Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I just want another fantasy story with a well written political intrigue. Guess they can't all take inspiration from the Yugoslavia conflict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

We're still missing Ogre Battle chapters 1-4

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Harlock posted:

We're still missing Ogre Battle chapters 1-4

don't worry Disney will release them soon

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Tom Holland

IS

The Knight of Lodis

now streaming on Disney+

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I would unironically love that.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

victrix posted:

this same type of game with open world tomfoolery would be catnip

that's basically battle brothers and wartales, but neither have the fft/to style settings and crazy abilities

The thing that makes battle brothers loving suck is that the setting is low fantasy. If they had FFT jobs and magic I would be very happy.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

jokes posted:

The thing that makes battle brothers loving suck is that the setting is low fantasy. If they had FFT jobs and magic I would be very happy.

yep, I really dig what those games built, but the settings are unbearably drab

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

And they all repeat that part. Like people don't like color and magic in fantasy settings somehow.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

jokes posted:

And they all repeat that part. Like people don't like color and magic in fantasy settings somehow.

While this comic is about medieval settings in general it absolutely applies to medieval fantasy

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

TO's approach is great. Magic is overall kinda whatever on the battlefield -- more like a hosed up crossbow. Doesn't have to be much beyond that to fit within the setting well

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I hope that you won't mind the thread necromancy, but I simply wanted to ask if there are any good Steam mods for Reborn. I bought the game as a cartridge on Switch when it first came out, but at the time I did not have a Steam deck - now I do. Since this type of game is perfect for the Deck, I would consider re-buying it if there are any major balance mods or what have you. Anything good out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are barely any mods at all. the most interesting one is probably the one that restores the rogue class, which was cut for some reason. rogue's not really all that exciting, though.