Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I am going to Hawaii for two weeks! I’m going to bring a bunch of my photo gear (note: i am not a very good photographer)

Tell me things that I should take pictures of, and I will try my best to look for and take those pictures when I am out and about!

My goal is to take as many pictures as possible so I can both improve my photo skills and have a good time. There is a good chance I may be exercising the art of getting “lost, but in a fun and cool way”, which is most commonly referred to as an “adventure” in my book.

For those following along, I have a fancy camera, a tripod, and some lenses that I’m taking, so I plan to take pictures currently of the following:

- Stars
- Natural stuff (from a safe distance)
- Unnatural stuff (whatever that might be)
- Funny things
- Treasures of the universe
- Family having a heck of a time
- Me (???)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

awesome, have a wonderful trip op! for me I always like photos of the neat stuff you find on the beach and in tidepools and in the shallow waters, the variety of sea life is cool and amazing. obviously be cautious about textile cones, if you happen to find any!

ty nesamdoom!

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Manifisto posted:

awesome, have a wonderful trip op! for me I always like photos of the neat stuff you find on the beach and in tidepools and in the shallow waters, the variety of sea life is cool and amazing. obviously be cautious about textile cones, if you happen to find any!

is a textile cone like a particularly unruly piece of carpet that someone has rolled up and left on the beach

Manifisto

aldantefax posted:

is a textile cone like a particularly unruly piece of carpet that someone has rolled up and left on the beach

yes that's exactly it, it's very dangerous for some reason, maybe because people are tempted to try to install the carpet in their houses??

ty nesamdoom!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I want those exciting exotic pics OP :allears:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
OP. I would also like to see:

• cool architecture
  • street art
  • clouds that look like things
  • stray dogs
  • tropical drinks

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Heather Papps

hello friend

i think there is volcanoes there

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Point your camera directly at the sun in the late afternoon, and then put something between you and the sun, like a really big leaf close to your camera, or stand right up at the edge of a building, and very delicately find the sweet spot between the sun being visible and the sun being hidden behind that object with very, very small movements. You should find the sun actually starts to bleed around the edge of the object at that sweet spot and casts a lens flare across the frame. Expose properly, let it be bright, but not overblown.

Life does interesting things for cameras in the liminal space between where the sun shines and doesn't shine. Find that balance point and play around in it.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

i would like for you to take a picture of a koa tree, and also some beaches or waterfalls or volcanoes. I think they have those things in hawaii.

also dogs please photograph any dogs you might see

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I wanna see those birbs of paradise p pls

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Hawaii trip report: I haven’t got everything on the list yet because the week has been busy but I have put stuff up on Instagram. As soon as I can actually figure out how to put those digimal photomographs into SA again (there was a way that I did it before but I don’t recall) then I’ll put em into here!