Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
I've recently gotten into 2e because a friend is running a game, and I've been playing around with frightened condition based builds. In the process, though, I've come across a couple questions and was curious if anyone in the thread knew the answers.

1) Is there an official response on the weird-rear end level curve for the Captivator dedication, where it's a level 4 feat for the dedication and then has its basic spellcasting feat at level 4 as well? Searching around for it I see people saying that a developer said it was a mistake but I can't find an actual source.

2) Does a Champion dedication gives you Tenets of [alignment] as a prerequsite for taking feats?

quote:

You are bound by your deity’s anathema and must follow the champion’s code and alignment requirements for your cause. You don’t gain any other abilities from your choice of deity or cause.
It seems like you have tenets since you're following the champion's code, but it says you don't get any other abilities so I'm not sure if you qualify for feats like Aura of Despair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

S.J. posted:

This looks like the kind of pf1e products they were coming out with to test 2.0 ideas

Starfinder had a lot of 2.0 ideas in it before 2.0, like ancestry HP, levelled lists of class specific options, key ability score, stat caps for character creation, etc. Although I wish Themes had made it to 2.0 as some kind of optional rule, they were a cool concept.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

gurragadon posted:

AI art is so terrible because it's being discussed in every thread I read. Especially in the Pathfinder 2e thread where Paizo just released the awesome Treasure Vault book.

To return the conversation back to pathfinder, hopefully, I was wondering what people thought of the new voicebox item from the Treasure Vault? It's a 5sp necklace that allows the wearer to translate their thoughts into an audible voice in a language that the hearer can understand.

https://2e.aonprd.com/Search.aspx?q=voicebox

What does "nonverbal" mean? I don't see it listed anywhere besides this items description. I kind of assume the item's intent was that it would be used by a mute character. However, it seems really useful for basically talking to everybody. Or also for a spellcaster to be able to cast verbal components even if they can't speak for whatever reason.

Nonverbal means exactly what it says on the tin, a character who cannot currently express themselves verbally, whether that's for a physical, physiological, or psychological reason. It's a real world term usually used for cases where it's a psychological cause and often temporary.

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 3, 2023

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lurks With Wolves posted:

maybe you're playing a campaign about fighting demons and playing a tiefling could be too much extra drama.

I feel like a campaign about fighting demons is a great place to play a tiefling. Considering it's called out specifically as an option in the player's guide for WOTR I feel like Paizo agrees. I'd honestly say a tiefling is most inappropriate in a location with almost no demonic presence, because your origin becomes questionable and your features will be maximally unusual. To use a concrete example, I'm playing a Loxodon in a D&D campaign that takes place in a setting that's basically 100% humans (discussed with the DM and party in advance), and the first like, dozen sessions any time the party met someone new we had to go through the whole "holy poo poo a talking elephant!" bit again. That's the kind of situation where I feel like something like tiefling would be disruptive, if you're constantly having to explain to people that they're not a demon and talking people down from attacking you.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of taking inspiration from the CRPG, (Kingmaker CRPG spoilers) is the Major Boon for Groteus in 2e based on Harrim's blessing from Groteus, or was that Boon described in an adventure path somewhere in 1e that I didn't read?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

A couple of questions about spells, in particular Calm Emotions.

The area of effect is a 10 foot burst, and it's a sustained spell. If a creature is hit in the initial cast and moves out of the area on its turn, does the sustain action keep the effect of the spell on the creature or is it the spell locked to the initial area?

Also, for the saving throw:
Success: Calming urges impose a –1 status penalty to the creature's attack rolls.
Failure: Any emotion effects that would affect the creature are suppressed and the creature can't use hostile actions. If the target is subject to hostility from any other creature, it ceases to be affected by calm emotions.
Critical Failure: As failure, but hostility doesn't end the effect.

If the creature succeeds the saving throw and is attacked, does it lose the -1 attack penalty? Under the failure it's explicit the spells stops affecting it once attacked, but it's not listed on the success description.

In general has anyone have success with Calm Emotions in their campaigns? It seems like a strong pick for a level 2 spell for my Bard. I see a lot of recommendations for Dispel Magic, but I haven't run into many casters in the Outlaws campaign so I wonder if something else would be a strong pick.

1I definitely think that the targets of the spell are the creatures hit by the initial burst and the sustain action keeps the effect active. Otherwise it would have explicit rules about leaving the area, and rules about what happens when a creature enters the area and ends their turn in the area, like Fire Seeds.
2) I'd rule the success effect as not ending on hostile actions, but I don't know if I'm missing some context about how success levels are structured.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Rythian posted:

I've had this argument a lot, and plenty of people disagree about how this works. There's multiple threads on the Paizo forum of people arguing one way or another, about what spells work, what healing works, etc, etc. The main argument really boils down to if Basic Undead Benefits overwrite the Undead trait, or they are both active, and if an undead character counts as "living creature".

The way I read it, a skeleton ancestry has the undead trait. It's right there in the tags for the ancestry. And Stitch Flesh has the text "You can use Treat Wounds to restore Hit Points to undead creatures, not just living ones." A Skeleton ancestry IS an undead creature. So therefore, Stitch Flesh would be required to use Treat Wounds on it. Similarly elixirs of life has in its text "Elixirs of life accelerate a living creature's natural healing processes". A skeleton is not a living creature.

Now, obviously, this is all down to how you read things. If you go by the idea that the undead trait isn't applicable for Skeleton (despite it being there) and instead only Basic Undead Benefits count, you can be healed by anything that isn't positive healing - so Elixirs of Life works on you despite you not being living, same for Elixir of Rejuvenation. It also makes Stitch Flesh kind of pointless. What are you gonna use it on? Random zombie minions following you around?

It definitely would make things easier for a party with a skeleton (like mine), but I can't help but feel it's a bit weird for a skeleton to be considered a living creature, that can be healed just the same as anyone else through bandages and salves and whatever, with just a standard Treat Wounds/Battle Medicine check.

I'm torn, honestly. I read the rules the way it makes sense to me, but maybe it would just be easier to be more permissive.
Elixir of Life is a weird case. It accelerates your natural healing process, so you'd think immediately that's out for a skeleton. But Basic Undead Benefits gives you just a bonus to saves vs poison and disease, not an immunity, so if a skeleton can catch and try to fight off lung diseases and blood borne illnesses they HAVE to have some kind of magical emulation of a living creature's immune system. Note that skeleton creatures like the Skeleton Guard or Skeletal Soldier have full disease immunity.

On the other hand, this block is literally on the same page as Basic Undead Benefits, in the "Playable Undead Options" section, so I gotta ultimately come down on the side of "Elixir of Life doesn't work on playable undead".

quote:

Healing Undead
Because of negative healing many typical means of healing don’t work on undead. The heal spell can’t heal undead, but harm and soothe can. Healing potions and elixirs of life are no use, but an oil of unlife can heal undead. In addition, a character can take the Stitch Flesh skill feat to heal undead with Treat Wounds.

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 6, 2023

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Does the Dragon's Roar action give immunity to one minute after it's used, or only if you leave the stance? The wording is a little unclear. I assume it's the former?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Alignment leaving is hypothetically nice but considering that PF2e has quite a few alignment locked character options I find it hard to believe this is more than a quick rebrand of the system.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Chevy Slyme posted:

The only alignment locked character options are Champions and Clerics to specific deities; locks which are perfectly adequately handled without the 9 point alignment grid but instead with the existing tenet/anathema rules.

This is not true. Off the top of my head, the Red Mantis Assassin archetype is avaialble to only Lawful Evil characters, the Hellknight and Hellknight Signifier archtypes are only available to Lawful characters, and at least one undead related archetype is available only to Evil characters. These things can be changed, obviously, but it's not just Champions and Clerics.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Chevy Slyme posted:

All of the flavors of Paladin have specific Tenets and Anathema that are literally baked into the class and function in place of alignment just fine.

As with the Champion, Red Mantis Assassin's are restricted to being worshipers of Achakek, which, again, anathema and tenets are pretty clearly right there. Same for the Hellknight subclasses.

As for undead archetypes... Lich doesn't actually require an evil character... it just requires some pretty evil acts.

Achakek worshippers can be Neutral Evil and Lawful Neutral as well as Lawful Evil, but Red Mantis specifically requires LE, so it's a requirement on top of divine anathema stuff. Also, I wasn't talking about Lich, Corpse Tender and Undead Master both require an evil alignment, I presume because both involve Commanding undead and the Command Undead feat has a requirement for an Evil alignment, even on top of requiring a Harmful Font.

Again, I'm not saying these are unfixable issues that can't be changed if alignment was removed, but my point is that currently, alignment does have mechanical meaning beyond simply gating your deity or your tenent for Cleric and Champion.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

YggdrasilTM posted:

Uh what. 5ed casters usually are quite mediocre DPS.
I mean, in 5ed fighter are... the best DPS in the game? They have a bunch of attacks really early and a bunch of talents. They can deal an incredible amount of damage in a very consistent way (paladins go higher, but they are less consistent). A 11 level fighter with a greatsword and great weapon master can deal on average 70 damages every round, 140 when they use action surge. This with no magic weapon, no crits, and no subclass shenanigans. It has never been damage their problem.

If a fighter is only getting off one attack per combat, it means it was nova-able, and casters generally have the best nova with stuff like quickened fireball + damage cantrip. Pure DPR martials probably come out ahead longrun even with how good cantrips are, but if the casters have resources and there's not just one enemy casters easily outpace fighters for the rounds where they're able to drop big spells.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

A Meatslab posted:

If I wanted to be uncharitable, maybe I'd say they're banking off of people not knowing those free options exist.

If that was the plan they probably wouldn't link to archives of nethys on their official product pages

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Chevy Slyme posted:

Giving Merfolk wheelchairs to let them adventure on land is so simple and obvious and I don’t know why it’s not been done before.

Wheelchairs are certianly new but the basic idea was present in 1e, I don't know if it ever ended up in actual rulebooks but the idea of a small cart for a merfolk on land was definitely around in play. Now that the setting has explicit wheelchairs they're obviously a much better purpose-built solution, though.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Silver2195 posted:

The lore wiki page on Nocticula is pretty vague about what specific bad things she did; her career as a demon lord seems to have consisted mostly of killing other demon lords. Whereas Sorshen's "lustfulness" is specifically tied to her mastery of mind control magic, and this is central to the concept of Thassilonian Rune Magic; even if you ignore all more specific 1e lore, that's unavoidably icky.

Nocticula was the queen of succubi and was explicitly a sadist, and you think she's responsible for less reprehensible sex crimes than a single rune mage? Have you seen what succubi get up to in Wrath of the Righteous?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Megazver posted:

(As long as they're attractive. If you're a mid dude, just die, sorry.)

explain Trever from Wrath of the Righteous then

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Cyouni posted:

It's always going to happen, but it's leaving room for if a future class archetype trades it away.

That's not how archetypes work in this edition though. It could be future proofing in case they introduce subclasses or a feat that gives up your class feature, or it could be a remnant from early in design where they were considering keeping the 1e version of archetypes.

I thought it might be related to the dual-classed characters variant rule, but my reading of how they explain overlapping features suggests that the an Oracle would still gain Lightning Reflexes at level 13 even if they had that level of reflex save from an earlier level from another class, it just wouldn't do anything. They reference gaining Alertness as a Cleric/Ranger, for example.

My best guess is that they just wanted to leave open the design space for sacrificing class features without it breaking progression on skills, or in case they open some way for you to get mystery benefits through other sources.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Cyouni posted:

Note that I specified class archetype, aka the 1e version.

Note that it has the potential to alter/replace static class features, like say...Lightning Reflexes.

Huh, I didn't actually know that was in the description for class archtypes, since the existing ones are more about altering than actually just removing features as a cost. My bad!

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The GMing guide is pretty explicit about that, it seems

quote:

Adjudicating the Rules
[..]
To make calls on the fly, use the following guidelines, which are the same principles the game rules are based on. You might want to keep printouts of these guidelines and the DC guidelines for quick reference.
[..]
* When two sides are opposed, have one roll against the other's DC. Don't have both sides roll (initiative is the exception to this rule). The character who rolls is usually the one acting (except in the case of saving throws).

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I think the fiddly extra action thing is supposed to just make it matter whether you're wearing something or have it in your pack. I think you should be able to wear the potion instead of having it in your pack? But otherwise yeah it takes a decent number of actions to use an item if you don't have some feature to improve it.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Just assume they've got the potion on their belt or whatever. Backpack is for stuff you won't need in combat ever.

So Release Grip (free action), Grab Potion (interact), Drink Potion (interact), Regrip to Two Hands (interact).

Another reason that I think my favorite type of Fighter is one-handed, you get all the athletic maneuvers and you can easily roll into battle with a potion in your hand already.

it seems comically bizarre to walk into battle with a potion in one hand and have that be optimal

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

SilverMike posted:

Isn't Tian Xia more an analog for China while Minkai is Japan?

E: Guess Minkai is still part of the continent, just feels weird to me to go straight for Japanese-themed classes.

Considering that one of the big things we have from Tian Xia is nine tailed fox people and they're called "kitsune", rather than "huli jing", I think it's fair to assume that we'll continue to get Japanese stuff out of Tian Xia even if Minkai is a relatively small part of it. That said, the Tian Xia preview did include some Indonesian mythology inspired stuff so I wouldn't be surprised if they're taking the chance to remind people that Tian Xia is more than just Japan.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Assuming they're not knocking off some minor or regional deity, Sarenrae seems like a possible hit as far as shaking things up by knocking out an obvious good god in a similar way to Aroden. Pharasma would be the biggest shakeup I think but I'd be very sad if they choose to go that way.

e: Iomedae would be also be possibility for a story thing in that it would essentially be a suggestion of further mysterious forces against Aroden, the person who tries to take his place gets smacked down when she gets too close.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Killing Zon is also kinda boring. If you're killing a god to progress the setting, you want to knock out someone who's a significant part of the status quo, not a villainous little periphery guy.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh so this is like WOTR mythic rules then

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Silver2195 posted:

It’s neat in a lot of ways, but I can also see why a lot of people don’t like it. The lore/vibes of it come across as having more metaphysical/narrative importance than other classes to an extent. An Exalted-inspired campaign where everyone gets Exemplar multiclass as a free archetype might be fun, but I can definitely see the problems that could arise with an Exemplar in a party of non-Exemplars, even if the actual mechanics are balanced.

Depends on the group, I feel like. I've been in groups where it was very clear that one or two party members were the most important to the story because they engaged with the setting and the DM and as such ended up in plotlines related to the setting while the others played comic relief or straight man or some other similar supporting role. None of the people outside the main roles ever minded it, if anything they were a little relieved to have less narrative weight so they could play out silly things without having to worry about leading the plot.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

mind the walrus posted:

"The tech fucks with magic/god stuff so there's pushback and limits the tech to only the areas where it's most fun."

Ah, Arcanum.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

One thing that's surprised me a bit about 2e, coming almost directly from 4e, is that there doesn't seem to be any sort of 1hp mook or cannon-fodder type model for enemies. There's the weak template, but still it seems like the Pathfinder Society adventures I've been playing/running tend to have only 2-3 enemies (against a 4-5 person group) all the time because of it.

Wondering if the devs ever talked about 1hp enemies and if they thought about including them as a way to make certain combats feel more busy or cinematic from time to time?

1hp enemies seem kind of like needlessly preferencing AoE to me. Using an action to deal 1 damage compared to using two actions to kill like five people (who die even if they make the save for half damage, so it's guaranteed value) seems like some very skewed action economy. A lower HP version like Andrast's cannon fodder template doesn't sound too bad but dying to literally any hit just devalues damage.

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah Swash is more about synergy and distraction right? Doesn't seem amazing for damage output. Our 12 Monk took on a Swashbuckler dedication so I have my eye for what benefits will be there.

You can get some pretty good damage out of Swash once you get finisher stuff online but it's a lot more finicky and situational than just being able to hit things hard.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lamuella posted:

Yeah, you can cast one spell that has a level and one cantrip on your turn. This would usually come down to a levelled spell that's a bonus action and a cantrip that's an action. I'm leaving aside anything about metamagic as that just complicates things.

(I'm specifying on your turn rather than per round because you can also cast a spell that uses your reaction outside of your turn)

It's actually way more finicky than that. You can in fact, cast two levelled spells on your turn if have Action Surge from fighter. The spells in one turn rule is SPECIFICALLY about bonus actions:

quote:

A spell cast with a bonus action is especially swift. You must use a bonus action on your turn to cast the spell, provided that you haven’t already taken a bonus action this turn. You can’t cast another spell during the same turn, except for a cantrip with a casting time of 1 action.

This also means you can't cast a leveled spell as your action and a cantrip as your bonus action, but vice versa is fine.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

Does anyone have familiarity with the snare rules? https://2e.aonprd.com/Rules.aspx?ID=743

Are there rules about how a snare is deployed? Are there certain snares or feats that allow a character to deploy a snare within a single turn? Sort of seeing if I could create a gimmick around that...

If you're looking into snare builds, there's a pretty good document on them.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

YggdrasilTM posted:

If It's a general behaviour of the population, sure. If it's just some individuals, why? It IS within the range of possible reactions. If I go in an elven city and some innkeepers are racist against my human PC and refuse to let me sleep in their inn, for example, the GM should have made clear in session zero?

uhh I mean we had someone in this thread already express it was a hard line for them and it's... something people deal with in real life and maybe don't want intruding on their fantasy time. So yes, I think it's maybe worth talking about, even if you're not planning to use it often.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ryuujin posted:

Not sure if Plant should be separate or an option under Elemental now that Plant and Metal are Elements.

Minor correction: plant isn't an element, wood is. Pathfinder's elements are a combination of the five elements of wuxing (fire, earth, water, metal, and wood) and the four greek classic elements (earth, wind, fire, and water). You could have an aboreal wood elemental, but I think you'd be fully justified in calling something like a creeper vine or living fungus a distinct category.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I deeply hope they adjust the wonky level progression of Captivator at some point. It uses spell schools so it already doesn't work properly with remaster, so it seems like it would need errata eventually either way.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Featherless Biped posted:

Despite the name, Gortle’s Spell Guide for the Sorcerer is a pretty good overview of all four spell lists.

I mean, Sorceror has access ot all four lists, so it makes sense.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jon posted:

Trying not to be insulted that this emoji looks exactly like me

I hope it will not ruin your day to discover that the character in that emote stars in a poorly regarded game called YIIK and is not exactly portrayed in a flattering manner

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Scoss posted:

I think I'm just gonna rule that the stage 1 drug benefit is active even during deeper stages, the user can choose to not purge the drug if they pass a check at stage 1, and ignore the entire addiction subsystem entirely. And lower the fortitude DC by 5.

I have an NPC who I want to offer my players some illicit black market goods as a reward, and combat drugs was one idea (along with guns and magical tattoo needles). I was prepared to homebrew something out of whole cloth anyway but I saw that drugs already existed within the game, unfortunate to see that they almost seem intentionally worthless.

I'm pretty sure they intentionally modelled drugs in such a way that playing optimally wouldn't include being a drug addict.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Red Metal posted:

Rare backgrounds often have nonstandard benefits. In exchange for losing an ability score boost and a lore skill, Feral Child makes you trained in another normal skill and gives you improved senses. Feral Child is more nonstandard than most rare backgrounds (most of them seem to replace the free skill feat or trained skills with some unique ability), but it's not the only big outlier; Amnesiac gives you three free boosts, one chosen by the GM, and no other benefits.

e: Magical Experiment only gives a single abiltiy boost.

Song of the Deep also.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think Pathfinder Vampires are equally inconvienced by having a dagger stuck in their eye as they would be if that strike hit them in the toe instead. It makes sense for things like an ooze which are LITERALLY undifferentiated masses of goo, but even if undead don't need hearts anymore or whatever they're still complex beings with parts with varying degrees of function and importance. Even if you don't want to take the "precision damage is an abstraction of locational damage" approach, it's harder to put a knife through a zombie's knee than through parts of its neck because it still has bones.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lurks With Wolves posted:

They have mentioned literally nothing about remaking splatbooks. Half of why this is a remaster is so they can keep using Secrets of Magic et al as the main Pathfinder 2e splatbook on those topics. The other half is that they're taking this opportunity to get rid of a bunch of weird OGL cruft like Light and Dancing Lights being separate spells, which means their completely-original splatbooks have much fewer things to change in the first place. Yeah, they'll have changes eventually, but that's the kind of thing that can be covered by a meatier-than-usual errata pass instead of making Secrets of Magic 2: Now With Fewer Mechanical Spell Schools. You're worrying about something that we don't even know is happening.

EDIT: Okay, a meaty errata pass is still a problem if you specifically use physical books. They're still almost certainly only making changes you can fit into a few pages you can print out and keep with your book so you remember what school-less Magi and runelords look like and not the kind of sweeping changes that would require a whole new book, though.

I think it depends a little on how Wizard ends up looking, too. To be in a school, any spell from a splatbook needs to either a) be reprinted in core or a future book that adds wizard spells or spell schools or b) be referenced but not reprinted, leaving a book trying to get away from old cruft saying "for more details, look at this book that still has the old cruft". If after the remaster Wizards end up being very focused on their school spells, splatbook spells that are school-less end up having a higher opportunity cost to learn or use.

Unrelated to spell schools, is running wood kinecists as somewhat healing focused a trap? A lot of thier impulses have ten minute immunity periods and I can't really get a good feel for if I'm honestly going to get more out of them than just training in Medicine and taking the normal feats package for that. It feels like the fact that none of the immunity periods overlap should be enough to make it useful, but I'd like a second opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Impermanent posted:

seems like a nice feat but i'm imagining the fighter practicing this being like one of those guys who practices sheathing and unsheathing a katana in his bedroom mirror

Considering you can stow two things and draw two more it sounds more like someone practicing the revolver ocelot gun juggling that includes holstering and unholstering.