Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I think episode 13 is gonna be a cool down episode and wrap stuff up (and probably also leave some sequel hooks as this is 100% getting a sequel)

Gotta see what this whole LilyBell thing is about, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Episode 13 will just be Chisato and Takina going on a nice quiet date to the aquarium and having a lovely time.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

Gotta see what this whole LilyBell thing is about, after all.

Who is Adam………….

….

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
So, this really was just Trigun but girls

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The real main character

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

lmao

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Yoshimatsu is a loving dick

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
This show is very silly.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Takina just having the longest day ever thanks to Chisato

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

DA doing their debrief after this mission:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6VjPM5CeWs

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
So is DA gonna have to build an actual attraction to maintain the coverup?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

So is DA gonna have to build an actual attraction to maintain the coverup?

I can think of one agent who'd be chomping at the bit to run such a thing :allears:

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Good job Walnut! You saved the day! Now the program using orphans as child soldiers won't be exposed!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

Good job Walnut! You saved the day! Now the program using orphans as child soldiers won't be exposed!

Certainly hoping that the DA trying to deal with the problem by sending in another child soldier death squad to massacre the child soldier death squad that publicly screwed up is going to cause a few folks to re-evaluate the organisation they're working for.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
I appreciate Walnut treating the whole thing as a pac-man game.

Darth Walrus posted:

Certainly hoping that the DA trying to deal with the problem by sending in another child soldier death squad to massacre the child soldier death squad that publicly screwed up is going to cause a few folks to re-evaluate the organisation they're working for.

I kind of doubt it. They probably already knew that that was standard, given that everyone was talking about it, and talking about how LilyBells kept trying to kill Chisato in the past.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Sep 17, 2022

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

It's good now the kids can go back to working for the people they know just tried to murder then all. It's a good thing.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

moshi moshi policeman

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Supremezero posted:

I appreciate Walnut treating the whole thing as a pac-man game.

I kind of doubt it. They probably already knew that that was standard, given that everyone was talking about it, and talking about how LilyBells kept trying to kill Chisato in the past.

Lilybell being a thing was something Takana didn't know, so it's either something only First knows, or something that no one is supposed to know but the more experienced Lycoris are aware of.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I wasnt impressed with the first half of Lycoris Recoil, but on episode 10 now and I've actually become impressed with how much better it's gotten!

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Nitrousoxide posted:

Yeah, like, are we supposed to be happy and relieved that she pulled through? Although it explains how they could stay hidden for so long if the populace actually buys that hasty excuse for a cover up.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Well the alternative was them all being gunned down by the other child soldiers within the next few seconds so she did the best she could. Maybe next episode they all retire to waitress at cafes!

Seriously though I don't think this show was interested in the morality of secret government teen kill squads so I don't expect it to be addressed.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Sep 19, 2022

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Coxswain Balls posted:

Yeah, like, are we supposed to be happy and relieved that she pulled through? Although it explains how they could stay hidden for so long if the populace actually buys that hasty excuse for a cover up.

It was an effective short-term fix that got them to call off the death-squads. It remains to be seen whether someone's going to use that opportunity to find a longer-term solution.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I should note that Walnut did not actually give them control of their info control AI back after covering up the tower attack. The Boss was wondering to herself if “he” (Walnut) was friend or foe.

Currently they don’t have that as a tool to cover up future operations.

They do have physical access to the AI though so I’d imagine they should be able to fix it. But hacking is basically magic in this show so who knows.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If hacking were magic Mizuki's plane ticket would have been first class.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

If hacking were magic Mizuki's plane ticket would have been first class.

I'm pretty sure that was Walnut's decision that Mizuki only deserved Economy.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Sindai posted:

Seriously though I don't think this show was interested in the morality of secret government teen kill squads so I don't expect it to be addressed.

I mean they kind of sorta were, that was like 80% of the setup with literally the joker. But it seems like they basically wasted something interesting they could have done with literally the joker.

Maybe. I guess they could still pull something out in the last episode.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theres no way this doesnt get a s2 tbh, would not be surprised if there were rewrites to accommodate that

odds are takina and chisato arent going to show up to DA's doorstep going 'hello we are here to be government kill agents' in the last episode so i dont really read the show as thinking its the best thing ever. the show also made no real attempt to actively refute majimas arguments. i dont think its at all a smash the system type show but DA has been consistently shown as shady, trigger happy, and easily fooled.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Hype for season 2

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

theres no way this doesnt get a s2 tbh, would not be surprised if there were rewrites to accommodate that

The only way I'd see it getting an S2 is if it's to promote the continuation of the spin-off LN or if there's another LN or mobagame for promotion.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

kojima endorsed season 2

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Namtab posted:

kojima endorsed season 2

Is Kojima gonna help fund it?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

yes, absolutely. When season 2 exists i won't remember this discussion but you will burn knowing namtab was right

BlitznBurst
Feb 28, 2019

Kojima will make a LycoReco game.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Kojima's weird, so I wouldn't be particularly surprised if he actually did fund season 2.

Also seems like in this multi-media poo poo case the Anime's actually the primary thing rather than an ad.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Namtab posted:

yes, absolutely. When season 2 exists i won't remember this discussion but you will burn knowing namtab was right

That'll be fine because hell would've frozen over too. :v:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean it's not just Kojima it's legit popular in Japan. It's getting a lot of fanart and Chisato/Takina is all over the Yuri tag on Pixiv. It's going to get a second season the question is how quick the turn around is

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I dunno, I really feel like they are wrapping up Chisato's life here. I could see the final episode being a bitter farewell to her as her heart runs out of juice.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Even if we don't get a second season the fact they've leaned so heavily on the heart and clearly set up a way to get past has me pretty sure Chisato is gonna live. If they were gonna do that ending I don't think they'd lean that hard on it not to mention the writers clearly have mentioned they toned down the more dark elements of the original

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah if this was the kind of story where chisato'd bite it theyd have had more consequences/stakes in other parts of the story. frankly itd feel weird and bad if chisato did bite it - itd be fine if this was a darker story but despite all the turbomurder this really doesnt feel like that kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

the episode that ends with their date and the snow had me worried, since that kinda had farewell vibes, but everything since then has cemented that chisato is absolutely going to live

the character you should be worried about is mika