Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth
people angrily insisting online that wearing a mask doesnt make it any harder to breathe

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
it was super loving scary is what I remember. 2 months ago we were going about our business, now this new ultracontagious germ is killing 400+ people a day in my state alone. I was also drunk as hell from march 2020 to the beginning of june 2020, just wasted the whole time.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

ellasmith posted:

people angrily insisting online that wearing a mask doesnt make it any harder to breathe
This continued until today and is still a platform of the right who will always complain about how hard it was to wear a mask and how suffocating

But you know that, ella

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

ban this lovely troll OP

e:

Jelly posted:

This continued until today and is still a platform of the right

read it again, hoss, come the gently caress on it's a single sentence

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Zoom cocktail parties. Thank gently caress those are done.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
there were a few weeks where people actually took it seriously and made a real attempt to mitigate the damage, that was really weird

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth

Jelly posted:

This continued until today and is still a platform of the right who will always complain about how hard it was to wear a mask and how suffocating

But you know that, ella

I’m not anti mask or anything but the plain facts are that it’s more comfortable to breathe without one on.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

ellasmith posted:

I’m not anti mask or anything but the plain facts are that it’s more comfortable to breathe without one on.

lmao your lungs must be weaker than your posting

JetSetGo
Jan 1, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
The streets being empty of nearly all traffic. Felt like some real apocalyptic poo poo cause where I live its super densely populated.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

satanic splash-back posted:

lmao your lungs must be weaker than your posting
Let's not get out of hand here.

Rockman Reserve posted:

ban this lovely troll OP

e:

read it again, hoss, come the gently caress on it's a single sentence

Check the edit. Sorry I didn't realize it was ultra-shitposter extraordinaire ella and was maybe someone trying to approach a reasonable take.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
a surgeon crawls out of the OR, fumbling at his surgical mask with numb blue fingers. he barely gets it off before he starts vomiting and making GBS threads himself like he just ran a marathon. a pair of orderlies get him into a gurney and wheel him into an adjoining operating room. grimly, another surgeon dons his own mask in preparation. "if I don't make it, tell my wife and kids I love them," he says. no one can hear his words because of the mask, but they look into his eyes and they know.

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

when the president of the united states of america told us to inject bleach and shine light on ourselves

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
May 1, 2020

The federal government is confiscating supplies of masks and other protective healthcare equipment, giving them to a handful of shady companies that just got created a month ago, and auctioning them for insane prices. States have resorted to clandestine operations to get this stuff and they have to hide the sources from the fed.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

im gay

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

in april 2020 when a guy who was stockpiling PPE was forced to give it away because he was upcharging it to hospitals by like 500%

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Honestly the weirdest thing about early COVID was how 30%+ of the American population suddenly decided to defy their government, the back the blue party suddenly decided to defy all law and order, this group of cultist mongoloids decided that centuries of science didn't make any sense, and suddenly all the vaccinations they had in their life weren't relevant. They did all these historically stupid things for no other reason than defiance of the viewpoint of those they have decided are their eternal enemies due to propaganda they've consumed their entire lives that glorifies enhancing the top 1% of the country, demonizing the poor, and devaluing anyone who isn't white. They did these things because they decided putting a small piece of fabric on their faces or taking a shot was far too inconvenient for them. So they instead decided to aid in the death of over 1 million fellow Americans. Because they're in a stupid cult.

And they still whine about that poo poo today when they're not bitching about gas prices, as evidenced by this thread.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Toilet paper supplies depleting. Also New York’s Department of Health having to advise people not to rim each other.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Being an essential worker and continuing to go into work while everyone else in the company got to work from home.

Going into work was like the beginning of the Omega Man and I was Charlton Heston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hx0m1TgSBw

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
June 2, 2020

According to some serious looking person on Twitter, some of the soldiers who are being activated to quell the riots have been issued bayonets. Cool. Cool.

June 6, 2020

Well, nobody's been bayonetted.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I liked when you couldn't suddenly buy stuff because doomers were stockpiling poo poo. Need some paper plates? Should've been quicker. Pickles? Not in my county. Laundry detergent? Hey, how about gently caress you.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Das Boo posted:

I liked when you couldn't suddenly buy stuff because doomers were stockpiling poo poo. Need some paper plates? Should've been quicker. Pickles? Not in my county. Laundry detergent? Hey, how about gently caress you.
I remember the entire toilet paper / paper towel aisle was completely barren except nobody had touched any of the super expensive stuff. I think it was the Charmin, standing like a tower in a wasteland.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

seeing the us government give even the tiniest poo poo about normal people was pretty spooky.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Toilet paper supplies depleting.
for a few weeks we were all cornholio 😔

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i was pretty high and my life was falling apart so covid was pretty good timing

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Cubone posted:

for a few weeks we were all cornholio 😔

Also the sudden surge of fatbergs because everyone started buying up ‘flushable’ wet wipes and loving up their local sewage systems:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatberg?wprov=sfti1

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ellasmith posted:

It makes it somewhat unpleasant, not harder unless you have some very specific condition

A pretty weird thing to disprove that though: A doctor wore an O2 sensor and triple mask and ran on a treadmill and it didn't diminish poo poo, the video was widely circulated

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the good news is bidets are back down to pre-covid prices. everyone should buy one before the next tp crisis

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Op's going to sleep for a bit but feel free to turn this thread into a remembrance of early COVID or whatever

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

poverty goat posted:

the good news is bidets are back down to pre-covid prices. everyone should buy one before the next tp crisis

Any recommendations? I'm genuinely interested and it seems like the perfect post for it.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

flubber nuts posted:

seeing the us government give even the tiniest poo poo about normal people
I don't remember this

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
It’s a bit too early to be nostalgic about the start of the pandemic.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Cubone posted:

I don't remember this
Yeah, don't you remember, we sent regular care packages with supplies and groceries to every citizen.

Wait, no no, that, that wasn't us.

We contained the pandemic because our society was intelligent and welcoming to the life-saving restrictions.

No, poo poo, no that was New Zealand.

We uh, oh, we paid your rent for two weeks.

You're welcome.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I remember flashing the porch lights at 8pm every night and beating pots and pans and yelling as a community thing to support healthcare workers. It was very endearing, the whole skyline of San Diego twinkled :3:

Than the vaccine came out and everyone started hating healthcare workers again

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
July 14, 2020

“The Trump admin has ordered hospitals to bypass the CDC and, beginning on Wednesday, send all coronavirus patient info to a central database in D.C. — a move that has alarmed public health experts who fear the data will be distorted for political gain.”

July 15, 2020

“Starting today, US hospitals are banned from reporting COVID data to the Centers for Disease Control. Instead, they must report it to a no-bid, privately-contracted server under control of the Trump political apparatus. “

July 17, 2020

Banks have stopped offering mortgages.

Secret Police are disappearing protestors in Portland. Masked, unnamed, heavily armed cops who won't say what agency they're with are pulling up in unmarked, rented cars, grabbing certain people off the street, and taking them somewhere.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

people doing poo poo like disinfecting their groceries and packages they got delivered. also being drunk

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

drat I forgot that a small housing estate near me set up a projector on the wall at the end of the street to play movies and people would just sit on their doorsteps watching movies together while social distancing :allears:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Jelly posted:

Any recommendations? I'm genuinely interested and it seems like the perfect post for it.

i think it mostly comes down to how cold your tap water is in the winter and whether you want to spend extra and do more setup to blast your rear end with warm water on the coldest day

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i live in a smallish beachy town that seemed to dodge the entire first wave of covid -- there were cases, but not a ton of outbreaks at work or swamped hospitals in early 2020. but i remember toward the tail end of the first big delta wave i started hearing sirens going up and down A1A (state road that follows the coast) multiple times daily. in normal times you might hear sirens going by once a week.

can't imagine what it was like in NYC where they ran out of places to store cadavers when the first wave hit in 2020 and nobody was prepared

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
banging on pots every day at 7pm as a sign of hope. didn't even last 6 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Bad Purchase posted:

can't imagine what it was like in NYC where they ran out of places to store cadavers when the first wave hit in 2020 and nobody was prepared

i was there at the time, it kinda sucked!