Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Was alright but christ stop casting Matt Smith - he’s a stain on every scene.

Nice to see dragoon armour tho in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

blue squares posted:

Yeah it was pretty underwhelming. I thought they would have done something bigger to capture everyone’s attention and generate some excitement and faith

Also doctor who man is ridiculous casting for the malevolent badass. He is so unbelievable in that role

QuoProQuid posted:

The sets and costume design are very impressive and I'm cool with a slow build. My main problem is that, by virtue of this being a prequel, I know that whatever these characters will inevitably fail.

Kinda - this is 172 years in the past though so who knows what can happen. We know someone has a kid and they become king and go mad so Jamie Lannister can kill em.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Why would I do that though? As someone who hasn't/won't read the books I am going to let the show tell me what happens.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Can someone explain why "suddenly" they were killing each other during the tournament? Or were they supposed to?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think I was just thrown off as the first one the guy just won and they moved on. Then the next time they are ripping a guys face off. :lol:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He kinda fell into the same naming scheme with the big players in Elden Ring.

Godwyn the Golden son of Godfrey the first Elden lord. Father to Godrick and Godefroy the Grafted.

Morgott/Margit, the Omen King brother to Mohg, Lord of Blood. Son of Queen Marika.

https://www.vg247.com/elden-ring-boss-demigod-names-george-r-r-martin-initials

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress, Matt Smith is so unintimidating. :lol:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

MLSM posted:

That armor owns what are you smoking

Winners don't use drugs.

Also the armor is great - did you look at the face inside though?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I wonder if cauterizing it will even work on a Targaryen?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

grittyreboot posted:

I didn't like that they had a child actress tell a middle aged man she could bear him kids. I don't care if it's historically accurate, it's really gross. I hope they move away from that ASAP

It's not real. And it's supposed to be a gross scene.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He's hosed anyways - he was barehanding the crab greyscale man. RIP

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's crazy how different this felt - obviously cause of the actors - but overall it just seemed so much... better? No shade to the younger actors but holy hell these new ones are so much better. Even the children were on a whole new level.

Also the lack of music throughout the entire episode made things insanely foreboding.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That loving ruled!! And drat another time skip of at least 5 years.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I think one of the bookreaders said the books are told from like a maesters POV - so nothing that happens in the book may be true but now we're finding out what actually happened in this age.

Also I thought for sure that one of the brown hairs was hosed when that rock connected and he was dead but it was just a broken nose in the end.

E: On my LG i've turned the brightness up a couple notches for Disney+ since they all look like poo poo in dark scenes. I first noticed in the Bad Batch episodes as night scenes were completely loving black minus white eyes and neon lights.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Tender Bender posted:

Amazon's streaming algorithm seems much better overall tbh, although I don't think I've seen something in Dolby Vision on that platform yet (they usually do regular HDR). I'll check that out!

Amazons is so good.

Fleabag looked so loving good on my tv.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Weird.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

lol

https://consequence.net/2022/10/house-of-the-dragon-lighting-hbo/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Was hoping we'd at least get to the Starks for some fanservice of visiting Winterfell again but that was pretty satisfying and did it's job of making viewers want even more. God I cannot wait for some of these assholes to die though. I was hoping the hand for sure was gonna bite it to start the war.