Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

aka the taco bell thread part 2

It’s slim pickings. Why’s every fast food place just got to have so much meat everywhere? Any time I go to the drive through I usually have to order some lousy sides. I do appreciate that the impossible whopper is a mainstay on the menu, even if I haven’t ever eaten one because that would mean going to burger king.

Was that fake meat that kfc pushed out a while back any good? I wanted to try it at the time but never got the chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Also I have to rep that new fake jerky that beyond meat is selling. It’s a 10/10 gas station snack for me, highly recommend. Like legit every single person I’ve made try it has been impressed with how good it is. I’ve tried every single fake jerky I’ve seen, most of them are bad but some are good without trying to actually imitate meat. This stuff is spot on to the point where it’s stringy and gets stuck in your teeth like real jerky does, it’s so good

Teriyaki flavor isn’t the best, haven’t tried the hot and spicy one yet, classic flavor is the way to go

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

My wife is vegetarian and unfortunately also allergic to coconut/palm products so can't eat Beyond/Impossible stuff. She swears by the KFC plant-based Tenders and sandwich, and the Mary Browns plant based stuff too. Not sure what either is made of but I've tried both and liked them.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

*orders a grilled cheese*

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
can you make a passable grilled cheese with the fake vegan cheese, never tried it myself.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

uber_stoat posted:

can you make a passable grilled cheese with the fake vegan cheese, never tried it myself.

Vegan cheese has gotten much better in the past few years, but its hit or miss which kinds are good even within the same brand. Also it’s still horribly bad for you compared to real cheese

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ziv Zulander posted:

Vegan cheese has gotten much better in the past few years, but its hit or miss which kinds are good even within the same brand. Also it’s still horribly bad for you compared to real cheese

Even the super cheap kroger brand is passable. The best way to get it to melt is to put a few drops of water on a hot pan, and then cover it for a few seconds.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I'm vegan and it's rough out there OP.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

does anyone have knowledge on which restaurants use common frying oil or cooking surfaces for fries/otherwise vegan foods and meat products? i'm assuming it's all of them. if you google "vegan fast food" then there are a million blog posts saying things like "guess what, vegans. burger king fries are 100% vegan and plant-based. pig out!" with a footnote that says "oh by the way they use the same fryer oil and griddle for meat and french fries, so they're not strictly vegan."

i dated this girl who was vegan for like 20 years and was convinced that arby's has a dedicated fryer used exclusively for french fries, but i have no idea how to verify this.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

five guys fries are done in peanut oil and meat never touches the fryer if that helps at all? nothing goes into the fryer but their french fries.

everything else is done on the flat top

also its like 5 bucks for a large which is a giant bag of fries enough for like literally 3 to 5 people

shame that a burger is like 10 dollars, but if your vegan you probably don't care about that

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

They're also the worst fries in the game. Fresh cut and plopped.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Idk if this is just a local thing but McDonald's offers 'big Mac (no meat) ' on Uber eats and it's terrible, I love it a lot

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Wendigee posted:

five guys fries are done in peanut oil and meat never touches the fryer if that helps at all? nothing goes into the fryer but their french fries.

everything else is done on the flat top

also its like 5 bucks for a large which is a giant bag of fries enough for like literally 3 to 5 people

shame that a burger is like 10 dollars, but if your vegan you probably don't care about that

sort of but having just a bag of fries is a sort of meager dinner. i travel a lot for work and being able to eat fast food would really help me in the locations where there is nothing else local i can eat. perhaps i can construct a feast comprising of no meat big macs, five guys fries, and the standard taco bell fare. i love america. i love the american lifestyle.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Killingyouguy! posted:

Idk if this is just a local thing but McDonald's offers 'big Mac (no meat) ' on Uber eats and it's terrible, I love it a lot

Is it just the bread and toppings/sauces. What’s going on there it sounds bad

kreeningsons posted:

sort of but having just a bag of fries is a sort of meager dinner.

Please see the thread title

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Ziv Zulander posted:

Is it just the bread and toppings/sauces. What’s going on there it sounds bad

yeah it's just some veg and sauces, with a soggy bread circle in the middle. i eat it when i hate myself

e: huh, i s2g the poutine gravy used to be vegetarian but it has powdered chicken broth in it. oh well it's like the second to last ingredient i will probably still buy it

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Sep 22, 2022

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

welp, i went to mellow mushroom last night and now i fukcing hate myself

w4ddl3d33
Sep 30, 2022

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD

Killingyouguy! posted:

my go-to mcdonalds order when im super drunk is a big mac with everything removed except a bun, pickles, and mustard. i can only order it once at every mcdonalds i visit because the guy serving me always makes fun of me and i get too embarrassed to go back. god bless you, burgers with no burger

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

w4ddl3d33 posted:

my go-to mcdonalds order when im super drunk is a big mac with everything removed except a bun, pickles, and mustard. i can only order it once at every mcdonalds i visit because the guy serving me always makes fun of me and i get too embarrassed to go back. god bless you, burgers with no burger

this is incredibly funny thank you for sharing

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
McPlant is great, did it get nixed in the states? It's a permanent option here in the UK and slapping two of those badboyz together to make a Big MacPlant really hits the spot when you're :okpos: and craving some dirty fastfood. We get the vegetable dippers too that come either on their own or in a wrap, deece for a change.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I recently learned Harvey's will let you double up your veggie patties and it improved my life significantly

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

kreeningsons posted:

i dated this girl who was vegan for like 20 years and was convinced that arby's has a dedicated fryer used exclusively for french fries, but i have no idea how to verify this.

lfmoa

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
I did not mean to leave my sig on.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

i still think about the time we were going to trader joes and she was stoked before we even arrive because of all the free samples. makes beelines between every free sample dome in the store, stops mid chew on some corn chips and is like "this doesn't taste vegan", grabs the bag to look at the ingredients and it contains milk! impressive finely tuned vegan palate. spits it out in her hand right there and throws her partially chewed food away in the store trash can.

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

kreeningsons posted:

i still think about the time we were going to trader joes and she was stoked before we even arrive because of all the free samples. makes beelines between every free sample dome in the store, stops mid chew on some corn chips and is like "this doesn't taste vegan", grabs the bag to look at the ingredients and it contains milk! impressive finely tuned vegan palate. spits it out in her hand right there and throws her partially chewed food away in the store trash can.

i merely abstain from meat and derivatives. however yeah ive repeatedly had an experience of...wow these beans have way more flavor than i expected. oh? what's that? oops yeah we used the delicious fat

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I had a plant burger from a food truck and it wasn't half bad

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I had a plant burger from a food truck and it wasn't half bad

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Vegetarian confession: lovely fast food is the only meat I'll eat

the idea of eating prime cuts like steak or pork chops or whatever makes my stomach turn but I get a hotdog craving a few times a year

----------------

w4ddl3d33
Sep 30, 2022

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD

kreeningsons posted:

why the gently caress do they put MILK in chips!!!!!!! i dont get it and i never will

one time i was eating a bag of nuts and i had a moment of clarity and checked the ingredients only to find cream??? cream in nuts???????

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

That's nuts

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Vegetarian confession: lovely fast food is the only meat I'll eat

the idea of eating prime cuts like steak or pork chops or whatever makes my stomach turn but I get a hotdog craving a few times a year

The biggest meat craving I always have is spam. There’s some new fake spam on the market but I can’t find it online, and the closest place that sells it is over in Seattle.

It’s called omnipork, anybody here tried it/know if it’s good?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they make tortilla chips out of milk now. all flesh is cheese.

----------------

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Udderly ridiculous

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Ziv Zulander posted:

The biggest meat craving I always have is spam. There’s some new fake spam on the market but I can’t find it online, and the closest place that sells it is over in Seattle.

It’s called omnipork, anybody here tried it/know if it’s good?

it says whole foods sells it so if i see it next time i'm over there i'll get some. i like foods that seem like they come out of an old 70s dystopian sci fi movie.

----------------

w4ddl3d33
Sep 30, 2022

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD
how can i eat at taco bell as a vegan who doesn't like sad little damp bean burritos?? show me the something awful secret menu (how should i customise my order)

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Tb is the easiest fast food place to go vegetarian, just swap out the meat on any item for fiesta potatoes

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TB is also one of the rare franchises where the vegetarian options are consistently better too.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

They have a blog post on their website about eating vegan at TB.
https://www.tacobell.com/blog/how-to-eat-vegan
Scroll towards the bottom to see the ingredients that are listed as being vegan. Unfortunately, a lot of the more interesting sauces are apparently NOT vegan, though you can still add red sauce (and hot sauce packets) to your items. GL

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

w4ddl3d33 posted:

cream in nuts???????

:lol::lol::lol:

w4ddl3d33
Sep 30, 2022

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD
today i got this awesome burrito from tortilla (britgoons will know) and it contained:

- tempeh and bean chili
- tomato rice
- grilled zucchini and peppers with onions
- pico de gallo
- jalapenos
- hot sauce
- salsa
- lime juice

you will notice that these fillings are very wet. the liquid seeped through my tortilla, and i stepped into the street, took one bite of my work of art, and it slipped out of my now-damp hands onto the floor. it was a good loving bite though!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

i'm so sorry. rip burrito