Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Things are once again heating up in the Balkans.

https://twitter.com/djambazki/status/1554108180619214850

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

this is our man on the street

https://twitter.com/GunterFehlinger/status/1547199751191420928

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Didn't he also have prolifically stupid takes on Ukraine-Russia...? :thunk:

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Serb is strong much stronger than any other

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
gently caress Europe honestly

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i liked serbia's entry in eurovision this year. anyways i hope everything works out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S1jrYq87Zw

quote:

"In corpore sano" has a lot of accompanying content, under the umbrella topic of attitude towards health. I can't cover everything, but I'm singling out the attitude that goes from "has to" to "can". On one hand, we're living in an atmosphere [of fear] where health is represented as a life value that requires huge spending. Health is talked about as something that is fully under our control, only if we do this, buy that, follow the new trend, listen to that... One has to be healthy. That's the pressure that leaves us in fear. On the other hand, it's possible to achieve a common sense attitude in which health is under our control to some extent, and in which, accordingly, illness and ultimately death are accepted with less fear. And the systematic support is thin, unfortunately, equally in the healthcare system and the education system. Healthcare is becoming more and more inaccessible and expensive... And so on

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Terminal autist posted:

albania stronger than turkish serbs

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
I saw that

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
go team

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

we dont need this thread, its just part of the ukraine conflict. close this

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Terminal autist posted:

the serb will take down the croat bosniak albanian dogs

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
love all these hosed up little countries full of freaks that hate eachother and have 5000 year old blood feuds

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
your ancestor laid siege to my ancestral home at castle blergb0rg at the dawn of the second hallow moon. prepare to die.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I dont know why everyone is so concerned. The Balkans have never had anything more than the smallest regional conflicts that have never spilled over or escalated into genocides. Its probably nothing.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Smythe posted:

love all these hosed up little countries full of freaks that hate eachother and have 5000 year old blood feuds

most of them have done enough genocides at this point that all they have left is to hate the country next door

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
i dont really care about this part of the world, but im glad theres a thread now for people who do

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Ive never been but parts of the Balkans look absolutely lovely and idyllic but that being said Europe is the heart of Empire and the Balkans in 2022 is still producing white people that live in lovely little villages with free range chickens and dirt floor huts so who knows

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Smythe posted:

neoliberalism fixes this problem

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Bosnian Pyramids are legit and have healing powers

https://twitter.com/United_Bosnia/status/1283537977847828483?s=20&t=123__vpwa7FZufywtaQBJw

NATO is suppressing the truth to keep the region divided

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
not my problem

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
If the perverted Russian aristocrats had imported Anglo culture instead of the freak French poo poo I think a lot of modern history would have been a lot better

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
It's time to stan Macedonia, who's with me?!

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Terminal autist posted:

Ive never been but parts of the Balkans look absolutely lovely and idyllic but that being said Europe is the heart of Empire and the Balkans in 2022 is still producing white people that live in lovely little villages with free range chickens and dirt floor huts so who knows

The free range chickens and dirt floor huts are what makes it so idyllic hope that helps

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Calibanibal posted:

we dont need this thread, its just part of the ukraine conflict. close this

only if you rename the ukraine thread the Slav Fight Megathread

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

nikosoft posted:

Do not let Greek Fascists see this post

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Terminal autist posted:

If the perverted Russian aristocrats had imported Anglo culture instead of the freak French poo poo I think a lot of modern history would have been a lot better

Anglo culture not perverted you say?

lol and furthermore lmao

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

don't make up bullshit tia

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

just a dash of antisemitism in the op because it is the balkans and it is ironic for a region with a history of pogroms, and not because the op is antisemitic and needs to be rescued from time to time in QCS 🤌

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

nikosoft posted:

Real Macedonia or North Macedonia?

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006
Will europes neo nazi volunteers be able to fight a war on two fronts?

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Man Musk posted:

just a dash of antisemitism in the op because it is the balkans and it is ironic for a region with a history of pogroms, and not because the op is antisemitic and needs to be rescued from time to time in QCS 🤌

wtf are you talking about now

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Is this where we post techno folk?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drYCp0uoOiU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Man Musk posted:

What are you talking about you stupid freak?

Weka
May 5, 2019

Now, now, I would hope there would be no divisions in the Balkans thread.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Man Musk posted:

Stop posting

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i hope the bulgarians get whats coming to them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Don't know much about this region. Any book recs are appreciated.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

In Training posted:

Don't know much about this region. Any book recs are appreciated.

the balkans are the ancestral homelands of the great montenegrins

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Man Musk posted:

Went to Croatia recently and every city I went to had a "Jew Street" that leads to a now mostly empty "Jew Quarter" 🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Business Gorillas posted:

Went to Croatia recently and every city I went to had a "Jew Street" that leads to a now mostly empty "Jew Quarter" 🤔

Well yes that’s why the SS told the ustase to tone it down.