Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Bonk posted:

If this somehow leads to Kenny Omega in Multiversus, I'm all for it.

Omega, Punk, OC, Jade Cargill as the first DLC pack. Evil Uno, Danhausen, Dante Martin, Kris Statlander as the second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1654587515196563458

Ratings trend goes down, ticket sales go up?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

MJeff posted:

So now that I got the WrestleTix patreon, I get ticket updates in my inbox constantly. I sort of only got it for All In and was planning to drop it after that but it is at least mildly interesting to see how these shows develop and compare them to the last time AEW was in the building, do people care about ticket numbers, and if you do, what kinda format would you like, daily updates, weekly updates, some other third thing?

Have you seen any numbers for the Rosenberg TX show (SW of Houston)? They moved AEW away from the 4200 seat arena at University of Houston out to a brand new 8600 seat venue, but it's like 45 minutes out of town, so I have no idea how good or bad (likely bad) they'll do.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

MJeff posted:

Presale, 4 days ago:

AEW Dynamite/Rampage
October 18, 2023 6:30 PM
Fort Bend Epicenter, Rosenberg, TX

Available Tickets => 3,328
Current Setup => 3,875
Tickets Distributed => 547

Thanks. Yeah, like I thought. Baaaaad.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

zetamind2000 posted:

rosenberg's part of houston? that's loving nightmare bad then

I mean it'll almost certainly pick up closer to the date but that isn't a good start

The venue is 45 minutes SW of downtown Houston. Waaaay out in the middle of nowhere, but right on the freeway.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Integrated Houston posted:

Rosenberg really isn’t part of Houston. It’s like a suburb of a suburb. I’ve lived here forever and never been there for any reason. This also seems to be the first event EVER at this brand-new venue, so there is probably no venue marketing apparatus set up yet (email lists, media buyers, etc.)

I’d bet AEW got a better deal to run this building than the U. of Houston arena. (The NBA arena, Toyota Center, is almost certainly on one of those WWE-exclusive handshakes.) But driving out to a town where nobody goes to an arena nobody’s ever been to is gonna be a tougher sell. I'm

I’m flying in from the UK that day, but I’ll still make it because I’m an irredeemable Freakazoid. I will report on the pitiful t-shirt selection when the time comes.

My wife and I are two of those 547 dopes who've already bought tickets. See you there, bud.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i mean at that point they may as well just run austin or san antonio instead

That's 2 1/2 or 3 hours from Houston for either option. The SW suburb for the major SW suburb (Sugarland) of Houston is... I guess less bad.

Kvantum fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 22, 2023

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Shinjobi posted:

Rosenberg is a lovely little place. My parents would take me out their for the Richmond-Rosenberg fairs growing up.

No idea why AEW is going out there, but I suppose I haven't seen the venue

We went to the open house/grand opening this weekend. It's a gorgeous venue, and a lot bigger than the UH one. Easier to get into and out of, too, but the roster and crew will either have to crash at the La Quinta across the highway from the venue or else have a long bus ride to get any sleep.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I feel like Eddie vs Claudio should be a lock for Grand Slam but who knows if Tony isn't just going to save it for Final Battle.

Well, it's not Eddie winning the AEW World Title off of MJF, but it'll be an acceptable main event for Dynamite.

Proud and Powerful then win the tag titles off the Bucks in the main of Rampage.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

MJeff posted:

I dunno what you guys are doing, but every PPV I've bought on BR is like, two button presses and I'm watching the show.

Buy it on the Android app using Google Pay, watch it on the Roku TV app. That's all I do to make BR work.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Ganso Bomb posted:

I don’t keep track of this stuff at all but that number seems like one of the more successful non-PPV shows as of late?

Given that it was at about 2400 sold as of last week, I think, yeah, this is a noteworthy turnaround.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

MassRafTer posted:

Tony has flatly denied WBD owns a percentage of AEW.

I can't recall - has he ever denied that David Zaslav owns a percentage?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

MJeff posted:

Why would Zaslav own a percentage, he didn't work for Warner when AEW was being created.

With all of the crazy, unprecedented poo poo Zaslav has pulled as CEO for WBD, I wouldn't put it past him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Pylons posted:

Have some fun numbers someone compiled.

Those 2023 AEW Attendance numbers have to be thrown way off by All In.