Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
True power is your hair disappearing every time you talk with someone you might kiss because you are wearing a giant hood and your mask has conveniently vanished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Bloody Pom posted:

The new freeform class system has me interested in playing this again while XIV is in a content lull. Last time I touched the game was I think during KoFE. Is this a terrible idea?

Nah, you got quite a bit to do if that’s where you stopped.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Make reusable dyes that bind on pickup and cost 500 million credits each. Make reusable dyes in popular colors that are bind to account on equip for a bil, available on a rotating basis. Solved?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

I just want my sorcerer to use the old tracer missile animation. Is that so much to ask?!

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Be a trooper but play as a lethality operative. You’re shooting nerds with your blaster rifle all day.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Ironslave posted:

All of the Male romances have an option to gently caress at least one apprentice or subordinate. It's very uncomfortable.

Hey, Mako doesn’t work for the BH, she works with the BH. Truly the least creepy and unethical romance (excepting one of the smuggler options, where you are in fact the subordinate, sorta).

Preechr
May 19, 2009

They really backed off on the “let’s make Nolan North give the most wooden performance of his entire career” thing post-50, thankfully.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Yeah, the Republic are in no way “the good guys.”

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Ashara was also so lame I barely talked to her and basically forgot who she was by the time you could pick her up again after KOTET. Non-romanced, of course; my Sith are moral paragons, unlike those filthy jedi.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Are we finally the main characters of our own stories again, or is it just another “come along with OC Do Not Steal so they can show you how cool they are” chain like the last several?

Preechr
May 19, 2009

DoubleNegative posted:

The planet that, to this day, sticks out the most in my head is Imperial Quesh simply because of the too-stupid-to-live Moff. How does someone rise to such a high military position in a society headed by the friggin' Sith and not get killed because of their rampant misogyny?

It's also one of the mandatory darkside picks for me regardless of which type of character I'm roleplaying because feeding him his teeth never gets old.

EDIT:

I gave Tactics a go and it feels a lot better. I still like the idea of DOTs, but the plasma spec in particular doesn't feel 'right' at an early level, like it's missing critical pieces of what makes it work. I also did kinda picture a lot more fire in my head, but that's also what I get for picking plasma over pyro. :v:

It’s also great because as a SW it really lets you flex your Vader muscles since it’s a shot-for-shot recreation of that scene in the original movie. Sadly, you don’t get a line as cool as “I find your lack of faith disturbing” but they can’t all be winners.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

We should get around to figuring out what Malgus is up to any decade now.

Probably just as soon as we become the main characters of our own stories again.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Does that have a buttcape? I refuse to buy anything with a buttcape.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Tried it again today, still says I'm at the weekly cap despite last playing one on Monday.

You have played more rail-shooter mode in the past two weeks than the entire population combined, of course it hasn’t come to their attention yet :laffo:

Preechr
May 19, 2009

cheat at solitaire posted:

The Jedi Knight story is so uninteresting that every couple of years I think of resubbing to SWTOR so I can finish it, and every single time I'm shocked to discover I already finished it.

This is the best description of the JK story I’ve ever read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Pwnstar posted:

Love Bounty Hunter speech option to the crowd at the end of Corellia "This war has been pretty crazy, but what's really crazy are my prices. Come on down and hire me today."

Relentless self-promotion is the best way to play BH imo