Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Doctor Teeth posted:

so is chiesa just perma-dead now?

He's been training and playing in friendlies with the U19s, he might get a few minutes before the WC break and then he'll be back in January

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

tbp posted:

juventus are just sad. the bizarro commitment to allegri is strange but i guess they're poor

i remember reading puff pieces about how juve were a financial powerhouse after the move to the new stadium like five years ago what happened

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

COVID losses + paying ronald the GDP of monaco + there being only so many fiat factories you can shut down to fund said wages if i had to guess

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

mila kunis posted:

i remember reading puff pieces about how juve were a financial powerhouse after the move to the new stadium like five years ago what happened

they’re bad, op

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

i keep waiting for them to do some napolol poo poo and they keep not doing napolol poo poo

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Maybe the napolol poo poo was all the friends we made along the way...

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
It really is very confusing, but there’s still the winter window to do something like sell Osimhen and Kvaratskhelia.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
lol they're up 1-0 rn but this legitimately might be one of the most dire 11s i've ever seen

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
inter flailing against them is very funny and no I don’t live in a glass house

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

tbp posted:

lol they're up 1-0 rn but this legitimately might be one of the most dire 11s i've ever seen

strangely they were decent against PSG in that set-up

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

tbp posted:

imagine doubting Nicky Beans

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

“I believe the children are the future. Teach them well and let them win the derby. “

- Massililiano Allegri

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I am really having a lol that Rabiot is avoiding goals lately.

I didn’t lol when little Maldini scored against us but I wasn’t too mad about it either. Good lad.

Also Ollie Giroud is the greatest.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
For some reason (thought ferragosto was in august???) there’s no serie a happening for the next couple weeks but the entire juventus board of directors just resigned. Excited to see nedved in jail

quote:

Andrea Agnelli and Pavel Nedved will no longer be part of Juventus board, while CEO Maurizio Arrivabene will remain in charge until the new board will be announced.

Maurizio #Scanavino appointed general manager of #Juventus with Maurizio #Arrivabene delegated to manage the functions of the club until the appointment of the new board of directors scheduled for 18 January

Its nothing to do between sports management and that of the club, something very big is at stake. Indictments are on the way, in all probability, the lawyers are holding the paperwork of the trials and there are the wiretap papers. [Sky Sports via @MatthijsPog]

The level of emergency, without making comparisons, but as a sense of responsibility, is completely comparable to 2006. [Sky Sports @MatthijsPog]

Will Max Allegri leave too? Well, as of today there are no more men left in the management who chose him.” [@romeoagresti]

abuse culture. fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 28, 2022

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

abuse culture. posted:

The level of emergency, without making comparisons, but as a sense of responsibility, is completely comparable to 2006. [Sky Sports @MatthijsPog]

Coincidentally, 2006 was also the last time the Juve board resigned all at once.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Lmao

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

As much as I would love an imminent collapse of the organization calciopoli style, I don’t think this is going to happen.

An earlier court case this year accused the club of manufacturing player values in transfers in an illegal manner and reporting inflated numbers and so on and so forth. The club and the now resigned board were cleared of all charges. This case focuses on player wages and their deferment during covid (Ronald) and is only targeting the individuals on the board. And again, this is only coming up because Juve is a publicly traded company and the wage reporting needs to be disclosed properly to shareholders. I don’t think the club is going to be held responsible for this, and indeed the case is only against the individuals on the board.

I imagine the Elkann’s told Arrivabene, Agnelli, Nedved, etc to gently caress off or be hosed off to protect the club and I also imagine that will work. We’ll end up with these people banned from football for a while and at worst tue club will see a regulatory fine from the government. I don’t think we’re in for calciopoli 2.

I could be wrong! I don’t have a lot of faith in the justice system but I do have a lot of faith in rich assholes clawing their money back which might be enough to really cripple Juve if they don’t produce results on the pitch. We’ll see.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Also I hope Mattia Binotto ends up as some sort of strategist here so I can finally lol at him without also crying.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Wow, really interesting how absolutely nothing is happening this serie a break. Kind of surprising, tbh. Feels like there's a scandal due for someone but nothing at all his happening and everything is fine.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Gigi Galli posted:

Also I hope Mattia Binotto ends up as some sort of strategist here so I can finally lol at him without also crying.

Mattia Bidone.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/footitalia1/status/1603756572974407684

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mihajlovic was by every account I've read an exemplary person whos biggest flaw was that he tried to wring every drop out of everything he did. Shame to see him go so young but he'd been fighting this poo poo for a long time. RIP.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The government is deliberating a new tax forgiveness/amortization bill that is going to allow the various clubs who owe something like 500 million euros to the state to pay it off over the next five years with a much lower interest penalty than before.

During 2020, clubs were allowed to not pay certain taxes at all, provided that they paid it all back by today, with a 10% penalty in addition. Certain parliamentarians who are definitely not Berlusconi and Lotito have managed to push through a law that would cancel that debt up to certain decision makers who rightly threw that out.

However, what IS expected to pass is a new law that will allow the clubs to pay off the debt in 60 installments over the next 5 years with a 3% penalty rather than 10.

The clubs most indebted are Inter with 50 mil, Lazio with 40, Roma with 38, Juve with 30 and Napoli with 25.

Real scumbag poo poo!!!!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The cup made me want to keep up with soccer way more, and after researching, I like AC Milan. What do I need to know from the first half of the club season to catch up before the match next Saturday?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Carlosologist posted:

The cup made me want to keep up with soccer way more, and after researching, I like AC Milan. What do I need to know from the first half of the club season to catch up before the match next Saturday?

The most important thing you should know is "Inter merda"

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Simone Poodoin posted:

The most important thing you should know is "Inter merda"

:emptyquote:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Carlosologist posted:

Wise choice op. We dropped points to some teams we really shouldn’t have but we beat Inter and Juventus which was important. Also finally back in the Champions league knockouts for the first time in what feels like a thousand years.

Right now you need to know that our starting keeper, Mike Maignan, had to get surgery done before the World Cup and is still not quite fit (unrelated to the surgery) so for at least a few more matches we’ll be seeing his backup, Ciprian Tatarusanu, play. Tata was better when he was younger and isn’t really up to Pioli’s standard at this point. It doesn’t help that Maignan is one of the best keepers in the world when fit.

We have a bit of a striker problem as well. Ibrahimovic is basically a mascot at this point, Giroud is going to rightfully be exhausted and Origi can’t stay healthy to save his life. This means we rely heavily on Leao to score and create nearly everything. I’m not sure how much transfer movement there will be incoming, but I don’t expect a lot.

Napoli is far and away the best team in the league this year and the title is theirs to throw away. They probably will, so it’s anyones game at this point. If we can get Maignan back soon we should be challenging.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Thanks a lot for those details. Seems like it’ll be a bit of a slog for guys returning from the cup and injuries taking a toll. Are there any plans to get involved in the transfer market to add some more offense, or are they just try to play soundly defensively and win ugly?

I also have gleaned from the thread that Juve’s merda too

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Idk where you’re located but most major cities have some sort of gathering place for serie a and a ton of them have active Milan clubs. Get involved if you can - it’s fun and it helps if you can be involved in a community irl too.

I’m hoping to get back to some meet ups myself in the second half of the season. I don’t think I’ve been to one since COVID, actually.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Carlosologist posted:

Thanks a lot for those details. Seems like it’ll be a bit of a slog for guys returning from the cup and injuries taking a toll. Are there any plans to get involved in the transfer market to add some more offense, or are they just try to play soundly defensively and win ugly?

:wrong:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Carlosologist posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonAgnelli/status/1440120515532840963

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Carlosologist posted:

I suspect that the biggest transfer moves will be outgoing - for example Bakayoko has been shipped to various teams for nearly 3 market sessions now. The biggest rumor I’ve heard is a push to sign Sportiello if the suspicion that Maignan is going to take a while to get back to form turns out to be true. I really can’t see Milan signing anyone more than a reserve, and maybe not even that.

That isn’t to say the plan is going to be to grind out 1-0’s, the team is very capable and in fact built to be playing attacking, forward thinking football. You don’t try to defend leads with Theo Hernandez in your back line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odZeT8T88f8

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Dec 23, 2022

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

how dare you

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

how dare you

Milanisti :respek: Juventini

Interisti:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Milanisti :respek: Juventini

Interisti:

new guy this is what you need to know to be in with the serie A amici

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

guess who's the new manager of Cagliari https://twitter.com/CagliariCalcio/status/1606345680477306880?s=20&t=f6UTL5KCgOW36KXQiL-E-g

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

grvm posted:

Idk where you’re located but most major cities have some sort of gathering place for serie a and a ton of them have active Milan clubs. Get involved if you can - it’s fun and it helps if you can be involved in a community irl too.

This is true and indeed fun and also an option when you're travelling, I watched a match with the Chicago Juve lads when I was visiting there once and it was pretty fun.

I haven't met with the CR Juve lads lately but probably will soon. Most memorable time with the Juve lads here was a Coppa final against Napoli where the place was packed and some former drughi showed up. Expats or fugitives? Who knows, but they led all the chants and lit flares inside the bar to celebrate the win, crazy dudes and a wild time.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
Buon Natale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Dilkington posted:

Buon Natale