Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
e: lol omg terrible snype ugh can't believe i'm posting at the top of a new page :synpa: that's what i get for posting before my morning coffee :xd: have a content tax as penance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
it will not be probatable

gas op ban thread

also this isn't QCS!!!!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
do your job and clean up these forums seth!!!!!!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Ok I can do that

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Seth Pecksniff posted:

it will not be probatable

you heard it folks, it’s not just a probe. it’s a ban.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

sniff my butthole op

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

*dusts off hands*

these forums are cleaner already!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the proof will be on page 2

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
OP needs to SMDFTB

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

really though, if you edit a snipe there's no punishment a mod could dish out that's worse than the life you're already living

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Shut up OP

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

no

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
empty posts with the snype emoticon is fine but any other acknowledgement is bad

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Frankly it's way cooler to be post #13

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i edit my posts to include a quote of whatever post i was talking about that i was too lazy to add the first time once i notice it's at the top of a page. however i do it within the 2 minutes without saying anything, according to the gentlemens code

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i don’t proof read ever, just edit in a race against the clock after clicking the post button

some day the forums will be updated to show all edits regardless of timestamp and i won’t be able to cope

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

sometimes a speedposter will quote me before i’m done editing and lock in my typos :argh:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

AARD VARKMAN posted:

i edit my posts to include a quote of whatever post i was talking about that i was too lazy to add the first time once i notice it's at the top of a page. however i do it within the 2 minutes without saying anything, according to the gentlemens code

This is what snipes originally were but some weirdos take it to mean that ALL snipes should be edited.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Bad Purchase posted:

sometimes a speedposter will quote me before i’m done editing and lock in my typos :argh:

this happens to me all the time, although rather than typos i just elude an entire word in lots of my posts.

one time someone posted some big youtuber's video that included closeup of one of my posts and i immediately and could only see that i had missed an entire word in a short sentence

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

oh yeah, i do the leaving out a word thing all the time. probably a sure sign of my future in the memory wing.

every time i catch one i get paranoid about all the ones i probably never noticed.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Bad Purchase posted:

A real forum buddy would edit the quote after they spotted your edit

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:lrpage2:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

For some posters a new page is an entirely new discussion, unrelated to any previous pages.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

snipe

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Bad Purchase posted:

oh yeah, i do the leaving out a word thing all the time. probably a sure sign of my future in the memory wing.

every time i catch one i get paranoid about all the ones i probably never noticed.

My most common typographical errors are errors of omission, and I don't think it's a sign of memory problems so much as fingers not being able to keep up with thoughts. The vast majority of words I drop are interstitial words that are grammatically expected to the point I think most people gloss over them because they should be there, and get mentally filled in when someone reads it. I've turned in academic papers with little to no proofreading and these kind of errors would show up there, but almost never spotted by anyone but me.

Also, editing snipes is fine, just shameful compared to people that time actual snipes properly.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cancel Culture gone mad I say

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
on the one hand it is incredibly lame and sad

on the other hand its way worse to care this much about it

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Whoever page snipes in this thread will be legend

Make it the best snipe of your life!

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

im gay

e: drat

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

:snype:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
double shitted today :haibrow:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Whoever page snipes in this thread will be legend

Make it the best snipe of your life!

Edit: awww poo poo not a snipe

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Also if you snipe itt you're obligated to make it as obnoxious as possible in honor of our fallen comrade hot cocoa on the couch

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Bad Purchase posted:

really though, if you edit a snipe there's no punishment a mod could dish out that's worse than the life you're already living

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

#38 ok i wanna see the response time on this. i know someone out there is f5ing this thread nonstop. let's see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth