Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will melt down first?
Blitz
Oberst
Teemerk
Other
View Results

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

e: LEAUGE LAUNCH WILL LIKELY HAPPEN IMMEDIATELY AFTER RELEASE OF WEEK 1 ROSTERS

Hello goons,

:siren: THIS ONLINE FRANCHISE LEAGUE IS FOR XBOX SERIES X/S :siren: PLEASE REACH OUT TO WICCAN WASTELAND IF YOU THINK THERES ENOUGH PLAYERS FOR A PS5 LEAGUE

With an extended continuity stretching back DECADES the Goon Madden franchise has returned to the forums! But you still need discord as that has been our main platform for communication for the last 6 years.
Link here: https://discord.gg/S2rNwKUaHD

I'll probably pull the old rules or whatever at some point but lets just put the main tenets of the league here:

- please try and treat this like our collective NFL rpg
- please don't play like a pubbie
- don't use chew clock option toggle until the 4th because its just an awful feature

That's really it - if you need more rules let me know. If we wanted to play pubbies we'd be in quick match. Also, there are no insane restrictions on play calling that you may see in older/reddit leagues in the name of "realism". It's unrealistic to tell users they can't call the same run play in a row. Crying uncontrollably because someone ran power I left repeatedly on me when I couldn't stop it.

I will fill this out later....maybe. Teams coming up

Oberstwo fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Aug 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Reserved for if i make rules or whatever

League Commissioners:

Oberst
Dubious
Wiccanwasteland

Oberstwo fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 19, 2022

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Current League Outlook - this is a draft for now. Spots may change. Contact is primarily through madden goons discord

AFC

Ravens - @obersy
Steelers -
Bengals - @goetta
Browns - @Lord Waffle Beer

Pats - @phobeste
Bills - @BrownThunder
Jets -
Dolf - @Declan

Chargers - @ross
Chefs - @dubs
Raiders - @blitz
Bronco - @Gurk

Tits - @Metapod
Jag -
Texans -
Colts - @GNU Order

NFC

Viking - @dralun
Bear - @da_goob
Pack - @MikeRabsitch
Lions -

Cowboys - @wiccanwasteland
Skins -
Eagle - @barmold
Giants - @Daltos

9ers -
Jawks - @coolwhoami
Cards - @jxprime - has not responded yet
Rams - @HOTLANTA MAN

Panthers -
Saints -
Bucs - @flickmaker
Falcoms -

Oberstwo fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 19, 2022

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
goon league is a land of contrasts. sometimes you play a hard fought game only to lose 28-24 because you forgot that injuries after the 2min warning uses your timeouts. sometimes your opponent throws a picky six right before the half in a 1-score game and forfeits