Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
[quote="Armitag3" post="525336759"]
Female cats are called queens, male cats are called toms.
Do we call male lions toms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

I. M. Gei posted:

OP where is Cat now?

Is Cat okay? :ohdear:

Maybe the cat wants pizza.

Pizza for cat.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
CAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Cat looks about 6-8 months and underfed, but overall healthy? Please update :ohdear:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

yeah the cat looks pretty healthy. probably not a stray, or if it is it was very recently abandoned. if it's friendly it almost certainly did not grow up stray/feral.

if you bring it to a shelter or vet they can check for a chip

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Someone put a weird snap bracelet collar on her overnight but no tag. Very odd.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Purchase posted:

yeah the cat looks pretty healthy. probably not a stray, or if it is it was very recently abandoned. if it's friendly it almost certainly did not grow up stray/feral.

if you bring it to a shelter or vet they can check for a chip

We had a family of strays a couple years ago that looked about the same. Theres a ton of greenspace around here they can live on hunting.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Thomas, this promotion means a lot to me. I've made this presentation to end all presentations.

Keep the mice out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IYVo4Y704E

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I thought it was like 99%+ of ginger cats were male but it turns out it's only around 80%. Still, that's probably a dude cat.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Beartaco posted:

I thought it was like 99%+ of ginger cats were male but it turns out it's only around 80%. Still, that's probably a dude cat.

I remember reading about this...

Orange fur gene is on X, black fur gene is on X, so

One orange X + Y = male

For female, both her X's have to code for orange. It's more common for her other X to color mask or code for black, so she'll be a tortie or calico.

That's also why male cats can't be orange and black, unless they have Klinefelter Syndrome (XXY) or are a chimera (two fetuses fused into one very early on in zygote stage).

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

if someone put a collar on it, then its probably someones cat heh

maybe just give it some tuna and affection and talk to your neighbors before taking it

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Wendigee posted:

if someone put a collar on it, then its probably someones cat heh

maybe just give it some tuna and affection and talk to your neighbors before taking it

Yeah unless your apartment is no pets allowed and you don't want anyone to rat on you, it's best to talk to your neighbors before taking the cat in yourself. You don't wanna take someone else's pet.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Noob rear end cat

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
Oh no! The cat fell over :c

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
kitty

kitty

:(

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting
KEEP CATTE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
No more cats! You can
t help them and you know they are detriment to an ecosystem.