Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Thought we were talking about Mohammed bin Salman - disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Horseshoe theory posted:

Thought we were talking about Mohammed bin Salman - disappointed.

I know it's considered bad to wish harm on other people but I don't mind if MBS is not OK personally.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Skimmed the thread and now I'm really hungry for some salmon

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

I guess the PMLN is a political party but it would have been funnier if it was some bullshit project management qualification in his tweet calling for old geerts head

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hq-_VdYfQw

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Fortaleza posted:

Skimmed the thread and now I'm really hungry for some salmon

i had a honey smoked salmon dip that i can highly recommend

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I can't wait until the attacker is told he survived, looks badass with his new eye patch and robot arm, and is now writing a book that will be a veiled diss track about him that he'll get to read in prison. if he doesn't want to the guards can play it next to his cell on audible

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

This guy's junk must be seriously funky if he's willing to pay $20m for some head and still isn't getting any.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

maybe we aren't so different after all...

Griz
May 21, 2001

quote:

Salman Rushdie has been taken off a ventilator and was able to talk on Saturday, his agent has confirmed, as the US president hailed the writer’s courage and voiced horror at the attack on him.

The Indian-born British novelist remains hospitalised with serious injuries, but fellow author Aatish Taseer tweeted on Saturday evening that he was “off the ventilator and talking (and joking)”. Rushdie’s agent, Andrew Wylie, confirmed that information without offering further details.
https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/aug/14/salman-rushdie-is-off-ventilator-and-able-to-talk-agent-says

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/kapskom/status/1558460064641466369

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

:wth:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So that's what the assassin did wrong, he tried to stab him with a knife instead of a really boring book, a writer's nemesis.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/salman-rushdie-off-ventilator-on-the-road-to-recovery-agent-says-01660507501

I've seen some patients dip after this time, but chances are he will recover. Good news if so.

Also the attacker is a massive wuss for pleading Not Guilty

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/VICENews/status/1558895324143525888

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

evilmiera posted:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/salman-rushdie-off-ventilator-on-the-road-to-recovery-agent-says-01660507501

I've seen some patients dip after this time, but chances are he will recover. Good news if so.

Also the attacker is a massive wuss for pleading Not Guilty

should disqualify him from the bounty imo, coward

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Take care Rushdie

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
lol do rushdie and bolsanaro share some sort of anti stabbing gene?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
salman kushie dreams

promo code: fatwa

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

evilmiera posted:

So that's what the assassin did wrong, he tried to stab him with a knife instead of a really boring book, a writer's nemesis.

Have you read the Quran?

A Spherical Sponge
Nov 28, 2010
Wasn't the Satanic Verses about the experience of Muslim immigrants in the UK, and how dealing with reactionary chuds supported by the state & the media would breed terrorism or something? That's what my friend says anyway.

https://twitter.com/afzaque/status/1558449734397853698

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

more like Salmon Ina RUSHtoDIE AMIRITE?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Gresh posted:

more like Salmon Ina RUSHtoDIE AMIRITE?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

A Spherical Sponge posted:

Wasn't the Satanic Verses about the experience of Muslim immigrants in the UK, and how dealing with reactionary chuds supported by the state & the media would breed terrorism or something? That's what my friend says anyway.

https://twitter.com/afzaque/status/1558449734397853698

Its a story about even the most successful immigrants not fitting in and feeling lesser.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

im issuing a fatwah on jk because she put the wrong sorting hat on dumbledore or some similar nerd poo poo

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

rushing the stage and ordering a venti frappucinno with my conducting baton before her security has time to react

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Weka posted:

Have you read the Quran?

Yes, though it wasn't easy. It edges out the book of Mormon in terms of how boring and repetitive it is. The bible, of course, is also boring, though it at least sort of has a narrative going on even if the structure isn't great, to put it mildly.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the bible starts off great when genesis just decides to start over at the beginning partway through lol

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

evilmiera posted:

Yes, though it wasn't easy. It edges out the book of Mormon in terms of how boring and repetitive it is. The bible, of course, is also boring, though it at least sort of has a narrative going on even if the structure isn't great, to put it mildly.

so you’re saying the Bible is better? jfc.

Weka
May 5, 2019

mawarannahr posted:

Exactly.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

mawarannahr posted:

They’re both fictional mediocrities op

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
rushdie has a painfully large dick??

Weka posted:

Rushdie is Muslim last I checked.

That Charlie Hebdo dude said publicly he sought the effective destruction of Islam as a political force, which is a pretty pro imperialism position, so my hot take is he deserved at least a hiding.
The effective destruction of Islam as a political force is given as a position if you're in favor of the destruction of religion as a political force in general.

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The effective destruction of Islam as a political force is given as a position if you're in favor of the destruction of religion as a political force in general.

actually the only religion I'm in favor of destroying as a political force is the one religion my parents forced me to go to church to when I was a kid/teenager and because I'm a stupid self centered man-child I cannot conceive other religions as possibly being authoritarian

hope this helps OP

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A Buttery Pastry posted:

She suffers from Endometriosis.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

this is my favorite path of exile build

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

January 6 Survivor posted:

actually the only religion I'm in favor of destroying as a political force is the one religion my parents forced me to go to church to when I was a kid/teenager and because I'm a stupid self centered man-child I cannot conceive other religions as possibly being authoritarian

hope this helps OP
it did, thank you

SplitSoul posted:

She suffers from Endometriosis.
that's much less fun

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Quote from man stabbed: "How convenient."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004