogs, playing smash? it was just what i needed. jeff was telling me about smash balls and all sorts of poo poo, i could not loving wait. so i show up, parking on the street cause his folks driveway was full as hell. i hug my boys, hang for a minute, drink half a beer and jeff says "your turn." again, i never really played videogames that much, and seeing how great everything looks is kind of blowing my mind. who else am i going to pick? anyways a few stock in one of these smash balls appears, and from what jeff had texted i knew i had to grab it. i kick it a few times till it shatters and jeff yells "hit b!" and i do. my man samus shoots a giant loving beam and i am in heaven, this fuckin' rules so hard. and then...

and then... the armour popped off. the heroic space marine i'd been jerking off to in my head for YEARS, something like a cross between gordon freeman and the doom guy, was... a really tall blond girl in a loving catsuit? i felt the bile rise in my throat. i felt betrayed. i finished my beer and left that house and never talked to any of those guys again. they just reminded me of my shame."

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

"my brother told me i should play it, and it was really hard, but at the end i figured out why. there weren't a lot of games with girls as heroes, when i was growing up. he played this one, and realized it might be more important to me than it was to him and he was absolutely correct. that's why i carry a concealed handgun at all times."

Heather Papps

hello friend

"wait... samus is a WHAT?!?!"
*interviewee flips table and runs screaming from the room*

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
more like scamus

Finger Prince

Heh
Heheheheh
Heheh
Boobs

Twenty Four

Heather Papps posted:

i bought my daughter a toy gun and allowed her, after 9 years, to wear pants. i permitted my wife to work. i stopped screaming at my mother. it changed my whole life.

lol

Abugadu

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
i don’t think it affected me at all, it wasn’t as though i had developed extremely strong feelings for samus’ character and wrote a ton of fanfic about his(actually her) battles with Ridley and whatnot.

anywho, my 6’2” blond wife just rolled up the driveway in a tight ball, gotta go

Khanstant
how can we know samus is a woman aren't they an alien or some poo poo. i dont think anyone from space should get to steal our earthbased gender denominations

cruft

What are you even talking about, op? What is a woman?

Seth Pecksniff

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Justin Bailey knows what it's all about :mmmsmug:

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

cruft posted:

What are you even talking about, op? What is a woman?

A miserable pile of secrets

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
what the heck, women can't be in video games!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
gamers are being assaulted from every angle; jack thomson being a jerk, "cool" kids being bullies, and women.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

Samusse

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Khanstant posted:

how can we know samus is a woman aren't they an alien or some poo poo. i dont think anyone from space should get to steal our earthbased gender denominations

samus is a human. how human depends on which game. post dread, the most recent chronologically, she's a human with metroid and chozo dna integrated into her system. i don't know what this has done to her gender identity or her bio-chemistry but she has strong mothering instincts so i dunno.

Scuba Trooper

a woman raised by birds shot up with alien dna

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Scuba Trooper posted:

new kind of big tiddy gf just dropped

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Scuba Trooper posted:

You won't believe what happens next!