Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm back in randomly. I have played this game on and off again for the past 12 years and that feels nuts to me lol. I've def put more money into it than any other mmo. I don't think it's a great game but every once in a while it scratches a certain itch. I guess it's doing well and making money to still exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I just started a new character. I love to play darkside jedi knight and light side sith warrior. It just tickles me

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I just love the idea that as light side warrior and dark side knight you can get really close to the grey. Just folks who fight for their society but think that their religion may be a tad extreme. Like jedi knight is getting told to forgo any attachments or emotions and he's like that's dumb and warrior is walking around everyone messing up their own chain of command and it would work a lot better if they just focused on being normal.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I like the sith inquisitor as a person who doesn't give a poo poo about sith or jedi. She was a slave who is constantly told she sucks and now she's got lightning powers and ghosts in her head and you know what gently caress em all time to get more power so she never becomes a slave again.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So I finally watched a video about how to make credits. I really like Star Wars Academy videos. Explains things as if I were a 5 year old which is what I need. So I found out I was sitting on like 7k of tech frags and now long story short I have 150M credits.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Medullah posted:

Yeah Swtorista makes good videos. I don't get how she has the time to spend that she does on SWTOR stuff. I've helped her make a few guides and videos and I get worn out just doing a couple things.

I also feel bad because she has to deal with the extra fun of being a girl on the Internet. We hung out a bit at the Star Wars Celebration cantina in Chicago and she told me some stories hooo boy.

I also got to meet Non-entity there and that's when our love became real

Ill be honest I tried a couple of different channels and I went back to hers the most because her voice was soothing and calm. Everyone else was a bit shrill and grating. Sucks she goes through that her effort and yours are appreciated.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I haven't been doing ops yet because I'm not level 80 yet but I have been doing a ton of flashpoints and I have about 520 million credits I've gotten in like a week.

Currently running through a dark side councilor story and I don't think I've killed as many jedi in any other story.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It is pretty wild to me. I've played this game on and off since it came out but I'm really in there now and have made like 600 million credits and never before have I had more than 900k. So of course right when I figure out how to make some money they are gonna change it on me lol.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I have come to the realization that I am very very bad at arena and honestly I don't feel like putting in the effort to get better.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I played the game on launch, popped back on and off through the teens, and now I feel like I'm fully in. I'm playing every day, doing weeklies and daylies, pvp matches and I feel like just so in. There is like a zen you go into. Also if you play pvp turn off chat, those folks are toxic.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

InAndOutBrennan posted:

For some reason I'm thinking about loving around a bit with this game again. Got some questions.

Planning on starting a character from scratch and play the story while doing some PvP on the way.

Reading the OP things seem to have changed a lot since I last played. So I have questions.

- I have a couple of lvl 70 characters since earlier. I plan to delete them. But, what resources might they be sitting on that would be useful for a new character and how do I get the useful stuff over to the new one? Assume I have no clue about how the game works.

- Is there still such a thing as lightning sorcerer and is it still ok for PvP? What other classes would you suggest for being "useful" in PvP? I don't mind playing something that is underplayed as long as it contributes. Thinking Empire.

- Are guilds global or do I need to get on the US server to join the goon guild? And can I even as a Euro?

- Anything else?

Thanks!

If they have anything like tech fragments, daily matrixes, fp-1 tokens and the pvp token they should be linked to any legacy character. Otherwise if they are really old and have the old currency like what you used to need to use to get good companion gifts they have vendors set up on the fleet to spend that.

You can use any class if you've unlocked it for any character. So basically I can make a Sith Jedi Guardian or a Jedi Lightning Sorcerer. As for PVP my experience has been that sorcerer's make good healers on pvp.

There are global guilds but they are tied to factions. So I am part of a guild for my republic characters and a different one for my Empire characters.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Also I can't recommend SWTORISTA enough. I have played this game on and off since 2011 and only got into PVP this year but I feel like I've caught up thanks to her help. She has a ton of video tutorials on youtube and written tutorials on her website that are written as if the reader is a 5 year old and really breaks it down step by step. She taught me all about tacticals, which gear to get depending on the game mode i'm playing and how to get it and where to go. It's even got pictures to really help. I love her stuff

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Field Mousepad posted:

I have a sorcerer that I kinda split 50/50 healing and dps and I get laser focused in pvp when I'm healing. I can sit in a corner and poo poo out lightning bolts but as soon as they see some green I get murdered. It's still fun though

If you ever see a Merc named Jai in pvp that's me. I also like to try to keep my pvp chat light. I've kinda taken it on me to keep the toxicity down. I can't stand folks who lose and then go man this entire team sucks. I've been told to kill myself at one point. And they yell at anyone with gear under 324. And I'm just like dude did you even try to explain it? Also it's just a loving game why are you so mad

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

No one deserves harassments from strangers on a swtor pvp match.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just coming to post this - seems big

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Bioware is a company that hates the things that brought in the most money. They hated swtor and they hated good writers. I will always remember fondly the bioward of 1998 thru like 2012. That's the Bioware that made me excited about games. Frankly these days the company that makes me the most excited is Capcom lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Jesus Malgus looks like poo poo these days. Just let go life lol is life even worth living at this point

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

In regards to the story they should do another time skip. Maybe another secret empire lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Any word on when the next xp event will be?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love that light side sith just confuses Jedi so hard it leads them to making dark side choices

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So SWTOR is run by Broadsword now right? Have there been any noticeable changes or improvements or unimprovements since they took over?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

swtor was the last bioware game that even felt close to a bioware game. And now it's not so Bioware's transformation into a company that does not make games I enjoy is complete.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I still hear folks talk about SWTOR as oh man what a fumble but honestly I don't think you can be considered a failure or bad game if you're an MMO that lasts for 10+ years. And just for my money, swtor is the only mmo I've repeatedly come back to and played for any given time.

I haven't tried a ton - WOW, FF14, Secret World. Swtor is my fav.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Looks great. When is the release date

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Any word when 7.4 releases?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm 100 percent back in. Got resubbed - started ANOTHER Sith Warrior. Bought the new Ashoka armor because it shows off your back and looks rad.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I might have gotten some from you in the past haha. I remember I was on DK months back and someone handed out probably close to a billion credits to a bunch of players.

I'm pretty sure I'm on Star Forge. Or Satele Shan one of the two.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I logged back in and all my credits were down to a million. when i resubbed they came back so I can say at least for me they didn't just disappear after 6 months. You may have been robbed.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So I started my sith warrior and was planning on doing a lot side run romancing dark side jaesa. I didn't realize I had to be dark side when I get to get to do this.

Since I'm a freak I made a new sith warrior and plan to do dark options until I get to her and then go light because I'm a freak lol

I really like the way my toon came out. He's got Anakin's costume but is bald a white skinned alien. Looks like what Anakin might have aged to look like eventually.

And as always I'm rocking that half faced mask

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Right I'm going to play it safe and kill her parents and her old teacher and then after I recruit her I'll play light side.

From an RP setting I am going to look at it like my character starting out dark but it losing its appeal when he takes on a fallen jedi apprentice. She fixed him but he broke her lol.

Also this means for the first time ever I am shocking the poo poo out of vette and its really uncomfortable lol.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I am currently playing a dark side jedi using lightning powers. It rules.

I also love if you go dark side jedi the jedi are basically like ok you're out of here but the republic is like what are you talking about they are a hero and now they work in our army. And I'm just like lol suck it jedi thanks for the superpowers.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Mushika posted:

Well, you've sold me. Send all your kisses first.

You've given me credits before and I was very thankful

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I got the new trooper suit because I think it looks great in the new lighting. Really funny putting it on my jedi knight

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I refuse to buy dyes because you can't unlock them via collections. I have everything I ever bought unlocked in collection and basically never buy anything that can't be added to the collection.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

kinda? It's not like the other but capes, it doesn't flow and it goes around to the front and there is armored legs under. Looks almost like shorts with armored legs underneath.

Shard fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 6, 2023

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

honestly i mix and match stuff all the time so I might experiment with other pants.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Moreau posted:

Yah, they are cartel market specific, limited time only.

Speaking of pvp, 500 matches to go, woo!

It does feel as if something has changed in pvp meta since 7.4 - stuns feel a lot more common. Im spending a large amount of my time locked down, which is absolutely my personal bugaboo

Of course, this could just be confirmation bias, or Im being focused cos my gear is still 336... certainly seems more prevalent, tho.

my only issue with playing pvp is that a lot of folks are very salty about you being not as experienced as them. like dang im sorry i just got to level 80 and didn't even know about that pvp vendor or the tactical stuff.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Does anyone know the exact time the xp event starts on the 24th? Is it 7 am eastern 6 central?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Love how my current toon is looking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sombrerotron posted:

Solid Sith look, to be sure. Did you actually buy the dye with CCs or credits, or did it pop out of a Cartel Pack? I like the new ones, but not quite enough to justify (directly) paying that much for them.

I bought them with CCs and that is my dark side Jedi Knight because that's how I play lol