Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
cspam is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bedpan posted:

The way people are posting in a thread I don't read is making me mad as heck!

I would have no issue with it but it produces posters like zerg mans and man musk. The latter of whom just accused me of being an anti semite completely unprompted which seems hosed up.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
let permabanned posters back after one month and a nominal administrative fee imo

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
what's wrong with zerg mans? just seems like a poster to me. idk who man musk is but if he accused you of that for no reason link the post and imo it should be punished!

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I would have no issue with it but it produces posters like zerg mans and man musk. The latter of whom just accused me of being an anti semite completely unprompted which seems hosed up.

it was almost too surreal to get mad about it seemed like they were having a stroke or something, too incoherent. very weird post.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

RealityWarCriminal posted:

let permabanned posters back after one month and a nominal administrative fee imo

That's just a ban & 30 day probation lol

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

speng31b posted:

while hand curated SYQs have been rich cultural tradition within cspam going as far back in time as anyone can remember, we are now moving into an age of automation and can't be stuck in the past.

As such, I'd like to propose a system of auto-SYQ that chooses posts to SYQ at random from other subs and brings them into CSPAM threads at random as well. I think this would bring a number of benefits.

For one, many of our posting brethren feel unfairly targeted for their takes. This would create a fair system that eliminates bias, and helps to restore the dignity and honor of cspam as a result.

For another, SYQs are often focused on d&d and GBS, which both creates animosity and also misses out on a huge opportunity to mine hilarious SYQs from largely untapped sources, such as the pet subforum or crafts subforum, etc.

now i recognize that the effort to automate this process will be time consuming and not a high priority at first, so here's the last part of my proposal and really the key part. Let's prototype the concept using a low fidelity substitute for complete randomized automation. We'll need a forums poster who is utterly committed to the syq as a tradition and art form, and also a poster who has the ability to become indistinguishable from the content of a bot. in other words, catpetter, let's usher in the future together.

Thanks for your consideration.

patent office branch is down the hall and on the first door to the right

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dreylad posted:

NeatHeteroDude has become a mod.

lol

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

CoolCab posted:

it was almost too surreal to get mad about it seemed like they were having a stroke or something, too incoherent. very weird post.

Sometimes trying to read the Trump thread and glean the context of a reported post is akin to smashing my head with a hammer and trying to navigate a fun house mirror maze. I'm not hating on the thread or its posters, it can just be incomprehensible sometimes.

I agree that the spillover tends to cause a lot of friction and I try to nip that in the bud where I see it. Main character syndrome is always bad whether it's a non-CSPAM poster coming for a visit or a CSPAM regular, but as noted it happens a lot less than it used to, which is good.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Zodium posted:

SYQs are a posting cancer that escaped from the Succ thread around 9 months ago and has metastasized into the good threads, and people who want to read D&D and/or GBS should be chain probed until they go back where they belong.

D*D quotes are boring but GBS post about ripping up your DSA card because [ukraine news] is something that was tailor created for cspam

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
trump thread posters stood by as the marxism thread got canned. its the holocaust poem

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend posted:

trump thread posters stood by as the marxism thread got canned. its the holocaust poem

first they came for the marxist megathread, and I did not speak out, because I don't understand what marxism is.

then they came for the glenn greenwald thread, and I did not speak out because I am a homophobe.

next they came for the covid thread, and I did not speak out because my immune system is strong.

then they came for the trump thread, and I spoke out via vlog and was permabanned.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I wouldn't mind the d&d grudgeposting to be cracked down on because I don't care or want to hear about arguments people had with some dude in d&d that they're still mad about

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

while there is a larry in posting jail, none of us are free

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
My Summertime CSPAM Feedback Thread response is as follows: It should be less hot outside.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

My Summertime CSPAM Feedback Thread response is as follows: It should be less hot outside.

I've pointed my air conditioner outside to help with this.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Probably Magic posted:

Gonna ask Azathoth to solve this problem by permabanning climate change.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Probably Magic posted:

It's winter in the Global South, if that helps

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

vyelkin posted:

Gonna ask Azathoth to solve this problem by permabanning climate change.

Gonna need the consensus of all the admins on this one, so it might take a bit. Check back with me in 2035, 2040 at the latest, and we'll see.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
syq free by 2030

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I love the UFO thread.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Homeless Friend posted:

D*D quotes are boring but GBS post about ripping up your DSA card because [ukraine news] is something that was tailor created for cspam

fail: complaining about getting owned in d&d
fail: syq posts
good: quoting some absolute freakout or epic forums drama
fail: confusing 2 for 3

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
please stop doing mod voice that's my only suggestion at this time :cheers:

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Lessail posted:

please stop doing mod voice that's my only suggestion at this time :cheers:

Thank you for your feedback! I will run this by the team and will circle back with an opinion for you.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
gently caress DA MODS

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

can i get a little israeli flag instead of the grenade?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Smythe posted:

gently caress DA MODS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1tyybVuSBU

this is an NFT
Aug 2, 2022

quote:

whapaloopa bam boo! hahahaha! hahahahahahahahahahaha!! im a baby bitch. im sooo smoll lol. durrrrrr blalahghghghghaaaa bababababababa baby shark hahahaha nenenenenenene neeeeeeennnneeeeerrrrr chocolate milk. hershey chocolate sooooo gwoss lol. yucky! i prefer European Chocolate due to my Superior Pallette. BTW i began reading at a very, very early age and mastered not only the fine texts of the english canon but also advanced mathematics before age 5, its simple for me. mommy where is my Helmet, the bus is here. *snickering* be gay do crimes lol. did i see a slur? ?? ACAB. Yikeserooo!!! gently caress off.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

hello! i'm a mod now. please be nice to me

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

nhd use this post as a test to see whose rereg this is

this is an NFT
Aug 2, 2022

grieving for Gandalf posted:

i put it here because i would like to see less of that kind of absolutely garbage posting tolerated just because the poster has a star by their name. see also: some of Calibanibal's really dark posts that get by because of their gimmick

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'm away from my buttons (no modding poo poo on the mobile app!), but if you report it i think admins can take a look (not sure where or hoe, but I'm still reading the guide).

I have an incredible headache from thinking about being a mod for too long so I'm not going to be doing any real mod stuff tonight

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

this is an NFT posted:

i put it here because i would like to see less of that kind of absolutely garbage posting tolerated just because the poster has a star by their name. see also: some of Calibanibal's really dark posts that get by because of their gimmick

hmm the post you quoted owned and was awesome though.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I don't make dark posts, they're all the same gray color

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
cspam is good. modding is good

Grapplejack posted:

I wouldn't mind the d&d grudgeposting to be cracked down on because I don't care or want to hear about arguments people had with some dude in d&d that they're still mad about

i agree with this. unless its funny then its okay (seriously)

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

thehandtruck posted:

cspam is good. modding is good

i agree with this. unless its funny then its okay (seriously)

Yeah this is kinda the problem, it's 90% awful white noise and 10% really funny so it's hard to draw lines around it

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

the trump thread is real bad, agreed. but hopefully it'll get better when trump announces that he's running for potus again

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

looks like the glenn thread is tripping out as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

CODChimera posted:

the trump thread is real bad, agreed.

what the hell????