Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Medullah posted:

The Dark Side armors look great with the metallic dyes too. I almost pulled the trigger on putting a dye in one but I'd put 70% of my characters as light sided so it would be a waste. =\

got a good trooper look too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sombrerotron posted:

Solid Sith look, to be sure. Did you actually buy the dye with CCs or credits, or did it pop out of a Cartel Pack? I like the new ones, but not quite enough to justify (directly) paying that much for them.

I bought them with CCs and that is my dark side Jedi Knight because that's how I play lol

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Dark Jedi, Sith, what's the difference. That reminds me, though: I should go back to playing Identity-crisis (my Mandalorian-armour-clad, lightning-shooting, somewhat confused Jedi Knight).

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Well, that's strange.

Over the last few days I was trying the rail shooter minigame a lot, and hit the weekly cap on playing such missions that apparently exists last night.

I would have expected it to reset today like the weekly daily rep quests did, but it has not.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I used to find that really frustrating when I was playing regularly, since I enjoyed it and it was an easy way to get a fuckton of conquest points fast.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Cythereal posted:

Well, that's strange.

Over the last few days I was trying the rail shooter minigame a lot, and hit the weekly cap on playing such missions that apparently exists last night.

I would have expected it to reset today like the weekly daily rep quests did, but it has not.
Sounds like a bug, but not one on the list of known issues.

On a different subject, Swtorista's completed her SWTOR Planet Maps project for the starter planets! It's pretty impressive and very comprehensive, quite handy if you're trying to find lore objects and secret objects and such.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Sombrerotron posted:

On a different subject, Swtorista's completed her SWTOR Planet Maps project for the starter planets! It's pretty impressive and very comprehensive, quite handy if you're trying to find lore objects and secret objects and such.

There's some dude on Star Forge who was flipping out about Swtorista the other day in general chat. "She's PAID by the devs to do all this! Her Youtube videos don't get ANY views, it only looks like they do because the devs manipulate the algorithm! You all thing she does things for the community but she doesn't do ANYTHING".

I'm like...it's good to see there are still incels in a galaxy far, far away. She spends an absurd amount of time putting things together (I've helped with a few projects), and if she's getting paid...good? But nope dudes gotta hate

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

What a bizarre, paranoid line of thought. I'm not even sure what he means. She's being paid to do "this", but she "doesn't do anything"? What are they paying her to do, then? Even if it were plausible that somehow all of Swtorista's content is being provided by the devs (which it clearly isn't, given that we can frequently see her editing articles and recording herself for later videos during her streams), and she just has to record pre-written voice-overs for the videos, she's still streaming five times a week, being friendly, positive and helpful to anyone in chat, organising group events and just being an exemplary member of the overall SWTOR community. I suppose he thinks it's all an act that she's only performing because the devs are paying her, and it's just so dishonest that he needs to expose the truth.

The question remains why he would be convinced that this is the case. I mean, the answer is obviously that the internet has turned him into an insane conspiracy theorist (and most likely a misogynist), but presumably he believes to have actual proof and I'm morbidly curious what that could be.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sombrerotron posted:

What a bizarre, paranoid line of thought. I'm not even sure what he means. She's being paid to do "this", but she "doesn't do anything"? What are they paying her to do, then? Even if it were plausible that somehow all of Swtorista's content is being provided by the devs (which it clearly isn't, given that we can frequently see her editing articles and recording herself for later videos during her streams), and she just has to record pre-written voice-overs for the videos, she's still streaming five times a week, being friendly, positive and helpful to anyone in chat, organising group events and just being an exemplary member of the overall SWTOR community. I suppose he thinks it's all an act that she's only performing because the devs are paying her, and it's just so dishonest that he needs to expose the truth.

The question remains why he would be convinced that this is the case. I mean, the answer is obviously that the internet has turned him into an insane conspiracy theorist (and most likely a misogynist), but presumably he believes to have actual proof and I'm morbidly curious what that could be.

It really just comes down to "She's a girl so I must hate her".

This reddit post to her is still my all time favorite creepy loving post.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

I am glad that I don't know of any creepy posts about her, much less have any personal preference regarding such posts.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Look how shiny my metal pants are with the new dyes

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Sombrerotron posted:

Tried it again today, still says I'm at the weekly cap despite last playing one on Monday.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Cythereal posted:

Tried it again today, still says I'm at the weekly cap despite last playing one on Monday.

You have played more rail-shooter mode in the past two weeks than the entire population combined, of course it hasn’t come to their attention yet :laffo:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Preechr posted:

You have played more rail-shooter mode in the past two weeks than the entire population combined, of course it hasn’t come to their attention yet :laffo:

I don't think I'll play it regularly, but it's an easy and mindless little diversion to do one or two of a day for some easy conquest points.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Medullah posted:

Look how shiny my metal pants are with the new dyes

beefy

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Preechr posted:

Hey, some of us got pretty good at that mode.

You have to do stupid things for titles sometimes.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I like that mode. It's relaxing.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Are yall talking about the space battles. I enjoy those.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Well, turns out I wasn't imagining that I missed getting a saboteur option on Kessan's Landing for my Warrior. Known issue that dialogue choices for that story path are bugged and not showing up.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
SWTOR notes, thoughts on daily areas I've tried for rep and dailies since starting to play again.

Ossus (Republic) - Fast and easy, the rescue Jedi Prisoners daily doesn't even require fighting if you camp one of the quickly respawning prisons where the imps and bugs are fighting (beware Imp players doing one of their dailies to clear out the bugs, though, which will lead the imps to aggro on you)

Iokath - Never doing this on an alt without stealth, way too spread out with too many mobs, but a pretty great source of money and goodies.

CZ-198 (Republic) - Very fast and easy.

Manaan (Republic) - A bit long, but flows well if you leave the archaeology site for last and knock out the other areas first. Very RNG dependent on how quickly a couple of dailies complete. Companions love to go swimming in the refinery map where they promptly drown in the death pits, beware.

Ruhnuk - gently caress this place, I can't imagine slogging through this winding labyrinth filled to bursting with enemies on a non-stealth class.

Voss - Daily heroics are pretty quick and you get to kill a bunch of Voss so win-win.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

When I need some quick Conquest points, I always go back to the Ziost dailies. Takes very little time and it's really laid-back.

I'm also quite fond of the Rishi dailies, except for whatever reason the weekly's basically worthless in terms of Conquest points. :mad:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sombrerotron posted:

When I need some quick Conquest points, I always go back to the Ziost dailies. Takes very little time and it's really laid-back.

I'm also quite fond of the Rishi dailies, except for whatever reason the weekly's basically worthless in terms of Conquest points. :mad:

I've said it before I'll say it again, Iokath is by far the best if you're going after Conquest points. 15-20 minutes for the weekly and it's 50k points. Ziost is nice but you have to do it twice to get the points you'd get from Iokath, and it's not a whole heck of a lot quicker.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

agreed, gently caress Ruhnuk

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ruhnuk is still sub 20 minutes if you skip the heroics. The heroics are the time killers there, and not worth it for the reward.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

also I finished the SW story and it was great. considering imp agent or JK next. I keep reading that JK is basically KOTOR 3 so I feel like I should do that....

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

CLAM DOWN posted:

also I finished the SW story and it was great. considering imp agent or JK next. I keep reading that JK is basically KOTOR 3 so I feel like I should do that....

I like JK but it's VERY Mary Sue typical Star Wars, which was fine by me but it annoys a lot of people that it's so tropey.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yeah, I liked the Knight storyline well enough, though the break between acts 2 & 3 always felt a little janky.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Medullah posted:

I've said it before I'll say it again, Iokath is by far the best if you're going after Conquest points. 15-20 minutes for the weekly and it's 50k points. Ziost is nice but you have to do it twice to get the points you'd get from Iokath, and it's not a whole heck of a lot quicker.
Generally I don't need to run Ziost twice on any character because I get most (if not all) points from companion influence and rep. And regardless, like I said, Ziost is laid-back. Iokath is not, at least not for me. If you or anyone else prefers the flow of Iokath dailies or just getting more Conquest points in the same space of time, have at it, but honestly I'm just too lazy to be doing that on any regular basis.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Medullah posted:

I like JK but it's VERY Mary Sue typical Star Wars, which was fine by me but it annoys a lot of people that it's so tropey.

Yeah fair enough. That's very typical star wars. And I guess post-class story that doesn't matter anyways.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

Go with dark side Jedi Knight. It's really fun. And at the end you can basically send the jedi their walking papers and just hop on over to the republic military. Basically what a normal Anakin should have done

cheat at solitaire
Jun 25, 2023
The Jedi Knight story is so uninteresting that every couple of years I think of resubbing to SWTOR so I can finish it, and every single time I'm shocked to discover I already finished it.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

cheat at solitaire posted:

The Jedi Knight story is so uninteresting that every couple of years I think of resubbing to SWTOR so I can finish it, and every single time I'm shocked to discover I already finished it.

This is the best description of the JK story I’ve ever read.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Calling the Jedi Knight story KotOR 3 is fairly accurate but also the vibes/writing are 100% from KotOR 1 and 0% from 2.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

cheat at solitaire posted:

I have been trying to finish it since the game launched. I am finally up to Corellia, but gun to my head, I can’t remember anything that happened in the story at all, even on Voss.

Imp agent, otoh, was the best story in the game. It actually had some really fun twists.

Lordshmee fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 13, 2024

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
Agent is so good it ruined a lot of my ability to enjoy the other class stories. The others are solid at best, but Agent puts the most work into asking the player questions on identity and loyalty, and having their decisions and companions reinforce those ideas. Plus it kind of does the Alpha Protocol thing of "which kind of spy are you," which just makes it better.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I will always stand up for the Consular story. You're a mystical scholar, archaeologist, healer, and diplomat, your lightsaber is an afterthought. Exactly what I want from a Jedi story.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

my issues it that really only SW/JK work for all the expansion stories and everyone post-class story. every other class is an afterthought or doesn't remotely work (ie. bounty hunter/smuggler ugh)

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
This thread just goes in circles. Agent best story, Warrior best Star Wars story.

My pipe dream is that instead of doing another expansion they do a New Game+. Go back and add more story, clean up the existing story, add back the ability to reject/kill comps, add new comps, etc

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

This thread just goes in circles. Agent best story, Warrior best Star Wars story.

My pipe dream is that instead of doing another expansion they do a New Game+. Go back and add more story, clean up the existing story, add back the ability to reject/kill comps, add new comps, etc

Yeah that would be cool but something tells me the code would make it a nightmare. That's why they added the Master's Datacron, for a way to have people "start over at max level".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yeah that would be cool but something tells me the code would make it a nightmare. That's why they added the Master's Datacron, for a way to have people "start over at max level".

Meh you probably right, tweaking existing stuff beyond surface improvements would require effort. You could probably insert new planets easily enough though.