Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
So for the longer adventure paths, that are broken up into six sections, can you start halfway through, or is going to be too much trouble bringing a group in halfway through a series? Is there a path one can jump a group into at level 11 where the back half is well written even if the path had a shaky start?

I'm going to be starting a new game with my group and after discussion everybody wants to try PF2E. (The group was already ready to try something not-5E anyway, even without all the OGL kerfuffle.) I'm lazy and looking for an adventure path to run, but it looks like ones most interesting to me and the group are the shorter ones. So I'm wondering if I can start with one of those and then, if the campaign's survived that long, pivot to another adventure path. Although this'll be a reset rather than trying to convert 5E characters, my group does want at least the theoretical possibility to play to 20 if the burned out DM (that's me) doesn't flip the table again.

(I did see there's one 11-20 adventure path, and I do have the Mortal Kombat soundtrack if I really need it, but the group wasn't super excited about arena combats.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Rythian posted:

Another 11-20 adventure path is coming out this year, maybe that appeals more? It definitely does to me and my group.

That does sound better than the other options, thanks.

We’re definitely starting at first level, starting at high levels sounds suicidal for me as gm, and would probably be rough for the less crunchy members of the group. But the group wants to have a long term plan.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Arivia posted:

Beginner box - troubles in Otari/abomination vaults - this new AP would take you from 1-20 with little narrative or gameplay trouble

(This new AP starts in Absalom, the City at the Center of the World right by Otari)

Cool, abomination vaults was already high on my list.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
How does Foundry support work (or does it) for current adventure paths? Is there any support available when the first issue of a path is available, or is it something that's available later whenever nerds get to it?

(I have a group that's leaning towards starting Gatewalkers, in the not too distance future, we're already using Foundry for games, and I'm pretty lazy.)

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
I don't think the APG was in the bundle, was it?

The bundle did contain the starter kit, and if the Core Rulebook is too overwhelming place to start, then going to the starter's Hero's Handbook would give more concise overview before diving in.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

M. Night Skymall posted:

The designers of PF2E wanted to get rid of ability scores to maybe prevent this kind of weird rear end thinking, but the people in the playtests voted heavily against it, so we still have vestigial ability scores where your boosts should be decided by your class/subclass choices.

Please fix it, but don’t change anything. - customers of anything.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Jarvisi posted:

I knew it was coming because of the harrow themed adventure path. But here it is!

https://paizo.com/products/btq02ebn?Pathfinder-Harrow-Deck

Finally.

I'm a sucker for good card deck props. I really need to learn how to force card draws convincingly though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
Do the encounters at least make sense for the story? I've been running Gatewalkers and I feel like half the encounters are kind of filler.