Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

I've never seen Laurence of Arabia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

me either :hfive:

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

there's a town in north alabama called Arab but it's pronounced 'AY-rab' and now I'm think about about AY-rab Larry. I bet he gets up to some wild poo poo

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Escape From Noise

I'm just unsophisticated

baka of lathspell

sorry that i didn’t do it sooner!

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

google THIS

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

there's a town in north alabama called Arab but it's pronounced 'AY-rab' and now I'm think about about AY-rab Larry. I bet he gets up to some wild poo poo

Must be the same people who named Lima (LYE-ma) and Versailles (ver-SAYLZ) here in Ohio

e: Now that I think about it I don't think they've ever apologized

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
me neither but I have seen Laurence Fishburne in some poo poo like The Matrix, a classic film that will make you question reality. What is the Matrix? This is a question asked in the movie, but is redundant because the Matrix is obviously a classic film that redefined the sci-fi action genre, and had people all over America asking themselves "What is the Matrix?" You may be asking yourself "What is the Matrix?" The answer is very simple: Imagine you're about to karate kick somebody so you jump in the air and the camera goes like "wooooooooooooovvvvvv" and then you do the kick and the motherf*cker goes flying. That's what the Matrix is really about.

google THIS

Oh and I also haven't seen it and I'm doubly sorry because I was kind of avoiding the elephant in the room

google THIS

Kind of like the elephant in Laurence of Arabia

If there is one

Which I wouldn't know

Because

Escape From Noise

google THIS posted:

Must be the same people who named Lima (LYE-ma) and Versailles (ver-SAYLZ) here in Ohio

e: Now that I think about it I don't think they've ever apologized

I can't really say anything about Paris,, Texas the city, but the movie? Beautiful!

Escape From Noise

Dog Day Afternoon. But the Snoop Dogg song.

sb hermit

Escape From Noise posted:

hell, :same:

I'm just unsophisticated

hell, :same:

sb hermit

I say a lot of mean things about budweiser but to be honest I haven't ever drunk one before.

I did drink a coors and it was some real watery stuff which is why I stick to IPAs and pale ales

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

sb hermit posted:

I say a lot of mean things about budweiser but to be honest I haven't ever drunk one before.

it's thick and kinda salty? stay away

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

sb hermit

I stopped following the fantastic ace combat 7 thread because I wanted to stay ahead of the missions (I have my own copy of ace combat 7 and a flight stick) but I couldn't beat mission 6 and I refused to change the difficulty to easy.

On the other hand, I'll have some more time in a month to actually try my hand at beating it. Then I need to catch up on like a thousand posts.

sb hermit

Areola Grande posted:

it's thick and kinda salty? stay away

:vince:

thank you for the warning!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

sb hermit posted:

:vince:

thank you for the warning!

what u want is the real deal babe :fourloko: :smuggo:

sb hermit

I have a "many different users state that they do not like or want me posting" gang tag but I don't really feel that I deserve it. It only really happened once in one thread in Games where I had a bad opinion and it hasn't happened anywhere else.

Escape From Noise

sb hermit posted:

I did drink a coors and it was some real watery stuff which is why I stick to IPAs and pale ales

Budweiser is weird and has that real acetaldehyde flavor to me. Miller is my cheap American beer of choice. Budweiser just is very weirdly unpleasant to me. Real Czech Budweiser is awesome though.

sb hermit

Areola Grande posted:

what u want is the real deal babe :fourloko: :smuggo:

If I ever hang out with you or Rarity in real life then I'll try it.

Meanwhile, I'll stick to shots of whiskey.

sb hermit

Budweiser is weird and has that real acetaldehyde flavor to me. Miller is my cheap American beer of choice. Budweiser just is very weirdly unpleasant to me. Real Czech Budweiser is awesome though.

now I sincerely actually want to try some

Escape From Noise

It's called Czechvar for export to the US and looks like this. They predate the American stuff by several hundred years and stole their name from the Czech beer. The American label looks like this

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 19, 2022

Escape From Noise

There's a somewhat interesting article about the fight for the name. In the end the author (incorrectly) comes to the conclusion that neither is very good, complaining about a lack of carbonation in the Czech Budweiser because they probably got an old bottle. It's a very nice beer, I think. Although I prefer Pilsner Urqell.

Chrs

i’ve seen it and it is very long

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
im not american, but one time i bought an extremely marked up bottle of american budweiser, and it was one of the worst beers i ever had

the czech one is primo tho

also i never watched lawrence of arabia either, sorry

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
czech beer is p much the best in the world, belgium also has a lot of good beers but they also do weird stuff like sour beers

germans mix beer w/ cola

Nosfereefer

hungary produces remarkably bad beer

Nosfereefer

the danes? they make respectable beer, despite being perverts

Nosfereefer

p much any beer made in the vicinity of the mediterranean is garbage

Escape From Noise

Nosfereefer posted:

im not american, but one time i bought an extremely marked up bottle of american budweiser, and it was one of the worst beers i ever had

the czech one is primo tho

also i never watched lawrence of arabia either, sorry

On behalf of Americans everywhere, I'm so sorry. They're really trying to maket it hard here in Japan recently. A lot of bars have it on tap suddenly, as well as a lot of convenience stores.

Also, last time I was back home in like 2019 I saw Jim Beam barrel aged Budweiser. I'd have tried that garbage is it wasn't like 20 bucks.

Nosfereefer

On behalf of Americans everywhere, I'm so sorry. They're really trying to maket it hard here in Japan recently. A lot of bars have it on tap suddenly, as well as a lot of convenience stores.

Also, last time I was back home in like 2019 I saw Jim Beam barrel aged Budweiser. I'd have tried that garbage is it wasn't like 20 bucks.

how does it compare to domestic japanese beer tho? i never tried, or even heard anything about nihon brews

Escape From Noise

Nosfereefer posted:

how does it compare to domestic japanese beer tho? i never tried, or even heard anything about nihon brews

I really dislike American Budweiser. It has this very distinct artificial green apple flavor to me that I just find very unappealing. Japanese beer is okay, but it depends. Suntory The Malt's is so loving hot awful, but Premium Malts is decent. I generally get that or Sapporo or Yebisu (Sapporo's premium brand). I don't like Kirin or their premium brand Heartland a ton, but I'll drink it if that's what's on tap. Asahi Super Dry was the big one for a long time and probably my least favorite after Malts. They seem to be losing ground though. They reformulated Super Dry recently. It's okay I guess but never my first choice.

Nosfereefer

I really dislike American Budweiser. It has this very distinct artificial green apple flavor to me that I just find very unappealing. Japanese beer is okay, but it depends. Suntory The Malt's is so loving hot awful, but Premium Malts is decent. I generally get that or Sapporo or Yebisu (Sapporo's premium brand). I don't like Kirin or their premium brand Heartland a ton, but I'll drink it if that's what's on tap. Asahi Super Dry was the big one for a long time and probably my least favorite after Malts. They seem to be losing ground though. They reformulated Super Dry recently. It's okay I guess but never my first choice.

fair enough, you'd be hard pressed to make worse beer than american bud. how popular is even beer in japan? from a cursory look, it seems like the oldest established brewery was less than 150 years ago

baka of lathspell

ive never seen waynes world

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Escape From Noise

Nosfereefer posted:

fair enough, you'd be hard pressed to make worse beer than american bud. how popular is even beer in japan? from a cursory look, it seems like the oldest established brewery was less than 150 years ago

Until pretty recently it was the most popular alcoholic beverage. While it's relatively new it's way common. There's a phrase for ordering "a draft beer for now", for instance. Drinking among the younger generation is way down but whiskey is way popular. Especially among young women.

Twenty Four

Chrs posted:

i’ve seen it and it is very long

No one has actually sat through the entirety of Lawrence of Arabia. The first film critic to watch it got halfway through it, found it to be a slow boring slog, then gave it a stellar review to hide the fact that they never finished it like they were supposed to.

Every subsequent reviewer also got maybe halfway through it and just agreed with the first guy to not look like an idiot and retain their status as a reputable film critic. That kept happening for about 60 years and now it probably has over a 90% rotten tomatoes ranking despite no one in history ever having watched the complete show.

There are rumors of a pair of roommates where the first one turned it on and fell asleep after a couple of hours, then the second one sat down somewhere in the middle and saw the ending, and between the two of them they could piece the whole thing together, but no one has ever seen both of them in the same room at the same time and the story is largely regarded as an urban myth.

sb hermit

This is the same feeling I got for The Irishman on Netflix. I really should sit down and watch it someday.

Anyways, I think it's for things like this that old movies had explicit intermissions. I looked it up and Laurence of Arabia was 227 minutes. LOTR Return of the King was 201 minutes. I wonder what the cutoff is when an intermission is appropriate.

The only movie I watched with an intermission was Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Which wasn't really much of an intermission but it was funny.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlQy7wYT6Wk

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Nosfereefer

Until pretty recently it was the most popular alcoholic beverage. While it's relatively new it's way common. There's a phrase for ordering "a draft beer for now", for instance. Drinking among the younger generation is way down but whiskey is way popular. Especially among young women.

huh, that seems specific. but do you mean beer is relatively recent in japan, but now people mostly drink whiskey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

sb hermit posted:

I have a "many different users state that they do not like or want me posting" gang tag but I don't really feel that I deserve it. It only really happened once in one thread in Games where I had a bad opinion and it hasn't happened anywhere else.

Wear it as a badge of honour o7 I think its cool as hell, to me, personally

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut