Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
hello goontlefriends, i've got a 35 page tv pilot I'm planning on shooting with some local comedians and I sure would appreciate some feedback on it! I'm worried the character of Victoria is coming across too strongly as a "dragon lady" Asian stereotype. She no longer ends every line by saying "kill all honkie's" while staring down the barrel of the camera.

oh poo poo here's the link

please don't tell my haters i make fun of them in this they'll screencap quotes out of context and use them to respond dismissively to my future posts. and that would be. devastating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Pepsi solved racism, OP. Have a Pepsi, not a Cola.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
saoshyant i feel like you would appreciate knowing that the other day i was watering my weed plants looking at a butterfly and i suddenly got that Ringabel's name was a pun on his amnesia.

crimes

Saoshyant

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

saoshyant i feel like you would appreciate knowing that the other day i was watering my weed plants looking at a butterfly and i suddenly got that Ringabel's name was a pun on his amnesia.

Jesus.... it makes so much sense

I think you'll appreciate this one, too:

If you remove the letters FF from the game's title you get the final twist revealed in plain sight. The one bit that starts with "Flying".

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 4, 2022

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Saoshyant

Also, I don't know who will star in the role of Alicia, but please take a photo of her wearing "office goth finery" because this is tickling my imagination wild.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
my g od... it's the Inal Antasy.

crimes

Scuba Trooper

i am going to read this pilot when i have downtime!

this reminds me i gotta reinstall final draft

or maybe buy a new copy but ugh expensive

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
we took a look and as a network we have decided not to move forward with this production. thanks for your interest. also you've been blackballed from the industry fatty arbuckle style

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

it's really impressive how the one in the bottom left does that "daily mail photo montage" thing. they really captured that "ripped from the headlines" feel. just a deeply fascinating bit of science, AI art is.

barnold posted:

we took a look and as a network we have decided not to move forward with this production. thanks for your interest. also you've been blackballed from the industry fatty arbuckle style

(i nervously sweep a pile of coke bottles under a too-small area rug)

Scuba Trooper posted:

i am going to read this pilot when i have downtime!

this reminds me i gotta reinstall final draft

or maybe buy a new copy but ugh expensive

Thanks!

I juuuuuuuuuuust started using Arc Studio Pro (Free) because Scrivener doesn't append (MORE) when a dialogue stretches across multiple pages, but it looks like ASP does everything automatically and it was just so, so, so satisfying to have something just WORK

crimes

Heather Papps

hello friend

no

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

just kidding i will dig in when i have time and attention

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Allie

anything specific you're looking for feedback on, or any types of feedback? or just general, anything?

this is my standard opening question before giving notes btw. apologies if it seems a bit odd in this here byob context

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood

Allie posted:

anything specific you're looking for feedback on, or any types of feedback? or just general, anything?

this is my standard opening question before giving notes btw. apologies if it seems a bit odd in this here byob context

is the cold open too busy? is it easy to follow the different interview threads in act 2? is the extended exorcism scene in act 3 actually funny or do i just hate grandmas

(ty for asking)

crimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
New draft is live! https://drive.google.com/file/d/14m2xbHc3wIEASln16SBxfhhPlNP_piz3/view?usp=sharing

3.2 CHANGELOG
- Victoria's reveal is held off until act 3
- Nathaniel removed (because he sucked)
- Bill and Jack's cutaway gags removed
- Nicea's theological explanation has been moved forward in act 3
- the exorcism is now one continuous, unbroken take.
- dialogue streamlined
- new errors introduced intentionally, as a test

crimes