Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
im not american, but one time i bought an extremely marked up bottle of american budweiser, and it was one of the worst beers i ever had

the czech one is primo tho

also i never watched lawrence of arabia either, sorry

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
czech beer is p much the best in the world, belgium also has a lot of good beers but they also do weird stuff like sour beers

germans mix beer w/ cola

Nosfereefer

hungary produces remarkably bad beer

Nosfereefer

the danes? they make respectable beer, despite being perverts

Nosfereefer

p much any beer made in the vicinity of the mediterranean is garbage

Nosfereefer

Escape From Noise posted:

On behalf of Americans everywhere, I'm so sorry. They're really trying to maket it hard here in Japan recently. A lot of bars have it on tap suddenly, as well as a lot of convenience stores.

Also, last time I was back home in like 2019 I saw Jim Beam barrel aged Budweiser. I'd have tried that garbage is it wasn't like 20 bucks.

how does it compare to domestic japanese beer tho? i never tried, or even heard anything about nihon brews

Nosfereefer

I really dislike American Budweiser. It has this very distinct artificial green apple flavor to me that I just find very unappealing. Japanese beer is okay, but it depends. Suntory The Malt's is so loving hot awful, but Premium Malts is decent. I generally get that or Sapporo or Yebisu (Sapporo's premium brand). I don't like Kirin or their premium brand Heartland a ton, but I'll drink it if that's what's on tap. Asahi Super Dry was the big one for a long time and probably my least favorite after Malts. They seem to be losing ground though. They reformulated Super Dry recently. It's okay I guess but never my first choice.

fair enough, you'd be hard pressed to make worse beer than american bud. how popular is even beer in japan? from a cursory look, it seems like the oldest established brewery was less than 150 years ago

Nosfereefer

Until pretty recently it was the most popular alcoholic beverage. While it's relatively new it's way common. There's a phrase for ordering "a draft beer for now", for instance. Drinking among the younger generation is way down but whiskey is way popular. Especially among young women.

huh, that seems specific. but do you mean beer is relatively recent in japan, but now people mostly drink whiskey?

Nosfereefer

i probably would drink fermented horse milk if that was what was served, my point still stand with regard to american budweiser being bad

Nosfereefer

you seriously don't want to offend the mongol overlords, drink that messed up horse milk and call it manna from heaven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

sb hermit posted:

I CAN'T STOP BURPING

:gonk:

you were warned