Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Starting a SoT game tomorrow and I am excited for my automaton animal rage barbarian to learn the magic of friendship and also druid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Nah, scarab beetle and go for that tomb lord vibe.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

A lot of the stuff is just fairly self explanatory which is very nice even as a ttg vet. It's a good system!

Now give me starfinder 2e, paizo

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Someone in an epic level campaign I'm in that's been ongoing for half a decade used that ability to steal a douche we were fighting's voice because he wouldn't stop self aggrandizing :lol:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

CottonWolf posted:

Or go completely the other way, stop mid-fight, and be like "You feel new power welling up inside you", dramatic music plays, and then you blast the baddie with your new toy.

Live your inner Goku.

:hmmyes:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Some people just wanna be tasty and there's nothing wrong with that. Leshies are adorable as hell though which is a strong positive in their favor.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Andrast posted:

Nothing and that's cool

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

pf2e is fun and way better than dnd5e

i am playing an amnesiac hunter automaton deer instinct barbarian who turns from a robot furry dear into just a robot dear with sickass antlers and when i go berserk it's all overclocking and poo poo. :pcgaming:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

So how 'bout that ORC, eh

i appreciate the backwork engineering to arrive at that acronym

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

HidaO-Win posted:

Heading into the last book now, its been decent but the players weren’t major fans of most of the teachers.

The school not really being a school bugged them. They were annoyed that the teachers kept giving them adventuring party jobs to do.

On the other hand I'm a robot deer berserker who now has a cute flower on my head after pushing it into the tree pillar at the pavilion so 10/10 AP for me so far. I really wanna play more pf2e and give starfinder a try even if I'd have to fight myself really hard to not just make a dwarf from deep rock galactic

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Syrinxx posted:

I'm sure different parties have different experiences, but our AoA witch absolutely fucks, while the rogue does... ok... at keeping up thanks mostly to opportune backstab. In our SoT table, the druid is the dps star as well. Neither table has a barbarian though

During the fight at the stage in level 1 SoT conclusion I got crit by the ringleader down to like 2hp and then when my next turn rolled around I crit them right back and did an obscene damage amount for level 1 barb is so loving fun.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Harold Fjord posted:

While I think it's a very well balanced game I generally suggest everyone always complain to their GMs to allow changes that sound cool and kind of makes sense

:hai: the pixie inventor in my SoT campaign has a pintle mounted gun on their barrel robot

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Lamuella posted:

one idea would be to let him run with the character as-is but offer to let him re-spec when he reaches level 2. To avoid this sounding like "this is going to suck because you suck", possibly make the offer to everyone.

i've basically remade my character every level in the 4e epic level campaign my gm's been running for half a decade now because i keep wanting to try other stuff and this is our last hurrah with the system, and i can safely say it loving owns doing so

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anyone have any good guides for a melee summoner that are relatively up to date? Considering going JoJo on the AV adventure path in a friend's campaign.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Chevy Slyme posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UOly8_Fciwr7vXfrdKng4hcpqrFl5rx1Da1rmViQL8g/edit#heading=h.y55un25zek5c

This one should be current enough, and has a few melee/tandem strike builds included. The main sourcebooks missing are Impossible Lands, Dark Archive, and Treasure Vault, which respectively add some ancestries, some occult spells, and literally one magic item of specific interest to a summoner.

Ok, that's the one I was looking at but I wasn't sure if there was a newer one, thanks. :toot:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

So I ended up seeing the dumb Treasure Vault dorf donk-dunker and now I'll be raiding vaults of abominations with a dwarf magus using one :greencube:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Lamuella posted:

I'm entirely fine with Paizo not cutting off an income stream for artists tbh.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

Not to carry on this derail, but I would like to lie a ton about poo poo I know nothing about, and prove why everyone hates artists.

And the art's not stolen, you posted it on the web for people to see, and someone or something learned off of it. You can't actually copyright a style.

lol SYQ

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Your GM sucks that's awesome

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Facebook Aunt posted:

Could a nonverbal bard do his verbal components by whistling? Not being able to talk isn't the same as not being able to whistle.

If so, could a Flatulist bard do their verbal components via farts?

It's a legitimate profession. :colbert:

Pryce posted:

Yeah, but if you get Silenced it could be deadly.

Harold Fjord posted:

Sensitive System:
When you are Silenced you become Backed Up 1.
For each round you remain silenced after, your Backed Up condition increases.

Backed Up
You are Sickened 1 for each point of Backed Up. When you are no longer Silenced, gain Silent But Deadly until the end of your next turn.

Silent But Deadly
When you cast a spell using Flatulent Casting, heighten 1 for each point of Backed Up. Remove Backed Up and Silent But Deadly.

incredible

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

We also have the dwarf book this summer :toot:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Any suggestions for a free archetype selection for a dwarf dweeb thaumaturge using a lantern who's ranged focused? Friend is doing AV and that's what I have so far.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Sniping Duo is really neat, yeah, and I might swap to guns down the line because we have a gunslinger who is a proud believer in the right of all sentient beings to bear arms, which made me think getting their help to have my lass craft her own pistol would be cool. Part of me wants to get a repeating hand crossbow and roll with that though because crossbows are cool :pcgaming: I don't really wanna embrace any caster classes cause I don't see that too much for her as a character, sadly. If I was rolling mirror/regalia I'd totally go Marshal but neither of those fit her either since she's a dweeby library dwarf. Part of me wishes I could make the class stuff key off INT instead but so it goes.

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Mar 13, 2023

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Oh spiff, I'll give it a solid lookover too

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

We have an npc accompanying us for ours and she nearly got gotten by a kobold scout so that's fun. Here's some PTSD kid.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

So wait as a ranged magus should I make my dex 18 and Cha 16 at start :ohdear:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I meant thaum not magus :doh:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Rythian posted:

Put your foot down, and if they're being a passive aggressive whiner about it later, kick 'em.

That's all there's to it, really. Don't let anyone ruin your fun campaign.

This. Sometimes you need to kick someone out to save the game/group

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

KPC_Mammon posted:

If anything, being in a group of loud adventurers should make it easier to avoid notice because everyone is distracted by the paladin in full plate and bard that never stops playing their lute.

This, the GM that says otherwise is a buzzkill.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Jarvisi posted:

And of course you need to actually hit them and not just bodyslam them all day

Spoken like a true heel.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Sad you can't mind weapon a firearm

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Some of the funnest roleplaying I've done has come from having my character be absolutely stubbornly certain about something they knew was true (because they rolled a 1). Granted this was in a 4e game. GM for the AV game I'm in wants us to roll secret in Foundry though so :shrug:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Jen X posted:

Aside from alignments, tieflings/aasimar, and select monsters, I expect it to just be renamings galore

Force missile instead of magic missile, bag of lightness vs bag of holding, etc etc

Aye

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

2e fighters are goddamn amazing I can't stop crying poo poo with power attack :black101:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

My current character for my group's AV game is from there because it means I can do the silly stereotype accent for fun :toot:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I'm playing a reach weapon fighter in my group's AV game and at level 3 I'm having a ton of fun. Walking up and power attacking something for 2d10+4 damage and then getting to slap someone else during my off turn who feels like getting cheeky is real nice, and since fighters have real good bonuses you hit more often too. :toot: It's simple but then again I'm a simple person who enjoys rolling dice.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Arivia posted:

There's nothing wrong with liking or designing simple fighters. The complaint has historically been that fighters (and martial characters in general) were always simple and nothing else, and that simple meant less powerful than the classes with more rules tacked on (spellcasters).

Oh I didn't mean to come off like that, I was saying that yeah I'm playing about the simplest fighter you could but I still feel like I'm contributing to the party and not being dead weight. It's real nice!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

3 Action Economist posted:

https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6sibf?Unleash-More-Heroes-Official-Pathfinder-2nd

Demiplane has their character builder in open beta, now, but it's going to be like D&D Beyond where you have to rebuy all your books.

DoA smdh

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Most ttrpgs I've been in have involved an overarching plot with characters that players have put effort into making more than just a stat sheet and having that effort be wasted or being denied time at the table for a few sessions while they work out reviving you all due to a series of bad dice rolls is lovely in most circumstances. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

It's kind of irritating to want to do hand crossbow close combat silliness, but the archetype is uncommon cause AV path tagged yeah.