Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Vandar posted:

Isn't BR owned by Turner? So either way, Turner is still getting paid.

That's not how these huge corporations work. Basically, even though at the end of the day, yes, the parent company reaps the rewards and the shareholders see Number Go Up, the way to think about this poo poo is that each arm of a company like this is it's own little mini-company, and if another department is making money of Thing A when we could be making money off it instead, then we're losing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

Their 18-49 is down about 25%, yeah. They were doing low-mid .40s this time last year and right now they're doing low-mid .30s.

How is that compared to the rest of cable in the demo?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm not sure why they didn't do MJF as the final segment and put Garcia at the opener or top of the second hour.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

it's time to belt up Matt Taven

Go back to Impact, Bully Ray

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'd just tape at Universal, or maybe do rotating venues every month or two, yeah. Maybe do limited house shows, Jarrett might be good for helping out there.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
As much as people make fun of poo poo like Roman appearing on Raw and then telling you he'll tell you what's up on Friday, that poo poo works. Imagine if instead of Regal saying MJF wasn't going to explain in Chicago, he said 'you'll have to wait until this Friday on Rampage, sunshines'. And yes, there's the argument that you want that promo in front of the maximum number of eyes, but if you want to build Rampage, you're gonna need to risk fewer people watching some big things until they get the picture that stuff happens on the other show. Otherwise it may as well be Velocity or Thunder.

Hell, you could say the same about Battle of the Belts. Why not put a world title match on one and build it up? Cuz having them be built around random ROH TV title matches and poo poo just tells fans 'this doesn't matter'.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think there is a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy in treating like the B show because of the timeslot, though. If it's missable so no-one watches it, then the ratings are poor, which makes it much harder to get WBD to agree to a better timeslot, so you treat it like a missable B show so no-one watches... and so on.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
AEW Plus is a separate subscription on Fite, but yes, it gets you the live shows. I'm actually in the UK, so not sure how it works to VPN it.

We're not sure about Collision, but hopefully it'd be on there

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MJeff posted:

Who's that in the top two quarters?

You know what the main event for Wembley is, Tony. Book it.

80k singing Jane will rule.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I was gonna ask what the hell happened at 9.15.

Also, Vanderpump starts at quarter past the hour?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think it'll be interesting to see how a main event without Punk does. Hopefully they do a good job building someone like Jay White or Miro to be able to draw in that spot

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
See, the issue is people are assuming the PPVs will be part of your MAX subscription. But with the state of the streaming landscape, I wouldn't be surprised with them wanting $600 a year on TOP of the sub fee.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

A Fancy Hat posted:

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the problem that those insane fees get split between ticketmaster and the venue? So venues don't necessarily have a reason to go with another ticket provider.

Like just as an experiment I went online to see about getting indoor football tickets for this weekend. Low demand, still plenty of seats, only 20 bucks. Each ticket has a 7 dollar service fee on top. Then 7 more bucks if I want to get insurance for the ticket.

So I'm between 54 and 68 bucks for two people what's advertised as a 20 dollar ticket.

Ticketmaster own most of the venues. Those fees are going to themselves

(Yes it's slightly more complicated because the fees are probably earmarked for venue operating costs but still.)

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Sep 20, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pylons posted:

(The last match of the night was actually Drew McIntyre vs. Chad Gable)

That still sounds better than that ROH match, Drew and Gable are both really good!