Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Ulio posted:

Thank god, if he is not playing though Inter should be big favorites imo. Lukaku picked his form at the best time of the season and Lautaro is looking amazing again as well.

Pulled a muscle supposedly and he’s listed as a doubt. I don’t think he’ll play the first leg unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

trem_two posted:

idk, I feel like Roma got what they deserved, what with the "giving Belotti 75 minutes" and "horrific defending on Lukaku's goal"

Belotti is just a feel bad story man, he doesn't score but the guy works his rear end off. Still Roma don't score much anywya but especially not much if Tammy and Dybala ain't on the pitch.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ulio posted:

Belotti is just a feel bad story man, he doesn't score but the guy works his rear end off. Still Roma don't score much anywya but especially not much if Tammy and Dybala ain't on the pitch.

He's a loveable shithouse that isn't any good at being a striker really. Remember when Torino was turning down 90+ million Euro offers for him, lol

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
That knee injury really killed his career. He scored 26 league goals in 2016/17 under Mihajlovic and just never made it back. Too bad.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Looks like the papers are reporting Leao has signed a 7m a year deal with Milan. That's huge for the league. He really is one of the best players in the world and could start easily on any top team. Happy he is staying!

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

The papers saying that Spaletti might be leaving Napoli? Classic De Laurentiis

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Gigi Galli posted:

Napoli is like the archetypical south lol
I've seen 2 Napoli flags with the Confederate stars and bars today trying to find a Napoli-Inter ticket.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ulio posted:

Looks like the papers are reporting Leao has signed a 7m a year deal with Milan. That's huge for the league. He really is one of the best players in the world and could start easily on any top team. Happy he is staying!

He's not Milan just get a way bigger payday

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Jose posted:

He's not Milan just get a way bigger payday

A new deal might at least put off a move for 1-2 seasons. Most clubs will wait until the contract runs down a bit before bidding so the transfer fee is cheaper.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

If we get the reported 175 mil for him he can leave tomorrow. If one of the five teams that can afford that want him then so be it.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

If we get the reported 175 mil for him he can leave tomorrow. If one of the five teams that can afford that want him then so be it.

I don't even think there is 5 teams that can pay that upfront. Realistically it can only be PSG or Chelsea. Maybe Bayern or ManCity but they don't pay these massive buyouts usually. PSG play Mbappe in his position so unless Mbappe decides to play in the center that won't happen. Chelsea were interested in him last year but they also just need a number 9 that will score 20+ goals a season and Leao is not exactly that.

If Juventus get docked pts Milan will get CL and his yearly increased salary should make him stay. Even if they don't make CL there is small chance he leaves due to the transfer fee probably required.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gigi Galli posted:

we'll trade you a slightly used ASM who's hamstrings aren't doing so well to sweeten the deal

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Holy poo poo that goal by Candreva vs Roma was amazing especially considering he is 36.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
juve taking that 10 point deduction news well

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
I feel that after todays news juventus will have wanted not to lose this game

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Look how happy Empoli is though :unsmith:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Only the not yet completely disillusioned kids brought up from the U23 team this year looked like they wanted to be there and I don't blame the other players for not wanting to show up. I mean lol at Juventus and this is only good news for everyone else, but the league really hosed this one up badly. They should've waited til the end of the season. You can't do this cycle of punishments then appeals then punishments again when there are 5 or 6 teams playing for european spots.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Only the not yet completely disillusioned kids brought up from the U23 team this year looked like they wanted to be there and I don't blame the other players for not wanting to show up. I mean lol at Juventus and this is only good news for everyone else, but the league really hosed this one up badly. They should've waited til the end of the season. You can't do this cycle of punishments then appeals then punishments again when there are 5 or 6 teams playing for european spots.

Ya Mourinho talked about this but the league really needed to just decide for once. Roma basically gave up on the league due to the table but then they punish them by 10pts again? Don't do this bullshit in the middle of the season. It just feels like the League didn't want them to finish in the champions league slot. It's just stupid.

There is still a scenario where Juve makes it to CL. If Milan don't get a point which is unlikely since they play Verona at home and Atlanta/Roma don't get more than 4 pts since Juve has better GD than all 3.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
I mean they just did it in the most italian way possible, which is great for the entertainment value and very funny imho

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Ulio posted:

Ya Mourinho talked about this but the league really needed to just decide for once. Roma basically gave up on the league due to the table but then they punish them by 10pts again? Don't do this bullshit in the middle of the season. It just feels like the League didn't want them to finish in the champions league slot. It's just stupid.

There is still a scenario where Juve makes it to CL. If Milan don't get a point which is unlikely since they play Verona at home and Atlanta/Roma don't get more than 4 pts since Juve has better GD than all 3.

Tie breakers in Serie A are head to head record, not goal difference. Juve lost h2h vs Roma, won vs Atalanta, and need to beat Milan by 2+ goals to overtake the result of their first meeting.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

trem_two posted:

Tie breakers in Serie A are head to head record, not goal difference. Juve lost h2h vs Roma, won vs Atalanta, and need to beat Milan by 2+ goals to overtake the result of their first meeting.

Oh didnt know that. Juve got destroyed by Empoli anyway.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Some big matches this weekend for the CL; Inter only need a point vs Atalanta (or win the current one) to be sure; Milan need to beat Juve or Hellas next week.

Atalanta need 4 from the next 2 and for Milan not to win, Roma need a miracle or to win the EL.

I was thinking that all three Italian sides have a decent chance to lose their finals but Mourinho is such an onerous oval office that I can never count him out. What’s everybody’s guess on the Fiorentina - West Ham game? That’s the only one I think is 50/50.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Some big matches this weekend for the CL; Inter only need a point vs Atalanta (or win the current one) to be sure; Milan need to beat Juve or Hellas next week.

Atalanta need 4 from the next 2 and for Milan not to win, Roma need a miracle or to win the EL.

I was thinking that all three Italian sides have a decent chance to lose their finals but Mourinho is such an onerous oval office that I can never count him out. What’s everybody’s guess on the Fiorentina - West Ham game? That’s the only one I think is 50/50.

Materazzi and John Terry basically said that Mourinho's players are willing to die for him when they play. He gets such a big buy in from them especially when things work out like they did for Roma last year winning their first Euro competition. Honestly I had to make sure that Matic is 34 years old because the poo poo that this guy does with almost no rest is inhumane and Mancini reminds me of how Pepe/Ramos played under Mourhino. Roma are not fun to watch but also they had a million injuries and can only do free transfers. I am cheering for them because the Olimpico imo is the best atmosphere in all of Europe so love seeing Roma do well.

E: Inter blowing Atlanta out of the water, the Lula combo start has been rare last few months but they have such great synergy. remind me of Eto and Milito.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 27, 2023

sur le web
Oct 23, 2020

I teared up a little, I'll be honest

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

sur le web posted:

I teared up a little, I'll be honest

:same:

I hope he'll stay with us, mostly to attract other players to come to Milan. It's worked with Maldini, after all. Wouldn't hurt to have another legend around.

Also, Spezia and Hellas will have to play a playout match next Sunday. I think this is the first time we've had a playout rule in the top division, though I don't know if there's any really old historical precedent for it. Anyway we're all Spezia fans until then.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jun 5, 2023

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
I cried a lil lol

I also had to order a Zlatan jersey - I said I wouldn’t get another one until we got our 2nd star (I said that like a decade ago lol) but I made an exception.

100% legend. I remember people panning him during his first stint because he had a tiff with MVB- but man, he really is a legend. In the convo for best striker in the game this Millenium afaic. I remember when he played for inter he just BULLIED the league - I couldn’t stand it. Impact even beyond the (very good) goal tally.

He came back at 39 (or 38 turning 39, don’t remember) and still scored 1 in 2. AND I don’t even think the goals were his biggest impact.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Zlatan definitely goat tier, had pace, ball skill, scored so many amazing goals, almost had double digit figures throughoout most of his career. I remember watching montage videos of him in Ajax. The only sad part about his career is he left Inter just when they were gonna win the UCL and joined AC Milan after they were irrelevant in the competition. That's the only trophy missing from his collection and possibly a Ballon D'or.But it's crazy how long his career was and how he won everywhere he went even in United which was considered the low point of his career.

grvm posted:

I cried a lil lol

I also had to order a Zlatan jersey - I said I wouldn’t get another one until we got our 2nd star (I said that like a decade ago lol) but I made an exception.

100% legend. I remember people panning him during his first stint because he had a tiff with MVB- but man, he really is a legend. In the convo for best striker in the game this Millenium afaic. I remember when he played for inter he just BULLIED the league - I couldn’t stand it. Impact even beyond the (very good) goal tally.

He came back at 39 (or 38 turning 39, don’t remember) and still scored 1 in 2. AND I don’t even think the goals were his biggest impact.

Imo that or his first stint at Milan were his peak. He was unplayable, so strong on the ball, had the skills to beat defenders, shoot from range. Like when people talk about complete striker like Ronaldo, that was Ibra.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Btw looks like Maldini is out of Milan. That's actually big news even if they kept Leao, feel like Maldini was a huge part of their success in last 2 years.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ulio posted:

Btw looks like Maldini is out of Milan. That's actually big news even if they kept Leao, feel like Maldini was a huge part of their success in last 2 years.

Him and Ricky Massara, who basically put the title winning team together and kept the talent we did manage to keep around. Absolutely insane decision buy the ownership who will either not replace them at all or install some sycophant idiot who will spend no money and secure us such wonders as an official southeast asian boat paint sponsor. I'm loving livid.

Everything I'm reading is that they were fired, not that they decided to leave. Imaging firing a loving Maldini from AC Milan. This guy is going to get murdered if he goes to the wrong place in Milano.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Absolutely unreal unraveling at Milan after I had to start working yesterday. Cardinale was atleast somewhat popular before yesterday but now… yeah. Really frustrating to lose maldini and massara when things we’re looking quite positive.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
comunque sempre inter merda

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

abuse culture. posted:

comunque sempre inter merda

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

https://twitter.com/masolinismo/status/1667671837671555073

sur le web
Oct 23, 2020

that's almost exactly Pippo's 2-1 celebration versus Liverpool 2007

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i don't have any horse in this relegation play-off but i like the spezia keeper kit

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Absolutely crazy Suarez-style handball by Hellas...it might just pay off too

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
deliberate foul to prevent a goal and getting a red card then shaking hands with the ref is one of my favourite things

https://streamja.com/bWZ3E

Nuclear Spoon fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 11, 2023

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Spezia vaffanculo?

And yeah, they're going to be taking up a collection to pay his red card fine.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hellas were the team to hate here but spezia deserve to go down for that poo poo display.

Cagliari won the playoff so they’ll take Spezia’s place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
he bunga'd his last bunga

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1668178141855006721