Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Elephant Ambush posted:

People got annoyed when I pointed out that America had a similar plague 100 years ago lol

Exactly, lol. It was very much precedented. People just don't want to read. If it wasn't on TV or their timeline this week, they can't remember it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"During this unprecedented moment in your lifetime" with a direct finger jab every time it's said would have been more brutally honest, but I did see a few go with "unprecedented time in our lives" which imo is true enough.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Saw one today that I haven't seen in a long while: people, upon leaving a store, performatively tearing off their mask and gasping for air like they just surfaced after escaping a sinking ship. Your face isn't even red! But the guy you're with who's rolling his eyes sure is.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

half of those would apply to in person meetings

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Jesus I just remembered the sheer amount of people on Zoom calls who had the tropical beach background to cover up how messy and disgusting their bedrooms were

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Jesus I just remembered the sheer amount of people on Zoom calls who had the tropical beach background to cover up how messy and disgusting their bedrooms were

I thought it was weird seeing my co-workers unmade beds and piles of laundry or their kid or spouse wander by in the background.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

It was kind of funny for a minute to wait for a co worker to get up from their desk, grab a screenshot of their messy room then use that as your own background. Haven’t seen that in a while.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Ralph Hurley posted:

It was kind of funny for a minute to wait for a co worker to get up from their desk, grab a screenshot of their messy room then use that as your own background. Haven’t seen that in a while.

lmao I never saw anyone do that but that's hilarious

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we never did video calls where i work because the old people couldn't figure it out

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

There was also the chance that the person on the Zoom call was wearing normal respectable clothes on top, but just their pyjama bottoms, casual shorts, or nothing at all on the bottom.
https://www.thecut.com/2020/04/will-reeve-forgets-pants-on-gma.html

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I literally never once wore work pants when working from home. It was always sweatpants in the winter and shorts in the summer

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
I was declared essential from the start so it was pretty cool biking to work through the city when no one was out + the cubicle dwellers wouldn't be bothering me. I work with Trump enthusiasts and deniers who claimed we'd all be back in work in a week so my life really wasn't upended much except for my wife was working from home. One morning at 5 am, chugging along through heavy mist, I was startled to see the hospital put up tents. This plus the time we were in the Asian grocery market and saw their wall of 10 and 25 pound rice bags were almost gone when I realized that this thing was going to be bad.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Elephant Ambush posted:

I literally never once wore work pants when working from home. It was always sweatpants in the winter and shorts in the summer

I did the interview for my current job wearing a suit jacket, standard blue button up, tie and shorts. We don't have a camera-on policy so that was the first time I even had to pretend to be dressed for work since the start of the pandemic.