Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I love propagandhi

Dear Coach's Corner was prob one of the best songs on that imo slightly weak album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ok but how many of you keep a kickass mini diary on your calendar like this?

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

I love propagandhi
on that imo slightly weak album.

I gotta know whats your fave album of theirs

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

kntfkr posted:

when do you write

before i go to bed and about every three days

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
I had a diary app once that had a password feature to stop people reading my amazing secrets and stuff.

But I ended up forgetting the password :(

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
My diary would be a cure for insomnia, so no

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

I gotta know whats your fave album of theirs

Todays Empires if I'm feeling old school, Potemkin City Limits out of their more modern stuff.

I do also have a soft spot for How to Clean Everything though, as Anti-Manifesto was the first song I heard of theirs on an old fat wreck comp.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I'm sure someone does, OP.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

like at work your job, or a every day personally, or crossover
I only do it for work and since it's not a requirement by my employer, I maintain it on a personal account.

Its come in handy for performance review related items. I do a lot of different tasks and while I can generally remember what I've done in the past month, beyond that my memory gets less reliable.

Its not something I would ever think I needed. In my career I've always had management who had my back. Once I found myself in a situation where that wasn't true, it has given me incredible piece of mind the few times my efforts where questioned.

But also when filling out self initiated performance reviews, I've had several occasions where I surprised myself with "oh, I forgot I did that!"

I recommend everyone, especially those of us in America, keep a daily work log.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I keep one for therapy, though I tend to write in it the most when I'm high. It's a lot of introspective glimpses behind ego, a lot of sad guilt. Maybe after im dead someone will think they're neat, if anyone reads it at all. Be nice kids or you just get sad.

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019
* me reading my own diary * "Wow this dude is full of poo poo"

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

I kept a diary when I was 14-15. I quit when my bitch-rear end mother read it.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I use my ouiji board to make a sequel to the Anne frank one

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I kept a dream journal when I was a teenager because I got interested in lucid dreaming and heard it could help with that. I did eventually succeed in having lucid dreams so I guess it did its part.

I've never kept a diary of anything related to real life because there are large chunks of my life that I would like to never remember again.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I've never kept a diary of anything related to real life because there are large chunks of my life that I would like to never remember again.

There are large chunks of your life the rest of us wish we could forget as well, Bill

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Zeluth posted:

What is the point?

Can't be worse than posting on an online forum, now can it?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i tried to keep a diary as a kid and it was like

went to school
came home
played with my gi joe toys
listened to michael jackson record
watched you cant do that on television
ate dinner
read choose your own adventure
played with transformers
played with gi joe vs transformers
jerked off
jerked off
jerked offjerked off
v
v
v
jerked offjerked off
jerked off

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Dear Journal,

I saw Mr. Dink’s dong today. He was naked in his backyard grilling “very expensive” burgers. He asked me if I wanted one and I said no thanks. He then asked if I’d like a nice hot wiener instead.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

i have this book that you fill in over the span of 5 years, each page is pre-dated and gives you five small sections to fill in on that date (one per year) so you see what u did or were thinking about last year (or the year before, and so on) as u get to each day. it has come in handy big time trying to remember things years later like "what date did i fly from country x to country y", what date did the pandemic reach this area or that, the names of restaurants i really liked (or hated), etc etc etc etc etc. or sometimes i just draw a little cartoon or a joke i came up with in it. it is very good. im in year 4 of it. highly recommend.

i bet there are cheaper ones that do the same thing, but leuchtturm notebooks have the best paper in them so its worth the $

Doctor Dogballs fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

My journal is more like a Dwarven Book of Grudges

So many goons. Most goons, tbh